6 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

Yuzu is one smart bean, I'm sure he'll not be offended on what Johnny said during US Nats. And with Adam nipping at his heels, Johnny cannot really afford to be less patriotic toward US skaters either. Thus I kinda ignore that comps and its commentary. I'll admit there's some worry that Nate's inflated scores will prevail during Worlds, but should that happen then I'll fully support Yuzu if he decided going pro. ISU doesn't deserve him.

Well, but the showdown is still two months away. At this time I can only counting down the days to Worlds and pray that Yuzu will be fully healthy by then. Watching several performances last weekend really reminded me how much I miss the boy and why. 

Moving this to Team USA because it's getting OT for the GYC now...

Anyway...is that what's happening? Adam is trying to take Johnny's job? :graucho: I guess Ashley is trying to take Tara's job now that she's commentating for Euros as "practice" for bigger events? I guess there's only so many positions for a retired figure skater in commentating eh.

Just now, yuzuangel said:

Moving this to Team USA because it's getting OT for the GYC now...

Anyway...is that what's happening? Adam is trying to take Johnny's job? :graucho: I guess Ashley is trying to take Tara's job now that she's commentating for Euros as "practice" for bigger events? I guess there's only so many positions for a retired figure skater in commentating eh.

The rumor has already started after Pyeongchang and Johnny has responded by being kinda bitchy towards Adam. 

(That's also why I don't put Johnny on a pedestal just because Yuzu adore his skating. Johnny is no saint.)

2 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

The rumor has already started after Pyeongchang and Johnny has responded by being kinda bitchy towards Adam. 

(That's also why I don't put Johnny on a pedestal just because Yuzu adore his skating. Johnny is no saint.)

.....oooh lala

And johnny looks the least like a saint LOL same with plushenko I don't think Yuzu likes them for being angels :angel3-smiley:

Naah... Yuzu has Shizuka and Mura and Nobu and Stephane (I guess) for being his angels.

(Am I being OOT as well for this topic? LOL)

I don't blame Johnny for being him, though. The guy needs to keep his paycheck safe. It is not like he does comments for unbiased media like Olympic Channel. It is NBC, they won't suddenly praise Yuzu to heaven when they have their own strong competitors. And Johnny actually has shown some restraint, especially if you compared him to the likes of Tara.

7 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

Except the 8 quads he did at last year's Worlds? I'd give the guy more credit than that. He is now more experienced than he was then as well.  We just need to wait and see, folks.  

If I recall though, his skate at Worlds was not as smooth as his skate at Nationals last year. It's not about the number of quads anyway, it's about the overall quality of the skate

In any case, overall I see much improvement in Nathan and I'd love to know what sparked the change.

58 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

In any case, overall I see much improvement in Nathan and I'd love to know what sparked the change.

My theory? Less pressure. Media talks about how hard it is to juggle skating/school but I actually think it's helped him relax. Being in university means his attention is split between academics and skating. Also, he's not spending a lot of time with Raf (not as much as he used to before Yale) who has been known to be a bit of a spartan and overambitious coach (iirc he still wants Nathan to do a 4Lo and 4S for the FS).  

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

My theory? Less pressure. Media talks about how hard it is to juggle skating/school but I actually think it's helped him relax. Being in university means his attention is split between academics and skating. Also, he's not spending a lot of time with Raf (not as much as he used to before Yale) who has been known to be a bit of a spartan and overambitious coach (iirc he still wants Nathan to do a 4Lo and 4S for the FS).  

Or maybe it's helped him maximize the use of the training time he has... supposing he has less total time to train available to him, he probably works for maximum efficiency and tried to get the most out of every second he's on the ice.

Team USA assignments for Junior Worlds:

Ladies:

• Ting Cui
  • Hanna Harrell

Men:

• Tomoki Hiwatashi
  • Alexei Krasnozhon
  • Camden Pulkinen

Pairs:

• Sarah Fent/TJ Nyman
  • Kate Finster/Balazs Nagy
  • Laiken Lockley/Keenan Prochnow

Ice Dance:

• Caroline Green/Gordon Green
  • Eliana Gropman/Ian Somerville
  • Avonley Nguyen/Vadym Kolesnik

source: https://www.usfsa.org/story?id=92138&type=media 

17 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol, Jason speaking japanese!

Posted on my birthday...means the year will bring me good things, I'm sure! :) 

Anyway, Jason's just like a great big Golden Retriever puppy, and especially so when he tries out his Japanese. And does anyone else ever wonder who's on the other side of camera? For all we know it could be a cryptid...we have no way of knowing at all. :D