draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

11 minutes ago, amonemae said:

Oh no...so that means if by some massive stroke of luck you get two tickets, you can't even try to give/sell one to another person? And how will it work, you need to have your friend's phone? This just keep sounding more and more impossible 😭😭😭

Mobile tickets are only for Japanese fans so we don't have to worry about that. :)

3 hours ago, MDIslander said:

does anybody know why Saitama 2019 will be 7 days long versus the usual 4 or 5 days? 

Monday and Tuesday are practices from early morning to well into evening. Competition at Worlds starts on Wednesday (with some practice before first competition event), through Saturday. Sunday is Gala.

Well, that’s been my experience, anyway.

Maybe we should all just form a foreigners' figure skating fan club of Japan. Like Ice Crystals. Only foreigners. And we use our considerable collective clout to lobby for block ticketing and preferential selection of seats 😁

I'm going crazy. But there must be a way to get those tickets... 

Prayer circle for JSF to sell all-event pass to foreigners too:snonegai:

In NHK all event passes are only avalaible to Japanese fans who buy e-tix, for paper tickets only individual day pass are avalaible. Guess we can wait until NHK foreigners ticket sale are up tho, if they always use the same system.

Now im jealous at fanyus in the other comps thread...at least it will be the battle of fast-clicking and internet speed to buy tickets, not having headaches over the quantity of tickets sold for foreigners:headdesk2:

So two days for practice sessions only? Thanks for the info!

31 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Monday and Tuesday are practices from early morning to well into evening. Competition at Worlds starts on Wednesday (with some practice before first competition event), through Saturday. Sunday is Gala.

Well, that’s been my experience, anyway.

26 minutes ago, Tsubakindy said:

So two days for practice sessions only? Thanks for the info!

Unless they're doing things differently than... the rest of the figure skating world (not entirely out of the realm of possibility, what with their weird tickets system). ;-) 

But yeah, should just be practices two full, long days. Usually, they use the main rink, as well as a practice rink, and sometimes even a second practice rink. Neither of the two "practice" rinks are accessible for the fans, only the practices held at the main rink. (Not in the least because the practice rinks usually are rinks that have very little, if any, seating.)

So then they have one practice session for every group of skaters in the main rink, and one at the practice rink, per day. Hanyu usually shows up on Monday already, so you could see him in practice in one session on Monday, and in one on Tuesday.

(Many skaters don't show up until Tuesday, and some don't even show up until Wednesday, but that also depends on where the competition is being held, like with Helsinki and Milan last two years, IIRC many Russians didn't show up on Monday, because why would they, really? No big timezones to adjust to, only short flights etc, they might as well train in the comfort of their home area for another day.)

As for Wednesday through Saturday (Sunday practice is hardly ever open to anyone, it's usually for the Gala), there'll be practice sessions the whole day, but since competition is held in the main rink, you can only go to the very-early-morning practice session. Which, if you're lucky, is Men's on one of the days. 

BTW the above assumes the practice sessions on the main ice are actually open to fans with a ticket. They're not too fond of that sort of thing in Japan, I think...?

5 hours ago, Tsubakindy said:

They definitely will. I'm sure of it. :) They did last time! I think there would be an outcry if they didn't. 

5 hours ago, katonice said:

Maybe we should all just form a foreigners' figure skating fan club of Japan. Like Ice Crystals. Only foreigners. And we use our considerable collective clout to lobby for block ticketing and preferential selection of seats 😁

I'm going crazy. But there must be a way to get those tickets... 

I think we might be able to do it but he'll probably land 4A before we could manage to work it out. :headdesk:

5 hours ago, Tsubakindy said:

We definitely need this!

9 hours ago, MDIslander said:

I know this is a weird question but this is my 1st time trying to attend Worlds - does anybody know why Saitama 2019 will be 7 days long versus the usual 4 or 5 days? 

Not sure if this has been answered yet but, the first 2 days (Mon & Tue) are usually for official practices. Events usually start by Wed until Saturday, with the Gala on Sunday. Here's the time schedule of Worlds 2018: http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2018_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf It can be a bit confusing but the colored blocks are practice schedule per discipline

I would suggest to everyone, even if you're not considering going to NHK, that you use the foreign sale as a practice to know what to expect. It will very, very, very likely be the same system they use for worlds which they've used for all foreign ticket sales since at least 2014. The NHK ticket information for the foreign sale should be up sometime this month:

http://nhk-trophy2018.jp/ticket.html

ETA. It seems I remembered wrong about the order of sales. I think it's usually 1st round of Japanese lottery, then foreign sale, then possibly more rounds of Japanese lotteries and finally the Japanese general sale. 

On 8/3/2018 at 11:43 AM, SparkleSalad said:

I would suggest to everyone, even if you're not considering going to NHK, that you use the foreign sale as a practice to know what to expect. It will very, very, very likely be the same system they use for worlds which they've used for all foreign ticket sales since at least 2014. The NHK ticket information for the foreign sale should be up sometime this month:

ETA. It seems I remembered wrong about the order of sales. I think it's usually 1st round of Japanese lottery, then foreign sale, then possibly more rounds of Japanese lotteries and finally the Japanese general sale. 

I thought I image trained enough for Helsinki and then I got confused anyway during the sale — I am most definitively taking a look at this. :hachimaki:

Thanks so much for your responses @Winnie_20 @SparkleSalad  @spacekittylei

When I initially checked out the NHK page I thought I'd speed up the process by using Bing translator, but it was a hilarious waste of time. Just wish they'd make it clear that the All Events tickets include the Gala, or not.  I wish Good luck to everyone getting their NHK tickets!

В 03.08.2018 в 12:43, SparkleSalad сказал:

Page for foreign NHK sale is up http://emtg.jp/feature/nhkf18_inbound/

That actually looks like lottery for foreigners and it will have mobile tickets so no chance for re-sale? Why Japan hates paper tickets so much? :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Wow. That lottery thing.... sucks. 

So what are the actual chances of this same lottery system being used for Worlds 2019 tickets, for foreign sales? I've heard about the dreaded lotteries, of course, but never heard of the foreign sales being subjected to them, too. :-(

15 minutes ago, Lunna said:

That actually looks like lottery for foreigners and it will have mobile tickets so no chance for re-sale? Why Japan hates paper tickets so much? :facepalm:

Oh wow! Actually, I think this is much better! The ticket sales last year were so horrible, people actually wondered if they'd allocated any tickets for foreigners at all.

I haven't used the app before but I know for the Japanese version of the app (EMTG as well) there was a way to sell your tickets back to the organiser who would then redistribute them via lottery.

I think you can transfer ("distribute") tickets to another user but I'm not exactly sure how it works. Here's te FAQ 

http://emtg.jp/feature/emtg_faq/faq_en.html

It still looks like they won't have all event passes for foreigners for NHK with this system but I'm positive they will for Worlds, just not sure if they will be paper, etickets, or smartphone. 

20 минут назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

Oh wow! Actually, I think this is much better! The ticket sales last year were so horrible, people actually wondered if they'd allocated any tickets for foreigners at all.

I dunno if it's better or not. At one point - no click battles just pray for your luck, on another - one person can apply multiple times if it has access to several phones. Do you pay automatically if you win or you must confirm it once more (if by some miracle you win from 2 phones, you can pay for one only)?