draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

11 hours ago, gwynn said:

Hi everyone, I've got a problem. I have two All Event Category B tickets from the emtg foreign lottery, but there's a possibility both me and my companion won't be able to go to Japan after all. Is there a way for me to sell both tickets, or does my phone really have to be physically in the arena? I saw in the FAQ the name associated with the account can't be changed, but it is possible to change both the phone number associated with the account (only twice annually) and the device used (twice monthly). Would I end up selling the account itself then? Or is my real name being attached to the account already going to be a problem?

Hi, I know you can login the account to another phone but only once. You can coordinate thru messenger the verification code.

of course if in case you end up selling, I’m queueing up for the possibility of buying them from you.

11 hours ago, gwynn said:

Hi everyone, I've got a problem. I have two All Event Category B tickets from the emtg foreign lottery, but there's a possibility both me and my companion won't be able to go to Japan after all. Is there a way for me to sell both tickets, or does my phone really have to be physically in the arena? I saw in the FAQ the name associated with the account can't be changed, but it is possible to change both the phone number associated with the account (only twice annually) and the device used (twice monthly). Would I end up selling the account itself then? Or is my real name being attached to the account already going to be a problem?

According to the faq, maximim of changing devices is 2x a month, and registered number change 2x a year.

15 hours ago, gwynn said:

Please let me know if you end up selling your tickets. Thank you!

On 2/28/2019 at 9:15 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Thought I'd start a group PM for people going to WC to arrange meet-ups/seat saving/what have you (unless there's already one going.)

Anyone interested just reply or PM me and I'll add you to a group. :) 

I haven’t got any tickets, but please add me in case I get one later (or in case anyone got last minute tickets... I’ll be in Japan anyways so the last minute could be on the day itself even). Thank you!

On 2/28/2019 at 10:15 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Thought I'd start a group PM for people going to WC to arrange meet-ups/seat saving/what have you (unless there's already one going.)

Anyone interested just reply or PM me and I'll add you to a group. :) 

I still don't have a ticket but I'm definitely up for a meetup. Please add me to the group. Thank!

Still not quite sure how this seat-saving goes in Japan. Would people be saving seats in one rink and then leaving to go to the other? Eg on Monday the first practice is in PR so would people arrive early, set up in MR and then go to watch Yuzu before going back to their saved seats in MR?

Found some pictures of the Saitama Community Arena where they’ll be setting up the practice rink. Seems there are only about 18 rows and they’ll probably have them set up on 3 sides. Unfortunately it looks like there will be no backs on the seats so sitting there all day might be quite an ordeal. :/ On the plus side, it looks like there won’t be a bad seat in the house.

ETA probable seating layout of main and practice rink 

JBAm9wM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I need your help. My flight on the 24th of March at 20:40. How long it will be from Saitama Super Arena to Narita? I won't manage to do it in time?

3 minutes ago, Lilona said:

I need your help. My flight on the 24th of March at 20:40. How long it will be from Saitama Super Arena to Narita? I won't manage to do it in time?

It's going to take around an hour and half of travel time, but you need to factor in everyone leaving from the arena at the same time and the queues at the station.

Does anyone have a contact email for Saitama Super Arena? My mum has a pretty bad back and I didn’t realise there’d be no back support when I bought her tickets to every practice rink session. :facepalm: I figured it would be way easier to try to contact the arena than JSF to see if they could perhaps organise a chair or something for her. 

6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Does anyone have a contact email for Saitama Super Arena? My mum has a pretty bad back and I didn’t realise there’d be no back support when I bought her tickets to every practice rink session. :facepalm: I figured it would be way easier to try to contact the arena than JSF to see if they could perhaps organise a chair or something for her. 

I found this at the Saitama Arena FAQ but I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for

"In case of inqueries for Saitama Super Arena Co., Ltd, please contact the following number: 048-600-3001 (9am~6pm / year round)."

Unfortunately, I couldn't find an email address, there was only a phone number :(

1 hour ago, Lilona said:

So the Gala ends around 18:00 but I don't think you'll be able to stay till the end.

There's bus from Omiya station to Narita Airport and it takes about 2 hours to get there.

http://www.tobu-bus.com/en/narita/narita_omiya.html

In order to get to a 20:40 flight you'll have to take the 17:35 bus to reach the airport at 19:10 (which is really close called and you have to pray that the traffic wasn't bad) You may need to leave the arena around 17:00 to get that bus. 

The safer option would be the 16:35 bus from Omiya station but you will need to leave at 16:00 and might not get to enjoy a lot of the gala. 

*EDIT*

I just check the train timetable from Hyperdia. The train from Saitama-Shintoshin to Narita via Tokyo station takes about 1.30 hours. So maybe you can leave just a bit before the gala ends. to avoid the crowded and get on the train and can make it to Narita by 19:35. (I advise online check-in first)