draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

34 minutes ago, dzuo1015 said:

I don’t think so, my fd is also from the US and she had no problem retrieving the ticket on the app.  Did you change device or phone number at any time?  Is this your own account or someone else’s account?  Because I did change device but I went through the phone verification process with no problem, so I don’t know....

I did reinstall the app to try to resolve these issues, it seems like they counted that as a device change though it verified my phone number. It's my own account.

I didn’t have to enter any number I just opened the app and got a popup to claim tickets, maybe you have to wait a bit longer and it takes a while until all the tickets are issued?

12 hours ago, Sukigirl said:

Anyone knows if the main rink has proper, padded seats? Or are they plastic ones? 

It’s padded not as heavy as movie theater but definitely better than PVC jumpseat ! 

12 hours ago, daisyjune said:

Main arina mode is the correct one, isn't it?

Here https://www.saitama-arena.co.jp/schedule/ it says that 会場タイプ メインアリーナ(main arena mode).

Then the seat map should be this one: https://www.saitama-arena.co.jp/seat_view/arena_not_fixed/

And, I heard that the main rink has padded seats, not plastic while seats of the practice rink are plastic ones.

Thanks!

App reinstall does count as device change so please be careful, everyone.

Please be aware that if you surpass the limit for allowed device changes, you will have to follow a prescribed procedure,
and the conditions of your use may be reviewed.

Device change limits
User device change and app reinstall: up to twice monthly
Registered phone number change: up to twice annually

If you're asking about how to get your tickets after a device change, I wonder if it might be best to have the person who sold them to you contact EMTG through their e-mail. They register your name, DOB, e-mail etc when you sign up so they'll probably want to make sure everything is the same.

umm so.. full event ticket holders.. are we thinking we'll just have to wait till the first day of competition when we exchange for our ticket to find out our seat number/info? 

My friend has the same problem as you, she wrote to emtg and they sent her a link, we still have to figure out what to do with that link tho. :scratch3:

About using another person's account on your phone, you just have to enter with the login details of the person from who you have bought the ticket and then put that person's phone number to verify the app and ask them to give you the sms code they receive and that's all. I did that on my phone with my friend's account and I successfully claimed her ticket. :)

1 hour ago, Spiccine said:

About using another person's account on your phone, you just have to enter with the login details of the person from who you have bought the ticket and then put that person's phone number to verify the app and ask them to give you the sms code they receive and that's all. I did that on my phone with my friend's account and I successfully claimed her ticket. :)

Oh, that's great to know, thanks! I wonder if it works after the ticket has been claimed on the first phone. :think:

10 hours ago, itiahs said:

I did reinstall the app to try to resolve these issues, it seems like they counted that as a device change though it verified my phone number. It's my own account.

Did the reinstall work?  I tried that too and it still didn’t work for me. 

What if EMTG can’t resolve this on time, I am afraid I can’t get in even though it’s my own account and I won the ticket myself.  I am so frustrated right now 

16 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh, that's great to know, thanks! I wonder if it works after the ticket has been claimed on the first phone. :think:

That could be trickier since it would count as a device change, so you can't do it more than twice a month if I recall correctly? If you intend to sell the tickets you shouldn't install the app on your phone or, at least (that's most important thing actually), you shouldn't verify the app on your phone if you don't intend to use that ticket for yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Spiccine said:

That could be trickier since it would count as a device change, so you can't do it more than twice a month if I recall correctly? If you intend to sell the tickets you shouldn't install the app on your phone or, at least (that's most important thing actually), you shouldn't verify the app on your phone if you don't intend to use that ticket for yourself. 

Hmm so it seems that the app can only detect the device itself and does not actually recognize the phone no. you're using with it. I thought it could actually see if you have a different sim installed but it seems it cant

10 hours ago, Lunna said:

Do I need to enter "Application Number" (from the ticket application history) where it says "claim number" or some other number from the letter?

When I enter application number and a pass I have a pop up window: You have received a new ticket "Later" "Claim". When I click on claim I get to the "Claiming tickets" window click on claim and get an error about phone number.

Not sure on this one since I havent used the form myself. Maybe other fellow satellites have experience on this? 

11 hours ago, Lunna said:

Do I need to enter "Application Number" (from the ticket application history) where it says "claim number" or some other number from the letter?

When I enter application number and a pass I have a pop up window: You have received a new ticket "Later" "Claim". When I click on claim I get to the "Claiming tickets" window click on claim and get an error about phone number.

Hi Lunna, are you using an android? You can switch to an iphone. EMTG app can't access Iphone's phone number, so it has to do the SMS verification. Then you can ask your seller to give you the SMS code in 2 minutes.

Another potential problem with these change of phone number/device is I heard that EMTG has some mechanism built in, that if it deems your trade is susceptible to resale, it will show yellow block on the ticket when your ticket is stamped at the entrance gate. Then there will be secondary inspection. I don't know the details about the inspection, and I don't know what their criteria the screening is about...

11 hours ago, Lunna said:

When you click on menu after bypassing the popup go claim, you can click on claim tickets. This is what it looks like on ios.

https://ibb.co/BGZzQCk