Yuzuru's chance of competing until 2022 Beijing Olympics

23 hours ago, fyere0 said:

With every bit of news coming from Lakernik et al, I want Yuzu to have a full and fulfilling 2019-2020, then gtfo as fast as he can. Best wishes to all skaters younger than him, especially the novices and juniors coming up, because right now this sport is like a car careening towards a cliff with a brick duct-taped to the accelerator. As a selfish fan, I don't want Yuzu to have any part of the mess the remainder of this quadrennial is shaping up to be.

The rules change whenever someone dominates for too long or too much. Usually it's small things like getting rid of backloading bonuses (i.e. Zagitova) or getting rid of spiral sequences or changing rescaling BVs. But then Yuzu came along and completely destroyed the scoring system and now it's in the sad state that it's in with huge ranges in GOE from -5 to +5 given for the same element and unchecked judges and increasing corruption but that's not been enough to stop him so they gotta blow it into pieces further until figure skating is no longer a sport and they will finally win...right? Right? *crickets*

:smiley-laughing021:

17 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

The rules change whenever someone dominates for too long or too much. Usually it's small things like getting rid of backloading bonuses (i.e. Zagitova) or getting rid of spiral sequences or changing rescaling BVs. But then Yuzu came along and completely destroyed the scoring system and now it's in the sad state that it's in with huge ranges in GOE from -5 to +5 given for the same element and unchecked judges and increasing corruption but that's not been enough to stop him so they gotta blow it into pieces further until figure skating is no longer a sport and they will finally win...right? Right? *crickets*

You can only stop Yuzuru Hanyu from skating, if you heat up all ice rinks in the Milky Way and turn them into swimming pools.

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

You can only stop Yuzuru Hanyu from skating, if you heat up all ice rinks in the Milky Way and turn them into swimming pools.

Me, some time after the last ice in the Milky Way has melted, clutching my collection of Yuzu modeling swim goggles clearfiles: Nothing but respect for MY two-time Olympic Summer Games Gold Medalist in the 100m and 200m backstroke!! See y'all at the parade and Continues With Swims!!!

20 часов назад, yuzuangel сказал:

More medals, more corruption... I don't see any logic behind the wanted changes, anyway strong skaters will come from countries with strong skating schools like now. I just pity nowadays juniors who are raised by current rules. But in any case we won't see the changes in Beijing only after.

• 7 months later...

I cant believe here we are going into the third season post PC. Sometimes my eyes watered at the thought of being able to witness his journey. How many fans are able to go through this many full seasons with their favorite skaters? I know his road has always been difficult and we cant say for sure he will make it to Beijing but just knowing he decides to continue makes me feel so grateful and excited. 

On 8/28/2019 at 9:38 PM, fyere0 said:

Me, some time after the last ice in the Milky Way has melted, clutching my collection of Yuzu modeling swim goggles clearfiles: Nothing but respect for MY two-time Olympic Summer Games Gold Medalist in the 100m and 200m backstroke!! See y'all at the parade and Continues With Swims!!!

If he had the technique down, his dives and turns would be excellent and they account for a lot. 

On 8/28/2019 at 9:38 AM, fyere0 said:

2 hours ago, memae said:

If he had the technique down, his dives and turns would be excellent and they account for a lot. 

This made me laugh an unreasonable amount...love it! 

Although I suspect that if Yuzu went to the Summer Olympics as a competitor, his sport would be baseball. Boy loves to pitch,  as poor Mr. Koala can attest

5 hours ago, memae said:

I mean he can seriously jump so I bet he could get some crazy distance off walls with that leg strength.

And no doubt his streamlining would be AMAZING! But I think he's said in an interview that he can't swim...:xD:

On 4/6/2020 at 3:49 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

And no doubt his streamlining would be AMAZING! But I think he's said in an interview that he can't swim...:xD:

I am sure he was advised not to swim in a chlorine-rich water, very bad for his asthma.

I am not sure he's had a great many occasions to really try swimming in better water.

He is said to be too dense to float? But even if it is true, what about sea water? Floating in is easy, though one must get the habit with the eyes before enjoying it.

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I am sure he was advised not to swim in a chlorine-rich water, very bad for his asthma.

I am not sure he's had a great many occasions to really try swimming in better water.

He is said to be too dense to float? But even if it is true, what about sea water? Floating in is easy, though one must get the habit with the eyes before enjoying it

It's simpler than that - when other kids were learning to swim, he was practicing skating. I forget which interview it was where he said that, but it's out there. 

Well he has great coordination, stamina ,  flexibility, strong abs, back and legs, great range of motion in shoulders and hips and the heart of a champion! However, in swimming, we couldn’t see his latest hairstyle nor his fiery eyes behind the goggles which would be a shame.

i’m not Even going to mention the effect on fanyus when they see the swimming gear/aka speedos💦🥵

4 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Well he has great coordination, stamina ,  flexibility, strong abs, back and legs, great range of motion in shoulders and hips and the heart of a champion! However, in swimming, we couldn’t see his latest hairstyle nor his fiery eyes behind the goggles which would be a shame.

i’m not Even going to mention the effect on fanyus when they see the swimming gear/aka speedos💦🥵

Well, for the sake of peace in the world, he ought not to swim publicly. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...