Yuzuru and Shoma rivalry

I don't know much about the fan feud since I'm not Japanese, and amongst the international fans there's nothing that would go beyond "my favorite your favorite" squabbles, but I don't think currently Yuzu has a single "greatest rival". In the last quad, Yuzu was beaten by Patrick, Nathan, and, most importantly, by Javier. In fact, his greatest rival, objectively speaking, was Javier. (Well, probably more if you factor in just fs or sp, especially in the 2014/15 season, or just TES) Now, Shoma is closest to Yuzu score-wise but, well, Nathan is the one who managed to  beat him, and a clean Boyang is a force to be reckoned with so I think it will be "Yuzu vs. Other Quadsters" and not "Yuzu vs. One Other Person".

As it was pointed out in the Yuzu vs. Patrick thread, the field now is very different from the last quad. Back then it could be argued that there was "Patrick vs. Yuzu rivarly" but it spanned only 1 season. Less even. The following season Patrick was absent, Javier entranched himself as a major force, heck, Denis Ten was in the game, winning 4CCs, having the highest score of the season, beating Yuzu in FS at worlds.  Then Shoma, Boyang, Nathan entered seniors and I think they're more of rivals to one other, with Yuzu in the position of the one to chase. It's impossible to predict at this point who of the three will emerge as the best one, or perhaps Vincent or Dimitri or Junhwan or (I'm really reaching here, lol)  Daniel will rise as they did. (I'm not really seeing any juniors at the moment who could be a podium threat in the next quad considering how strong the senior field is right now. Gogolev will be senior-eligible in 2 years though, and as we saw this quad, 2 years is perfectly enough to become a top Oly player although Gogolev will have the disadvabtage of an unusually young age so maybe not. Edit: well, Artur Danielian is great for a 14-yo, if he learns quads, he could aim for the top) Perhaps none of them will dominate others and it will remain a multi-name race for the next quad. So, no one parti9cular rival for Yuzu, at least not in my crystal ball!

(Not to mention that with chasing the 4A, Yuzu's propensity to injury and the entirely new scoring system, Yuzu might find himself in the position of the one striving for the top again, not just defending the top.)