draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

53 minutes ago, Spiccine said:

Oh, God this is going to be so stressful.. :judgmental: thank you for  sharing all these infos so far!

So all event and single tickets will be sold from the same day or as usual first the all event and later the single tickets? 

I’m not sure as other Japanese competitions don’t have all event passes for foreigners but for lotteries for Japanese fans I think they hold the ones for all event tickets first then hold single ticket lotteries after that. Hopefully if they don’t include gala as part of the all-event package (I don’t understand why they didn’t last time) they’ll give us a chance to buy it separately because buying both at the same time would be impossible.

Thank you! Actually I won't be able to afford an all event if the prices stay the same (but they are probably going to be higher..), so I'm only looking for single tickets and from what I have read here it will be almost a mission impossible 😅

I was only able to get an SP ticket last year and it seems they really didn’t offer many in the first place. I couldn’t get an FS ticket even begging and could only get a gala ticket by paying more than face value to someone who happened to be selling one. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: I only heard of one other gala ticket being offered for sale, so even resale tickets are incredibly rare for Japanese comps.

If you live closer to another competition and have the time to go I’d highly recommend trying for that instead. ^_^; I’ll only be trying because Japan is the closest for me.

I'm sorry you went trough all of this.

Actually I don't have a closer competition where Yuzu will likely compete and since I also wanted to visit Japan this could have been a good way to do both. :13877886:

I was hoping this wasn't going to be as though as getting tickets for Pyeongchang..

4 minutes ago, Spiccine said:

I'm sorry you went trough all of this.

Actually I don't have a closer competition where Yuzu will likely compete and since I also wanted to visit Japan this could have been a good way to do both. :13877886:

I was hoping this wasn't going to be as though as getting tickets for Pyeongchang..

Getting tickets to comps in Japan last season was more difficult than getting tickets to the Olys I felt. 

But yes, I hope it will become easier next season somehow. Esp. for Worlds. Maybe it's asking too much, but I hope the organisers don't forget us foreign fans! 🙏

It's been a week since MilanoWorlds ended but it feel like I've been waiting forever for this already.... And the possibility of finally having info tomorrow or in a week or a month is getting me more and more nervous :2:  Is there a way to email (?) someone from the organisers and ask when the website or first info would be released (cause I doubt they would tell more than that)? #lilbitdesperate 

If it weren't for that late release of tickets through CoSport I'd have said they were about as difficult as each other, at least from here, but of course at that late stage it was too late for a lot of people to go (it hurt so much seeing the empty seats on TV.) I don't have much hope for World's, especially as they refuse to say how many tickets they reserve for foreign fans (I can count on one hand the number I saw at NHK,) though of course I will try because why not go for the trifecta of heartbreak. :dpooh:

@draka I'm not sure who you could contact. You could perhaps try the ticket company that organises the foreign sale. 

https://etix.co.jp/en/question 

36 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

If it weren't for that late release of tickets through CoSport I'd have said they were about as difficult as each other, at least from here, but of course at that late stage it was too late for a lot of people to go (it hurt so much seeing the empty seats on TV.) I don't have much hope for World's, especially as they refuse to say how many tickets they reserve for foreign fans (I can count on one hand the number I saw at NHK,) though of course I will try because why not go for the trifecta of heartbreak. :dpooh:

@draka I'm not sure who you could contact. You could perhaps try the ticket company that organises the foreign sale. 

https://etix.co.jp/en/question 

I think for those of us who weren't included under Cosport's sales territory, it was a bit easier since we could purchase tickets on the ticketing website and on fan-to-fan once they opened to international buyers. 

For the Japanese comps, it seemed there were fewer chances to purchase tickets, and they were mostly by lottery. 

I'm still hoping the odds will be better though for foreign fans for Worlds. Being optimistic is all I can really do at this point lol. 

Ah so stressful. :13877886: Also, why were they like that with the Gala tickets?? Also x2, do you think the whole tickets ordering site will be in Japanese? Cuz rip me in that case. :13877886::13877886::13877886:

I probably wont' be going. So for all of you crazy enough to try for tickets to any event in Japan, good luck! May you prevail!

2 hours ago, cirelle said:

Ah so stressful. :13877886: Also, why were they like that with the Gala tickets?? Also x2, do you think the whole tickets ordering site will be in Japanese? Cuz rip me in that case. :13877886::13877886::13877886:

Don’t worry, they have a whole separate ticket ordering system in English. :) As for gala, I’m only going by the info from 2014 Worlds in Japan so it might not be that way again. Fingers crossed it isn’t!

If you want to see how few tickets are reserved for foreigners, though, just take a look at the audience at 2014 WORLDS or 2017 GPF. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I probably wont' be going. So for all of you crazy enough to try for tickets to any event in Japan, good luck! May you prevail!

:hachimaki: Ganbarimasu. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Same here :( I'd love to go but I can't randomly take a week off during uni to watch FS :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: I know FS is such a loved sport in Japan, but my god- the high prices for tickets + the lottery system make such a sucky combo...I say that but here I am hoping to get tickets to Japanese Nationals 

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

If you want to see how few tickets are reserved for foreigners, though, just take a look at the audience at 2014 WORLDS or 2017 GPF. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: 

I've been meaning to ask this anyway: is there anything that would prevent the Japanese from buying those "reserved for foreigners" tickets as well? Because I always read about how people from outside Japan are prevented from buying tickets (because you need a Japanese phone number or some such) but I don't recall seeing anything the other way around.

Just now, Pamigena said:

I've been meaning to ask this anyway: is there anything that would prevent the Japanese from buying those "reserved for foreigners" tickets as well? Because I always read about how people from outside Japan are prevented from buying tickets (because you need a Japanese phone number or some such) but I don't recall seeing anything the other way around.

I cant remember exactly how it was for NHK but I’m sure if you understood English and had an address or phone number to use it would be possible. Even if it’s geo-blocked you’d just need a VPN, though that would slow you down. 

That being said, it really is easier to enter the lotteries. Unless you have dumb luck like I did or incredibly fast internet you won’t stand a chance. Tickets sell out in one second, literally. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: