Yuzuru's chance of competing until 2022 Beijing Olympics

lol. Moria is right to be honest :biggrin:

I'll put it like Brian said (about 4A). It's doable. But of course it depends on a variety of factors, many of which aren't in Yuzu's hands. He sadly can't prevent things like injuries. If he stays more or less healthy and is still on top in 2021/22, I feel like he'd definitely want to go for that 3rd gold. But otoh, he set himself the goal of 4A which we all know just how dangerous it can be...

I personally just hope he gets to skate for himself from this point onward. I hope he doesn't care too much about what JSF and fans want from him and just does his thing, be it 4A or whatever else he wants to challenge, I'll be happy as long as we can still see him skate either in competitions or in ice shows <3

Yuzu hasn't even healed properly yet, so it's pretty pointless to discuss things that may or may not occur in 3-4 years time. I think he should first get back to competing, and if he is still in good form in 2021/2022 then he should go for it. There are too many unpredictable factors to say right now though.

To me, he already is and omg 3 ogm would be amazing!!! but to some idk it could still stay questionable

On 3/20/2018 at 7:00 AM, cinemacoconut said:

If Yuzu gets 3 OGM consecutively would he be called as the greatest figure skater of all time Officially by everyone? Lol. Some people still disagree with him being the GOAT (mostly antis)

:offtopic2: where is your signiture gif from, vid link pls?

On 3/20/2018 at 10:27 AM, tafattsbarn said:

Yuzu hasn't even healed properly yet, so it's pretty pointless to discuss things that may or may not occur in 3-4 years time. I think he should first get back to competing, and if he is still in good form in 2021/2022 then he should go for it. There are too many unpredictable factors to say right now though.

• 10 months later...
29 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I just want him to be heallthy and to enjoy good health in retirement.  

This is how I feel too - I'd hate Yuzuru to be repeatedly injured and be forced into retirement because of this - I think his R ankle is now always going to be so vulnerable.  He really just needs to land this 4A then I think he might be making some choices about his future (professional?) career, and we will maybe see lots more Continues~with~Wings :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp: and Yuzu travelling round the world with Javi in ROI maybe??!! (dream dream!) :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

I want him to skate forever and ever - and he loves skating so much I think HE will want to skate as long as possible (look at Kurt Browning in ROI and now SOI, so excellent at 50!!) .......... and he needs to look after himself to do so.  All these years of quads and injuries will have taken their toll already .  Yuzu we NEED you to be healthy so we can see your creative, artistic, musical genius develop even further in the years ahead !!!!

He has the 2 OGMs that he has dreamed about since childhood - he can follow other dreams; the world really is his oyster :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: 

(But in the end, Yuzu will do whatever he wants and if it's a 3rd OGM, I'll be there supporting him! :cheer:)

These last two seasons have been eye-openers for Yuzu.  Judging by his use of crutches in the medal ceremony in Moscow last year I think he's finally realized that injuries have consequences, potentially career-ending consequences.  Had he not made a public proclamation of his determination to master the 4A he might be deciding that a 4A is not worth the rest of his competitive career or even his skating in toto.  Leaving the issue of the 4A aside my feeling is that much will depend on how well he is doing in competition.  If he's been collecting golds right and left despite the best efforts of the other elites he might figure it's worth it to keep himself going through the 21/22 season.  What's fascinating is the potential for TCC to have a medal sweep in Beijing, with Yuzu, Jun and Stephen Gogolev (who if he continues to improve the way he has from last season to this will be most definitely a medal contender) filling the podium.  Just who gets which medal they'll sort out there.

• 3 months later...

Time flies... today marks the 1000th day to count down to the start of Beijing Olympics 2022.  Was just reminded of this when visiting the museum at Lausanne!

Probably no one can tell what will happen in the future.  But I’d like to think that the Overlord would have his plans A, B, C... handy and flexible enough to do whatever suits him the best at the time.  Whatever he chooses to do, he will excel in them... compete or not... and i bet he wont be making zero plans on this now if he had not ruled it out totally... 

:peekapooh:

Honestly, I think he cares more about the 4A than going to Beijing/medalling at Beijing. He's already got 2 Olympic gold medals. It's great, but it's not exactly legendary. He's not the only skater in history to have done that and in other sports there are lots of athletes with multiple gold medals. Landing a 4A in competition, however, will be figure skating's equivalent to breaking the 10s barrier. It will be a historical moment for the sport. I think that's what he's after. Of course, if he does land it, then he's going to be all the more capable of succeeding at Beijing. 

I think he could get to Beijing. His biggest competition, currently, is Nathan Chen  - someone who can't take an Olympic spot away from Yuzu because they compete for different countries. But getting a medal also depends on injuries and how well everyone else does, and he can't control either of those. I hope he does what Leisel Jones (a swimmer) did at her last Olympics. She already had multiple golds and world records, so she went and was more relaxed than ever and able to enjoy the other parts of her Olympic experience. The world's best athletes are plonked into Olympic Village for what is not only the highest level of competition for all their sports but a giant celebration of elite sport and the coming together of people from around the world.  His skating is especially beautiful when he's relaxed. He'd probably do even better than normal just because he isn't trying to.