• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Nathan taking leave from his course at Yale to focus on preparing for the Beijing Olympics.

The scratching sounds we hear are the commentators rewriting their scripts for this season.

Welp I guess Nathan is far more self-aware than most of the people who talk about him. He was coasting on the technical accomplishments he already had last season, and he does need to up his arsenal if he wants to compete with the turbocharged Yuzu and Vincent coming up behind him.

I guess commentators can use Nathan's old script for Vincent this season, so all is not lost.

5 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

The scratching sounds we hear are the commentators rewriting their scripts for this season.

Welp I guess Nathan is far more self-aware than most of the people who talk about him. He was coasting on the technical accomplishments he already had last season, and he does need to up his arsenal if he wants to compete with the turbocharged Yuzu and Vincent coming up behind him.

I guess commentators can use Nathan's old script for Vincent this season, so all is not lost.

.....eeeeeeeeeep......

(I know, a pretty nondescript comment, but then again let's see how *they* would try to spin the narrative, seems like lots of fun (not!) (...not fun at all, just annoying, as ever~))

6 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Nathan taking leave from his course at Yale to focus on preparing for the Beijing Olympics.

Wait, he is doing it this year? I think the plan was the year before the Olympics (and of course the Olympics season as well)... Did he change his mind? Does Yale allow for a three years break?  :confused:

16 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Wait, he is doing it this year? I think the plan was the year before the Olympics (and of course the Olympics season as well)... Did he change his mind? Does Yale allow for a three years break?  :confused:

I think Gallagher's tweet was not clear. It probably means that after this year (school year), so next May. Raf mentioned that Nathan is in California now and he's going back to school in three weeks. He said he'd like Nathan to go back to California in January but at this point it seems it's just his wish, nothing more.

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I think Gallagher's tweet was not clear. It probably means that after this year (school year), so next May. Raf mentioned that Nathan is in California now and he's going back to school in three weeks. He said he'd like Nathan to go back to California in January but at this point it seems it's just his wish, nothing more.

Ok, that makes sense. 

49 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Ah, that seems more reasonable. I was also confused with the idea of a 3-yr break after only 1 yr :confused:

I think in earlier interviews Nathan has talked about studying for 2 years and then postponing school until Beijing. He probably can't leave school after three semesters (in January), only after a full year.  It may be just Raf's wish to leave earlier. He talked about already how useful it was for Nathan to return to California before Worlds so it'd be easier for him to have Nathan back after US Nationals and prepare together for Worlds.

Gallagher's tweet caused confusion, which he tweeted a bit earlier than that podcast itself. Not sure why he tweets something that's not clear at all.