draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

I have now purchased a 5 day pass via ticket.co.jp through a friend. Will be able to let you guys know if it's legit closer to the date. If anyone wants a ticket B category 20th March I have one spare paper ticket now, sigh ^^' - selling for face value.

1 hour ago, Cleaf said:

I have now purchased a 5 day pass via ticket.co.jp through a friend. Will be able to let you guys know if it's legit closer to the date. If anyone wants a ticket B category 20th March I have one spare paper ticket now, sigh ^^' - selling for face value.

The service fee must be insane?!?

Never in my life had I had to battle for tickets and now it's not even just watching Yuzuru, it's about getting the darned tickets. Anyone tried Viagogo or Stubhub? What are the chances of the tickets being legit?

6 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

Never in my life had I had to battle for tickets and now it's not even just watching Yuzuru, it's about getting the darned tickets. Anyone tried Viagogo or Stubhub? What are the chances of the tickets being legit?

Viagogo is notoriously risky. Especially if you're travelling to an international competition, I don't think it's worth it. 

I saw on Twitter that there are 3000+ tickets being resold and that at this rate 1 in 30 to 1 in 50 attendees will be a person who had to buy a resale ticket. o_o 

2 hours ago, ninjaMD said:

The service fee must be insane?!?

Not at all actually. It was 3.24%.

The ticket itself was rather pricey though :/
I chose that site because after researching I found ticket.co.jp to be the most trustworthy. 
I wouldn't go with Viagogo or any international second hand ticket sites.

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Viagogo is notoriously risky. Especially if you're travelling to an international competition, I don't think it's worth it. 

I saw on Twitter that there are 3000+ tickets being resold and that at this rate 1 in 30 to 1 in 50 attendees will be a person who had to buy a resale ticket. o_o 

Huh? Howd that happen? So difficult to get tickets and yet so many were put up for resale? 

38 minutes ago, katonice said:

Huh? Howd that happen? So difficult to get tickets and yet so many were put up for resale? 

People say bots. :/ I don’t know if anything can be proved. I saw someone rallying people to email Lawson demanding that all future sales be lottery only to prevent that sort of thing but with the SMS verification that’d be the end of things for foreign fans, so... :/ 

I dont understand what is happening now. I really love Japan and japanese people、 but they say only with their mouth they want to stop resale market for tickets、and "black " tickets、but gave us、 for foreiners only one chance to buy ticket. And the same time we can see lots of over priced ticket on the secondary market 😞

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

People say bots. :/ I don’t know if anything can be proved. I saw someone rallying people to email Lawson demanding that all future sales be lottery only to prevent that sort of thing but with the SMS verification that’d be the end of things for foreign fans, so... :/ 

Yeah I can believe it about the bots. Sigh. Scalping is really a big thing in Japan isn't it? Made their whole ticketing system so convoluted as well in response. 

2 часа назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

I saw someone rallying people to email Lawson demanding that all future sales be lottery only to prevent that sort of thing

But what's the point? I don't know how it's done in Japan, can a person have several phone numbers? (here it's not a problem) There were tickets on resale sites after first lottery rounds.

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

But what's the point? I don't know how it's done in Japan, can a person have several phone numbers? (here it's not a problem) There were tickets on resale sites after first lottery rounds.

Bots try hundreds of thousands of times to get tickets in each general sale so it’s a much bigger problem than just one person applying for a few extra tickets to sell. 

I suppose the only way around it is to make all tickets smartphone tickets and only allow selling back to the organiser to be redistributed (they already have this option.)

RIP foreigners’ chances again.

24 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Bots try hundreds of thousands of times to get tickets in each general sale so it’s a much bigger problem than just one person applying for a few extra tickets to sell. 

I suppose the only way around it is to make all tickets smartphone tickets and only allow selling back to the organiser to be redistributed (they already have this option.)

RIP foreigners’ chances again.

And they clog up the traffic on the ticketing websites too. You want to be angry at them but at the same time you realise it's just futile

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

Ig there are just that many people who put the time and effort into this. I wouldn't be surprised of there are hordes of people who just hold accounts on ticket websites to capitalize on opportunities like this 😣

31 минуту назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

1 минуту назад, katonice сказал:

Ig there are just that many people who put the time and effort into this. I wouldn't be surprised of there are hordes of people who just hold accounts on ticket websites to capitalize on opportunities like this 😣

I also read that resellers can have other persons applying for lotteries - it's like business. The only way to get rid of them is to check IDs (I've read somewhere they did it for AKB concert) and official resale platform with face value (but RIP foreign sales then).

Don't know if there's any good way out.

24 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I also read that resellers can have other persons applying for lotteries - it's like business. The only way to get rid of them is to check IDs (I've read somewhere they did it for AKB concert) and official resale platform with face value (but RIP foreign sales then).

Don't know if there's any good way out.

And it's a very low risk proposition for them. At the very least they can get their money back. And at best they get to double/triple/quadruple the money they put in easily. Ig for some it's a no-brainer business proposition 😩😡

2 hours ago, katonice said:

And it's a very low risk proposition for them. At the very least they can get their money back. And at best they get to double/triple/quadruple the money they put in easily. Ig for some it's a no-brainer business proposition 😩😡

Unfortunately that's the reality for Japan tickets according to some other people. Even for concerts or in-demand sports, they think we should face the reality that tickets are often resold for profit. And their government is honestly trying to stamp this rampant re-selling. We will probably see what will happen in March if ID checks are really done.