draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I cant remember exactly how it was for NHK but I’m sure if you understood English and had an address or phone number to use it would be possible. Even if it’s geo-blocked you’d just need a VPN, though that would slow you down. 

That being said, it really is easier to enter the lotteries. Unless you have dumb luck like I did or incredibly fast internet you won’t stand a chance. Tickets sell out in one second, literally. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Potentially dumb question, but how do the lotteries work? Do you just apply within the designated period and hope for the best? I'm assuming you only pay if you win. I wonder what the odds are for winning a ticket...:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

46 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Don’t worry, they have a whole separate ticket ordering system in English. :) As for gala, I’m only going by the info from 2014 Worlds in Japan so it might not be that way again. Fingers crossed it isn’t!

If you want to see how few tickets are reserved for foreigners, though, just take a look at the audience at 2014 WORLDS or 2017 GPF. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: 

:thanks:

I think I’m just gonna go with ”lalalalalala it’s going to be fine” and have contingencies for ACI/IdF or something (breaking my self-imposed ’Murica ban?). 

34 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Potentially dumb question, but how do the lotteries work? Do you just apply within the designated period and hope for the best? I'm assuming you only pay if you win. I wonder what the odds are for winning a ticket...:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Yup, they have an application window and then after a few weeks, I think, they notify you. Depending on the type of payment method they choose - and for us that will be credit card - they will either request that you accept and pay for your tickets by a certain date, I think, or automatically deduct the payment from your card. There may be multiple rounds of lotteries - as many as 3, I think - and any leftover seats will then be released for general sale which is a "who clicks fastest wins" death match like the foreign sale. 

4 minutes ago, cirelle said:

:thanks:

I think I’m just gonna go with ”lalalalalala it’s going to be fine” and have contingencies for ACI/IdF or something (breaking my self-imposed ’Murica ban?). 

I know Worlds will be amazing but I really would encourage you to see him outside of Japan if you can because it really is very hard for foreigners, especially now with the mobile phone tickets and official resale ticket lotteries only being available to Japanese residents. (I have a similar self-imposed ban but maybe he's worth breaking it for, though I think he's more likely to go to Canada.)

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I know Worlds will be amazing but I really would encourage you to see him outside of Japan if you can because it really is very hard for foreigners, especially now with the mobile phone tickets and official resale ticket lotteries only being available to Japanese residents. (I have a similar self-imposed ban but maybe he's worth breaking it for, though I think he's more likely to go to Canada.)

All the others are problematic too, who knows if Yuzu will be ready by ACI (not even him right now I think), IdF is just a rumor and 4CC is in Murca. :shrug: And going to Japan would be SO. COOL. But yeah. It’s just too early to know. 

do the lotteries limit you to one ticket per entry? also, i'm assuming it'll be just as hellish trying to get tickets for WTT, too... :13877886:

6 hours ago, valkyrie said:

do the lotteries limit you to one ticket per entry? also, i'm assuming it'll be just as hellish trying to get tickets for WTT, too... :13877886:

You can apply for two tickets per day of competition and two tickets for all event. Then you will be asked your seat section preference and rank them from 1-3. 

I think WTT might be a bit worse because it will be in a smaller venue and I'm not sure if they'll have a foreign sale at all for it. Checked and there was a foreign sale last time but again, no all-event passes for foreigners. Not even GPF let foreigners buy all event passes. 

ETA I'm not sure they had all-event passes for WTT for even Japanese fans.

I already can't wait for some ticket info (though the April only began :13877886:)

Hell or no I'm still going to try to give it my best short (foreign tickets sales, lotteries, maybe even travel agencies) cuz I also want to go to Japan in spring and know some other crazy fellow fans which also will try to go (and without whom my time in Milan wouldn't be so fun). And it's the first time I'm mentally prepared to pay for all-event for Worlds...

The only other chance for me to see Yuzu will be CoR or Idf (NA too hard in terms of visas, flights and I haven't any tourist interest in there) .

Good luck to everyone but please, I beg you, have a back-up competition to attend. :snonegai:

I entered NHK and GPF lotteries myself and through multiple travel agencies and nothing came of it. I had 3 devices set up to buy tickets in the general sale and my family trying as well and only managed one SP ticket to NHK through dumb luck. Had I not found someone selling a gala ticket I wouldn't have been able to justify going all the way to Japan for only one day of competition (though I wish I'd not been lucky at all. :13877886:) The GPF ticket site just returned errors for me and I never got a chance to try to buy tickets.

Pain and suffering awaits. It might be worth it in the end but it will be war. :13877886: 

hi, i have never gone to japan before nor attended any competitions so World 2019 is going to be my first ever (if everything goes well)

i'm planning to buy daily tickets (not all-day ticket) and don't live in Japan.

sorry if the question is mundane, but which way has higher chance for me to get tickets? does the dedicated tickets for foreigners (via here) work like lotteries too?

is there a way to get jpn phone number if we want to go with Pia or Lawson ticketing?

3 hours ago, Lunna said:

I already can't wait for some ticket info (though the April only began :13877886:)

Hell or no I'm still going to try to give it my best short (foreign tickets sales, lotteries, maybe even travel agencies) cuz I also want to go to Japan in spring and know some other crazy fellow fans which also will try to go (and without whom my time in Milan wouldn't be so fun). And it's the first time I'm mentally prepared to pay for all-event for Worlds...

The only other chance for me to see Yuzu will be CoR or Idf (NA too hard in terms of visas, flights and I haven't any tourist interest in there) .

i’m in... the EXACT same situation as you haha. it’ll be out of the question time/money wise for me to travel outside of europe for any other competition too since we’re already thinking about the trip to japan. 

all i can say is good luck but i’m not gonna get my hopes up... maybe if we wish for it enough someone will get lucky and be able to take the rest of us in spirit :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Good luck to everyone but please, I beg you, have a back-up competition to attend. :snonegai:

I entered NHK and GPF lotteries myself and through multiple travel agencies and nothing came of it. I had 3 devices set up to buy tickets in the general sale and my family trying as well and only managed one SP ticket to NHK through dumb luck. Had I not found someone selling a gala ticket I wouldn't have been able to justify going all the way to Japan for only one day of competition (though I wish I'd not been lucky at all. :13877886:) The GPF ticket site just returned errors for me and I never got a chance to try to buy tickets.

Pain and suffering awaits. It might be worth it in the end but it will be war. :13877886: 

So you got your SP ticket through the general sale, not the lotteries? What travel agencies did you use?

Your experience makes the lottery system sound brutal :(

7 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

So you got your SP ticket through the general sale, not the lotteries? What travel agencies did you use?

Your experience makes the lottery system sound brutal :(

Yeah, general sale. Sheer dumb luck on a broken comp with slow, non-NBN Australian internet. I used two agencies but can’t remember one of them right now. One charged me nothing to apply but of course charge extra if you win and the other was H.I.S. who charge you to enter even if you don’t win but I think the extra charge if you do win is lower. 

Lotteries are hell hell because they have so many rounds and just when you’ve accepted your fate, another carrot is dangled in front of your nose. :13877886:

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yeah, general sale. Sheer dumb luck on a broken comp with slow, non-NBN Australian internet. I used two agencies but can’t remember one of them right now. One charged me nothing to apply but of course charge extra if you win and the other was H.I.S. who charge you to enter even if you don’t win but I think the extra charge if you do win is lower. 

Lotteries are hell hell because they have so many rounds and just when you’ve accepted your fate, another carrot is dangled in front of your nose. :13877886:

Did you try JTB as well? Yeah, Australian internet sucks :/ We've had the NBN for many years now but it's still not that fast tbh. The internet at unis is the fastest imo.