draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

5 hours ago, ninjaMD said:

Unfortunately that's the reality for Japan tickets according to some other people. Even for concerts or in-demand sports, they think we should face the reality that tickets are often resold for profit. And their government is honestly trying to stamp this rampant re-selling. We will probably see what will happen in March if ID checks are really done.

It's a problem in most countries for big ticket items, I think - the major AFL and rugby league finals here have to work every year on stamping on scalping for the major games, and I don't think any of them ever solve it. Supply and hugely-over-the-top-demand....

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

It's a problem in most countries for big ticket items, I think - the major AFL and rugby league finals here have to work every year on stamping on scalping for the major games, and I don't think any of them ever solve it. Supply and hugely-over-the-top-demand....

True. Sadly, foreign fans should also be given a sporting chance rather than just one lottery. Last time I heard this was 'world championship' and not nationals.

so discouraging...saw some tickets going for 6000 dollars...one day tickets !! and others for 1500-2500 dollars

4 hours ago, Dreamer said:

so discouraging...saw some tickets going for 6000 dollars...one day tickets !! and others for 1500-2500 dollars

ikr? i saw the price more pricey in twitter. Even my friend dare to sell her tickets at higher price. but she says her price better than website. sigh i felt that it's not fair if it's too expensive..

4 hours ago, Momoni said:

ikr? i saw the price more pricey in twitter. Even my friend dare to sell her tickets at higher price. but she says her price better than website. sigh i felt that it's not fair if it's too expensive..

Haha, if those are not sold yet I may be interested even for a profit.

10 hours ago, MDIslander said:

Just an FYI!

For those asking if Viagogo is risky - here's a BBC news article about the Court Order from back in Nov 2018.

Viagogo ordered to clean up ticket sales https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46359056

Thanks! Really informative and I guess it’s really not worth the risk unless one has thousands of spare cash lying around. Makes me even more frustrated about the whole ticket business

10 часов назад, MDIslander сказал:

Just an FYI!

For those asking if Viagogo is risky - here's a BBC news article about the Court Order from back in Nov 2018.

Viagogo ordered to clean up ticket sales https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46359056

Thank you! I was really nervous bcsI bought ticket here

Well I booked vacation in Mar and April on the off chance that somehow I may get some tickets.  I plan to be in Japan in Tokyo at that time so I'll just hope.

6 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Well I booked vacation in Mar and April on the off chance that somehow I may get some tickets.  I plan to be in Japan in Tokyo at that time so I'll just hope.

Same! If I can't get tickets I'll just cry while watching it on TV enjoy my vacation. :xD:

I just used ticket.st for buying a couple of tickets for me and friends :13877886:

I used my Japanese friend's name, phone and address for registration info (though apartment holder was OK with using his address for receiving a letter), but payed from my credit card and it worked (though for payment page I needed to use Japanese VPN).

7 hours ago, Lunna said:

I just used ticket.st for buying a couple of tickets for me and friends :13877886:

I used my Japanese friend's name, phone and address for registration info (though apartment holder was OK with using his address for receiving a letter), but payed from my credit card and it worked (though for payment page I needed to use Japanese VPN).

I really want to get a men’s SP ticket but I still wonder if if random checks might happen. Time to play dumb foreigner. As long as they can’t prove that the ticket has been resold for profit, that should be fine.

5 часов назад, ninjaMD сказал:

Time to play dumb foreigner

That's what I'm going to do in case of problems :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: