draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

14 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

is this another lottery?

or I need a proxy again to buy if I am not a resident of Japan?

Worse: general sale aka deadly click battle. :13877886: You'll most likely need a proxy but because they only gave us 3 days notice it might be difficult find one. 

ETA I got a quote from a proxy and tickets will be almost double the price including fees. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: I wish they'd release info in English at the same time so we could stop stressing. Goodness knows they've had long enough to prepare.

1 hour ago, freyaminnie said:

They did say that only "some" section of seat will be open for sell. IMO they will limited no. of tickets because they does not want big crowed to disturb the skaters.

Makes sense. And they don't want to need to be keeping an eye on all arena sections for practice sessions. 

Yet I was hoping there'll be more of a chance to get tickets. Really crossing my fingers they're reserving tickets for international fans. It wouldnt be a good look if only local fans could get into the practices bec no tickets were made available to other fans.

I’m surprised they even offer practice rink “normal” tickets at all! (Other than one or two occasions where a few tickets were offered as prize you could win). I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of that before... it’s certainly very rare!

2 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

I’m surprised they even offer practice rink “normal” tickets at all! (Other than one or two occasions where a few tickets were offered as prize you could win). I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of that before... it’s certainly very rare!

And kinda puts a lie to the ”we’re doing this to not disturb the skaters”.

I’d love tickets to main and practice rink for Monday and Tuesday - if someone’s buying and can add another ticket. :snonegai:

2 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

I think the reason is because they don't sell tickets for main rink practices. Doors only open 2 hours before the event each day so you can only see whoever happens to be practicing at the time.

I’m one of the few that won the foreigners lottery. Paid for the tickets in November. No idea how to retrieve my tickets, does anyone know? I have the EMTG app, not sure if I have to ‘claim’ the tickets some how...

16 hours ago, Alex_Trusova said:

I’m one of the few that won the foreigners lottery. Paid for the tickets in November. No idea how to retrieve my tickets, does anyone know? I have the EMTG app, not sure if I have to ‘claim’ the tickets some how...

Your ticket should be in the EMTG app so you will need to display it on your phone for entrance. 

E-ticket or paper ticket, I don’t think anyone has received them yet (they probably want to prevent touting by not showing seats early - Ha! Useless!). So no worry if you don’t see any ticket on your app yet. I guess people should start receiving tickets in early March.

3 hours ago, Alex_Trusova said:

I think if you log in on the EMTG website it will have your "successful applications" or something like that listed. It might also have the date that tickets will be "distributed" ie. appear in your phone APP. Just make sure you download them before getting to the venue as there will be no wifi. 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think if you log in on the EMTG website it will have your "successful applications" or something like that listed. It might also have the date that tickets will be "distributed" ie. appear in your phone APP. Just make sure you download them before getting to the venue as there will be no wifi. 

Just making extra sure about the SIM situation. A lot of people buy travel/data only SIMs when they go to Japan but I don't think it will show on your phone if you change SIM card so make sure you have the SIM you used to apply for tickets together with the phone you used to apply to avoid any problems. If someone knows more about this or if I'm mistaken, please correct me. 

I’ve taken out my sim, and app works fine on wifi. As long as it has already been registered to a device it should be ok.

24 minutes ago, ninjaMD said:

I’ve taken out my sim, and app works fine on wifi. As long as it has already been registered to a device it should be ok.

So as long as the ticket is downloaded to the phone ahead of time there’ll be no problem? That’s great to know! Thanks!

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

So as long as the ticket is downloaded to the phone ahead of time there’ll be no problem? That’s great to know! Thanks!

Yes, under claimed tickets after reception period.  It wont hurt to try it on offline mode to make sure it works. No wifi in stadium.

2 hours ago, traveltoomuch said:

My friend is kind enough to let me use her Lawson account but need VPN to get access? Weird... 

VPN and likely Japanese credit card. :sadPooh:

I'm still trying to work out the details of how my tickets will be issued but if anyone is able to get extra practice tickets, I may be able to trade premium tickets for 20th and/or 22nd. :snonegai:

9 hours ago, traveltoomuch said:

My friend is kind enough to let me use her Lawson account but need VPN to get access? Weird... 

You need vpn for payment and login.