draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

13 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Did you try JTB as well? Yeah, Australian internet sucks :/ We've had the NBN for many years now but it's still not that fast tbh. The internet at unis is the fastest imo.

That’s the one! They had a bit of trouble getting my results, though, and I had to wait weeks past the date they came out, only to hear “sorry, you didn’t win.”:13877886:

The other thing is that travel agents don’t seem to work weekends and that’s when results come out so you’ll at least have to wait until the following Monday which is a bit of a bummer if people start offering to sell their tickets before then.

49 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

That’s the one! They had a bit of trouble getting my results, though, and I had to wait weeks past the date they came out, only to hear “sorry, you didn’t win.”:13877886:

The other thing is that travel agents don’t seem to work weekends and that’s when results come out so you’ll at least have to wait until the following Monday which is a bit of a bummer if people start offering to sell their tickets before then.

Aw man :( I'm not looking forward to getting tickets at all. I'll still try but I'm going to keep IdF and 4CC as fall-backs :shrug:

1 minute ago, dotsquare said:

Aw man :( I'm not looking forward to getting tickets at all. I'll still try but I'm going to keep IdF and 4CC as fall-backs :shrug:

Go in like your life depends on it but, yeah, be realistic and have a plan B, C, D even. :biggrin: I regret so much not going to CoR or ACI, not that either was even possible for me.

4 hours ago, crazykuroneko said:

hi, i have never gone to japan before nor attended any competitions so World 2019 is going to be my first ever (if everything goes well)

i'm planning to buy daily tickets (not all-day ticket) and don't live in Japan.

sorry if the question is mundane, but which way has higher chance for me to get tickets? does the dedicated tickets for foreigners (via here) work like lotteries too?

is there a way to get jpn phone number if we want to go with Pia or Lawson ticketing?

For the Japan events, it's usually best to try all available means to get a ticket. I haven't been to Worlds in Japan yet, but for other comps I've been to, they usually sell all-event tickets first before the individual tickets. 

When I tried for the GPF in Japan last year, I tried during the sale period for foreigners (no luck) and joined 2 rounds of lottery as well. I would've tried for the first come first serve race that came later on too for the leftover tickets, but then by that time Yuzu had already WD from NHK, so decided not to go for it. 

So it's really a matter of trying all the ways to get a ticket as possible (and even then it was very difficult). 

ETA: And oh for the Japan phone number, I think @SparkleSalad researched this thoroughly last year and found they normally require a non-prepaid/non-temporary phone number, i.e., a long term phone subscription plan. So it wasn't viable to just buy a sim. It's possible to join the lottery however even without a Japanese phone. Can't remember now though if it's with Pia or Lawson. 

58 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Lottery is with Lawson because they accept foreign credit cards. :) 

will foreign debit card work too? I have Visa.

so, as far as i understand now, it will be like this?

all-day lottery tickets -> overseas ticket -> lottery individual days -> general (leftover) tickets

9 minutes ago, crazykuroneko said:

will foreign debit card work too? I have Visa.

so, as far as i understand now, it will be like this?

all-day lottery tickets -> overseas ticket -> lottery individual days -> general (leftover) tickets

I think so? It will at least let you enter the card details. I have a visa debit as well. I used the same Lawson ticketing system to buy Ghibli Museum tickets and it worked, iirc.

I think it’s more likely to be:

overseas tickets (hopefully split into all event and single day sales) -> lottery all event -> lottery single days -> extra lottery rounds -> leftover ticket sale -> practice tickets sale.

Really there’s not much point speculating because it may all go a different way so this is just based on  NHK/GPF last year and the Worlds 2014 website. :)

12 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think so? It will at least let you enter the card details. I have a visa debit as well. I used the same Lawson ticketing system to buy Ghibli Museum tickets and it worked, iirc.

I think it’s more likely to be:

overseas tickets (hopefully split into all event and single day sales) -> lottery all event -> lottery single days -> extra lottery rounds -> leftover ticket sale -> practice tickets sale.

Really there’s not much point speculating because it may all go a different way so this is just based on  NHK/GPF last year and the Worlds 2014 website. :)

I had the worst time getting Ghibli tickets off Lawson for my Japan trip last year so I'm praying for you all seriously Japan, get your act together :facepalm:

4 hours ago, dotsquare said:

I had the worst time getting Ghibli tickets off Lawson for my Japan trip last year so I'm praying for you all seriously Japan, get your act together :facepalm:

I couldn't believe how difficult it was! It took me an hour of clicking and refreshing to get the time I wanted. Anyway, if you've been through that, you'll at least be prepared for the Japanese general sales because they're identical right down to the jigsaw puzzle you have to do with shaking hands to get to the ticket selection screen. :facepalm: So cruel.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

If anyone would like to practice for the Japanese general sales, tickets for FaOI Kanazawa go on sale at 10am JST tomorrow, Saturday 7th April, so you could do some image training with that. :) (Of course not continuing through to payment.)

http://l-tike.com/sports/mevent/?mid=336632

I might just go and practice with this... Test out my clicking skills and computer systems, internet speed and all 😅

17 minutes ago, katonice said:

I might just go and practice with this... Test out my clicking skills and computer systems, internet speed and all 😅

There will be 3 more sales after that so lots of chances to practice. :)

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

If anyone would like to practice for the Japanese general sales, tickets for FaOI Kanazawa go on sale at 10am JST tomorrow, Saturday 7th April, so you could do some image training with that. :) (Of course not continuing through to payment.)

http://l-tike.com/sports/mevent/?mid=336632

It's a good idea, thank you! ;)

I'm seriously considering coming up with a master plan to go to Japan through a voluntary work project that would get me food and shelter (WWOOF) and would only need for me to pay the plane ticket.... stay there for a month or so... and then apply as volunteer for Saitama Worlds... and somehow do both without dying. It would be my dream trip of a lifetime.

Well, up until then, I'll work hard to raise my overall Japanese level. I have zero chance for tickets but I'd like to somehow continue my tradition of going to Worlds.