9 minutes ago, Fay said:

That's a great read, thanks for bringing it over. I almost wish there was more because some of the bits are really interesting, the training ones.

This part:

Working with Orser and associate coaches Lee Barkell and Karen Preston to change his jump technique is a lot tougher, but will hopefully pay dividends. The team isn't just tweaking Brown's triple Axel or quadruple toe loop; they are, in his words, "picking apart everything."

"We're taking the time because we're looking at it as a four-year thing," Brown said. "I don't want to say I don't care about this year, but I want to peak in four years. I want to start from the ground up, and I told them that. If I was going to make the change, I'm going to make the change. I wasn't going to have one foot in, one foot out."

Jumps are his biggest issues, as otherwise he is such a lovely skater. But even last season, though previously it had gotten better, even his 3A went poof on him. 

Looking at Zu media day footage, you could actually spot Jason zooming around and there was definitely a 4S try there. Underrotated and fall but he tried.

Now this is curious as of course previously it was the 4T and he didn't really like the Sal. So at least in some ways, it may be indication he is mentally in a much better place where he is willing to give the jumps a go even if they are still not ready. But it's ok to do so. 
Fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, Fay said:

What I read actually lets me have a hunch about the stuff they make Zhenya do as well. And Javi. And everyone else.

Oh yes, this is pretty much how that goes, but especially Zhenya I think would be in a similar place like Jason's.

Though if Jason is dying from Tracy's skating skills class .... :68468287:

Considering that they're all adults now, and been around for a while, I have no doubt at all he's even underplaying a little bit about how hard these sessions can be mentally. 

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Oh yes, this is pretty much how that goes, but especially Zhenya I think would be in a similar place like Jason's.

Though if Jason is dying from Tracy's skating skills class .... :68468287:

Considering that they're all adults now, and been around for a while, I have no doubt at all he's even underplaying a little bit about how hard these sessions can be mentally. 

Zhenya said she cried when her first training session with Tracy was over. She realised how much she’d been missing out on.