Until the day the Jinx and curses surrounding Yuzu BREAKS!!!

5 hours ago, Sammie said:

He got the shiniest priceless medal of them all  :9:

5 hours ago, Bilge said:

Let's give them a red plastic star as the worst idea award

Actually Im not sure Yuzu would wnt a blue star from IDF lol. He will be like Ive had enough of plastic toys frm france. 

As for having 3 silver glass medals from sk Canada MAYBE hes not so keen on a "glass" gold medal lol...

What do the Coc and sk America medals look like?? 

15 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

International de France or TEB

Skate Canada

Cup of China

Skate America

4CC

He doesnt have Gold medals in the above events. And he got 3 silvers for both 4CC and Skate Canada!!

Started this thread as a RECORD KEEPER until Yuzu gets gold in the above events before he retires

:pouty:

How many times has he competed in these competitions? I know he got 3 silvers at Skate Canada and 3 Silvers in 4CC. I don't want him back in Cup of China. That crash will forever haunt my dreams. Better that he never return there.

2 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

How many times has he competed in these competitions? I know he got 3 silvers at Skate Canada and 3 Silvers in 4CC. I don't want him back in Cup of China. That crash will forever haunt my dreams. Better that he never return there.

Oh yes. But he did do 2015 worlds in Shanghai. 

I think he got silver in most of them and competed there only once

Doesnt mao hold the record for winning gold at all GP events? Kind of wanted yuzu to do the same haha 

15 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

I just realized next season's GPF is in Canada. 

Yuzu should play it safe and try to choose Skate Canada as his first GP, just to get the Candian Silver and First GP Silver out of the way. This time SA won't want him because of Nathan and China won't want him because of Boyang, but SC won't have a top contender after Patrick's retirement, so they should be fine with taking him in. If Yuzu does NHK again, his other most logical choices are SC and TdF. Well, unless Shoma picks SC first.

What about RoC??

• 1 month later...

Yuzu's in good position as far as his GP  assignments go, since he didn't participate in the WC this year and only skated one GP event last season, which, as far as I can tell, means that he can go to any of the GP events since the assignments keep top skaters from the previous season from facing each other.  As for Skate America not wanting him to compete because they want to protect Nathan, I doubt that would be their attitude.  In fact, they probably would want him there since a Yuzu/Nathan duel would guarantee a sold-out house.  The same would go for any other competitions, even China.  When thinking of where Yuzu might go we should remember that there is one thing that trumps the instinct by various competitions who might be tempted to keep Yuzu out in order to protect the local stars and that is money.  Yuzu's presence in any competition means there won't be an empty seat in the arena for the individual men's event.  Don't forget that Yuzu is the biggest box-office draw in figure-skating right now and event organizers love it when they have a sold-out house because that means money, and no matter what the sport, money always has its say.

Yuzu has a surprisingly poor record (for him) in the Grand Prix.  I just realized recently that he's only ever won NHK, Rostelecom (only once), and then, of course the final 4 times.  I'm hoping one of his goals for his career is to win all the competitions that he's never won - that means minimum of 2 more seasons.  I'm guessing that he mainly just sees these as a way to fine tune his programs and make the final though 

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Yuzu has a surprisingly poor record (for him) in the Grand Prix.  I just realized recently that he's only ever won NHK, Rostelecom (only once), and then, of course the final 4 times.  I'm hoping one of his goals for his career is to win all the competitions that he's never won - that means minimum of 2 more seasons.  I'm guessing that he mainly just sees these as a way to fine tune his programs and make the final though 

I think he'll prefer a couple of GPF golds over golds on any GP events. :peek:

Edit: now that pchan has retired, it's possible the SC curse has ended??

On 15.05.2018 at 5:20 PM, Tsubakindy said:

New satellite de-lurking here :peek:

It is quite strange that Yuzu claimed his only motivation now is 4Axel? If I were him I wouldnt retire before I get that 4CC gold, just so he could get that "grand slam" title 😂

I didn't know there is a figure skating grand slam idk why i didn't wondered that before:1:

but also its hard to believe he didn't get a 4CC gold so i automatically thought he has all the titles out there

14 hours ago, Bilge said:

I didn't know there is a figure skating grand slam idk why i didn't wondered that before:1:

Figure skating grand slam, for example like Yuna Kim who has won every major competition lol ( 4CC, GPF ,Worlds, Olmpics ) I also wonder why 4Cc silver curse on Yuzu is so hard to break, I mean his fellow Japanese skaters seemed to have good lucks on 4CC:2:

Sorry Yuzu, I still laugh whenever the Italian uncles refer u as "the man, the legend, who has won everything except the four continents" :4: