I am unsure why going or not going to <insert name of school here> matters, and why it warrants research and debate here. It simply reeks of desperation. Chen might as well be going to Scumbag College, the actual narrative that is giving him a "role model champion" aura is that he's going to college and still winning, hence being able to awe the jugdes. The ivy league matters only for recognizability.

If his competitors aren't dealt with crap seasons yet again third year in a row (and Uno manages to rotate), this aura will disappear, being replaced with "he can't manage both!!". He got very, very lucky that he was able to build his momentum with practically no one around.

1 hour ago, guitarist said:

Well, given that he said he was impressed by the score he got at Nationals, I think he knew how Nathan was doing. Which interview are you referring to?

Protocols (under Judges Score): http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wc2019/index.htm

Thank you for reminding me about Nationals. That’s a relief and has instantly relieved my concern. I either missed it or forgot it. 

I was so proud of both of his performances especially still skating injured.

And, in the interview where he mentioned needing to add the quad lux, flip and axel I made the wrong assumption. 

Thank you for the Protocols too. 

1 hour ago, hoodie axel said:

Congrats to Karen Chen on being accepted to Cornell! Amazing achievement.

Woooow amazing!! I have so much admiration for all these skaters who are elite while they study at uni.

Shame on Ian. Who does that to anyone, let alone your dance partner of 10 years? I understand Eliana needs time of process everything but at the same time I want her to return to skating and THRIVE to spite Ian.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:49 PM, hoodie axel said:
Yep, they recolored his eyes blue. 

What.  The.  F%#K?!?!!!

I don't know even know how to react.  I guess i am reacting - with utter bewilderment and extreme annoyance... I mean... I'm not normally sensitive to these things but what possible reasoning for doing this could there be that isn't offensive?

eta: it also looks like they  lightened his skin.

eta 2: for comparisonNathan_Chen3.jpg?width=300