Jump to content
draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

Recommended Posts

I kinda understand the reason for no photograph, especially for the detachable lenses, and partly thankful for that. Because when I was at CoR, I was sitting next to fans on both sides who has this really big lens and they were blocking my view whenever I turn left or right. Their shutter sound are also disturbing especially for the really fast speed ones where they does one snap and it was like shot gun firing next to my ears.  

 

I'm ok for the cellphone cameras and I think it's less disturbing but it still is if the person next to you lean forward a lot to take pictures or video. So I think to the Japanese culture, they did not want people to disturb others so they decide to banned all the camera taking, all the banner showing and all the hats/high hair tying as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, klara said:

I’m doing the entire worlds week alone (going to meet my friend in kyoto after) so would definitely be up for meeting other people at the event or whenever we have free time otherwise imma end up not speaking to anyone for an entire week ahaha 

http://yuzuyakawagoe.jp/english.html

welcome to join me and have fun together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard back from EMTG about transferring tickets/entering at different times with people? I’m getting so nervous that I wasted money getting extras in case people needed them and not being able to work things out. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Has anyone heard back from EMTG about transferring tickets/entering at different times with people? I’m getting so nervous that I wasted money getting extras in case people needed them and not being able to work things out. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

 

I was so busy last weekend that I totally forgot to to email EMTG until yesterday :facepalm:

 

While waiting for their reply, if they do, I realised we can distribute tickets? So if you have 3 tickets bought with your phone, you can send the extra 2 to other friends. The friends must of course also installed the app on his/her phone and should also registered as an EMTG lite member. This means they can enter venue at a different time from you since they have the ticket in their own phone. 

This distribution can only be done after you clam your ticket (which should be in early march?). 

 

I thought this is available only to the local EMTG but the FAQ in English gave instruction too so it may apply to foreign EMTG too? 

http://emtg.jp/feature/dticket_guide/give_en.html

 

Now, I can't be sure if above process work and for some reason, I thought I come across somewhere that distribution is not applicable for this event. But I went through all my emails and website and don't see that. I'm not sure if my brain is playing trick on me or I got confused with the 'shared member list' in the Japanese FAQ. 

 

Anyway, I hope someone with experience with distribution of tickets can confirm above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@yumeaki Yes, for some reason I remember info about tickets not being transferable after distribution, too, but I don’t remember where it came from. I really, really hope we’ll be able to transfer. It seems insane to let us buy 4 at a time and not let us distribute so hopefully EMTG/JSF will have mercy on us.

 

ETA Apparently the EMTG site said we must enter with everyone but I still don’t understand how they expect a 12hr+ day of practices to be coordinated this way. :( Japanese fans are able to trade their tickets but again they discriminate against us. I want to cry. :sadPooh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://emtg.jp/feature/skateworld19_pra_en/

 

“4. How to enter the venue

If you get 4 tickets, 4 tickets will be displayed on your smartphone.
*Your accompanying person must enter the venue with you.”

 

but it doesn’t clarify about whether we can enter first and then come to the gate to usher our friends in so back to square one. It says nothing about transferring tickets, either. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SparkleSalad So we both saw information about tickets not allowed for distribution? Please tell me this is one of the wordings in the notice but is now removed so that means we can distribute tickets to other friends after we claim the tickets :snonegai:

 

The Japanese definitely can distribute tickets to friends with their app so no FAQ required for sequence of entry. They probably expect foreign fans to come together but friends also have different priority.. some may wanna sleep late and go later... Really doesn't make practical sense to expect all to enter together. 

 

I emailed to ask if distribution is possible too. I hope they do reply.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

http://emtg.jp/feature/skateworld19_pra_en/

 

“4. How to enter the venue

If you get 4 tickets, 4 tickets will be displayed on your smartphone.
*Your accompanying person must enter the venue with you.”

 

but it doesn’t clarify about whether we can enter first and then come to the gate to usher our friends in so back to square one. It says nothing about transferring tickets, either. Ugh.

I think they stamp the ticket electronically when you go in, so if you have 1 person with you they should stamp one of the tickets aside from your own. 

 

Hopefully they stamp the person too though bec they should expect people to be moving in and out to go to/from the main and practice rinks. Hopefully too they realised this part lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@yumeaki I just feel so helpless because there’s no one to even complain to! If they had a social media account we could definitely apply pressure to treat us more fairly but when JSF just happily ignore our emails, even when we send them in Japanese...

 

EMTG were very fast to reply to me when I needed tech support to apply for the lottery so I think in the next day or two maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, katonice said:

I think they stamp the ticket electronically when you go in, so if you have 1 person with you they should stamp one of the tickets aside from your own. 

 

Hopefully they stamp the person too though bec they should expect people to be moving in and out to go to/from the main and practice rinks. Hopefully too they realised this part lol. 

 

:14066882: So they put four stamps on your phone if you have four tickets? How would they know if the person whose hand they stamped as well is the same person on the phone, though? AHHHHH WHY CAN’T THEY JUST BE REASONABLE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

 

:14066882: So they put four stamps on your phone if you have four tickets? How would they know if the person whose hand they stamped as well is the same person on the phone, though? AHHHHH WHY CAN’T THEY JUST BE REASONABLE?

They should think of something bec they know quite well it will be a constant stream of people moving in between the main and practice rinks, what with events happening simultaneously in both venues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, katonice said:

They should think of something bec they know quite well it will be a constant stream of people moving in between the main and practice rinks, what with events happening simultaneously in both venues. 

 

I’m having a very hard time believing any of this can possibly go smoothly so thank you for being our designated keeper of the faith. :snonegai:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

 

I’m having a very hard time believing any of this can possibly go smoothly so thank you for being our designated keeper of the faith. :snonegai:

Well they should know as well as anyone that to expect four people to be moving around all the time as a group will be difficult for all involved lol. But then again, maybe they are that sadistic. 

 

I think I'll send them an email too just so they know a lot of people are concerned about this, and what sort of confusion this could cause for them in the long run lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, katonice said:

They should think of something bec they know quite well it will be a constant stream of people moving in between the main and practice rinks, what with events happening simultaneously in both venues. 

It would be in their own best interest to keep things running smoothly and not have entering and exiting be complete chaos the whole time to just let us divide up the tickets but then again... they’ve been screwing us over the whole time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×