draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

1 час назад, holina сказал:

Any insights will be really appreciated!

Worlds still are the most important competition of the year, so of course there's more interest. WTT is still more like a show for me, though I know Yuzu is serious about it if he competes there. I hope Yuzu will participate, cuz then it might mean he is completely healthy, but I'm still not 100% sure. If you will be in Japan anyway, you can of course try for tickets.

7 hours ago, holina said:

Hi all!  I am new to watching live FS (although I had the good fortune of attending ACI 2018 and seeing Yuzu was a magical experience which got me hooked :headdesk2:).

I am just wondering why there isn’t more interest in the WTT Fukuoka tickets (foreign lottery opened yesterday till February 11).  There are only 2 pages in the WTT tickets thread....Do people think Yuzu won’t be there?  Just wondering if I am missing something?  I will be visiting Tokyo in April and so I am thinking of swinging by Fukuoka for WTT.  The flights are pretty cheap (Tokyo-Fukuoka), like under 30000 yen for return!  Although the more rational side of me is telling me to wait for ACI 2019 and Worlds Montreal (I am from Toronto).

Any insights will be really appreciated!  Thank you so much!

Because Japanese competitions only allow foreigners to use mobile phone tickets now (they used to be paper etickets) it's very difficult to transfer/resell and tickets to comps without Yuzu are already so hard to get rid of. I think there's a good chance he'll skip if his ankle isn't 100% after WC. If you happen to be in Japan at the time, though, it'd definitely be worth going to. There's no way it won't be super fun. :) 

17 hours ago, holina said:

Hi all!  I am new to watching live FS (although I had the good fortune of attending ACI 2018 and seeing Yuzu was a magical experience which got me hooked :headdesk2:).

I am just wondering why there isn’t more interest in the WTT Fukuoka tickets (foreign lottery opened yesterday till February 11).  There are only 2 pages in the WTT tickets thread....Do people think Yuzu won’t be there?  Just wondering if I am missing something?  I will be visiting Tokyo in April and so I am thinking of swinging by Fukuoka for WTT.  The flights are pretty cheap (Tokyo-Fukuoka), like under 30000 yen for return!  Although the more rational side of me is telling me to wait for ACI 2019 and Worlds Montreal (I am from Toronto).

Any insights will be really appreciated!  Thank you so much!

As other comment might have said, it was not a sure thing whether Yuzu would be there or not. Mostly would depends on if he's fully recover from his injury or not.

WTT is not a big competition but if you happen to be in Japan at the time it's worth seeing. Because it's a fluff competition, you'll see skaters goofing around cheering for their teammates wearing most ridiculous props.

AND if somehow Yuzu end up showing there it would be like hitting a jackpot cause the you'll not only get to see him compete but also see him in K&C while other discipline compete as well! (so a lottttttt of Yuzu-time for you). Not to mention if he decide to compete, once the news is announce the tickets will be selling like golds, literally! 

Regarding WTT, I don't know anything about the sales for foreigners, but for the domestic sales, tickets are already sold out.

(Perhaps there might be general sales one more time. not sure.)

People hope Yuzu will show up and have bought the tickets just in case. I also heard that the venue is relatively small and the number of seats are not so many.

I tried a lottery two or three times for WTT but I didn't get any tickets, so obvioulsly it's very popular here.

Well, they sold all event tickets at first, which included practice tickets. Of course many Yuzu fans rushed to buy them because as all of you know, seeing practice is so rare and precious in Japan. I was just not sure if Yuzu's legs would be OK after the Worlds, so I couldn't buy that ticket.

Besides, the competition will be held very far from Tokyo area. WTT itself is a very fun competition to watch. I especially love the exhibition where skaters are relaxed and team Japan's performance is always very cute, which also means you can see Yuzu's performance twice. I watched WTT in 2015 and 2017, and yes, seeing Yuzu skate live was so special.

Personally I think expecting Yuzu to be healthy even after the Worlds is may be too much.... I just pray and pray he will recover well in time for the Worlds...

However, if you happen to be in Japan around that time...if I were you, I would try lottery.

(I had tickets for 2017 NHK, GPF, Nationals, and 2018 Nationals. It's nothing new to me that I try my luck at every opportunity...)

Thanks everyone for your insights regarding WTT and sorry for hijacking the Worlds thread!

The WTT  tickets for foreigners are not transferable because they are on the EMTG app. (That is, if I enter the lottery and win).   So this is making me very hesitant.  They are not cheap! (20000 yen per day).  Also I am traveling with my parents so I don’t know if I should drag them along to Fukuoka and leave them to do their own things while I go to watch the competition...doesn’t seem like a nice thing to do to them!  Perhaps I will just wait for ACI and Worlds 2020....

I haven’t thought about Yuzu being present and cheering when other disciplines are competing though, sounds like lots of fun to watch him doing that!

I tried to check out the WTT venue and its  hard to reach for me due to limited flight schedules available.

At World's wil they be like showing the event outside via a big screen?

Or are there any news that there will be some public viewing in theatres or townhalls nearby?

I'm hoping that at World's  this year, since it is in Japan, and Yuzu is so popular...maybe there will be theatre live streams of the competition!

As consolation for failed attempts to buy tickets! 

An 8K live stream...

I would totally buy a theatre ticket/screening!

28 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I'm hoping that at World's  this year, since it is in Japan, and Yuzu is so popular...maybe there will be theatre live streams of the competition!

As consolation for failed attempts to buy tickets! 

An 8K live stream...

I would totally buy a theatre ticket/screening!

At there will be so much Yuzu focus on the TV content too! 

2 часа назад, traveltoomuch сказал:

http://yuzuyakawagoe.jp/english.html

Anyone interested in trying Kimono here?I’m thinking reserve on either 3/20 or 3/22 but hate to go solo ... 

My dream is to walk in Kyoto in kimono, but I dunno about the weather (will it be too cold or not). Maybe I'll take mine with me))

I will be in Tokyo during Worlds 2019.

If anyone has to resell any ticket last minute: I can be available to purchase as long as I have enough notice to catch a train to Saitama.

Thank you

11 hours ago, Lunna said:

My dream is to walk in Kyoto in kimono, but I dunno about the weather (will it be too cold or not). Maybe I'll take mine with me))

If you go, beware of being asked for pictures with strangers every five feet :space:

I went to Kyoto on a class trip and we went around town in a Kimono for one day and they really loved the weird gaijins in kimono lol