draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

I'm a Japanese living in Japan. If it's any consolation, I entered every single lottery from every possible ticket site and spent a whole hour today trying to get tickets, and all I managed to get is one ticket for the EX. I know I should be thankful for that but still...! Same with the Nationals or even WTT. And I’m not particularly unlucky.

I know that only a lucky few in Japan got tickets as well but for foreigners I think there's just much more of a feeling of helplessness when we there was only one lottery to apply for with only one seating preference allowed, no transparency about how many tickets were allocated in the first place, and not a single customer service representative to contact about anything. With no seating preference system, I wonder if there were any tickets left over in the foreign sale and what happened to them. Foreigners are also locked out of ticket reselling websites, not that everyone would consider buying from scalpers, and the language barrier for a lot of people means that it would be hard to trade with other fans on Twitter etc. if they were lucky enough to find someone with an extra ticket. 

I think the other problem with tickets is that other countries sell them by event for Worlds, not by day, so it may be easier to get the tickets you want when you're you don't have to battle against not only men's FS fans but also ice dance/pairs/ladies.

For those of you still looking to go to a competition, I think it will be really easy to get tickets in any other country so if it's not too far for you to travel, keep trying and maybe you'll even see 4A next season! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Sigh. I'll still be in Japan since it's cherry blossom season but it's still brutal to think that many of us had so little chance to get in. It was hard getting tickets for Pyeongchang but even that seems trivial compared to this. :13877886:

See you all next season--may we all get a chance to see the unicorn again. :xD:

Buying tickets in the best categories, all-event, was super easy for both Helsinki and Milan. Normal VISA world credit card accepted, voila. 

It really is just Japan where it’s being made so ridiculously complicated and frustrating. And it’s utterly beyond me why. Why not just sell the tickets like the rest of the world does? Good ticket website like eventim or whatever, all-event go on sale first, none of this stupid lottery thing, you accept the most widely accepted credit cards, and most certainly not separate sales for foreigners! 

Disgusting... 

I simply just don’t understand why JFU need 8 times of sale since last October

1 for all-event 

4 for lottery 

2 for if-you-can-get craziness

and

ONE foreigners lottery only ... 

Can someone explain the biggest ticketing mystery in 21st century? Please ... 

I will definitely skip NHK next season and go anywhere in the planet where Yuzu compete ! 

Actually they did change the way they sold tickets to foreigners this season and it's much, much better than it used to be but still not equal. I wonder if scalping isn't easier/more attractive because of the random seating allocation as well.

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Actually they did change the way they sold tickets to foreigners this season and it's much, much better than it used to be but still not equal. I wonder if scalping isn't easier/more attractive because of the random seating allocation as well.

Just the other week though, a man was arrested for having 100 bots that would automatically buy tickets from websites (E-plus, in this case). Scalping is too ingrained into their ticket culture, and I'm honestly scared how they will handle Olympics next year.

4 minutes ago, ninjaMD said:

Just the other week though, a man was arrested for having 100 bots that would automatically buy tickets from websites (E-plus, in this case). Scalping is too ingrained into their ticket culture, and I'm honestly scared how they will handle Olympics next year.

Olympic tickets are divided up among different countries and sold mostly by CoSport. It can be a mess, especially if there is no official ticket seller for your country, but it's much easier.

My friend wants to go to Tokyo Olys, but about tickets I already said to her to try our country sale - might be more expensive but more chances then lotteries.

What frustrates me also (apart only one lottery for foreigners and no general sale) is that with that system you don't have a clue how much tickets already went on sale, how much can still appear. With all other comps even if tickets are sold in parts at least you have some clue what was already sold and what not. If I knew that there will be second general sale I will not go with resale and asked a friend to buy, of course he might not be successful but still, it's like this system only encourages resale.

A proxy tried to help me yesterday but we still couldn't get anything.

When he viewed the resale D sales cost up to 40,000 yen for March 21.

I told him its tempting but no. Yeah I will be there  but paying 8X the price which I might actually be just looking at the jumbotron.

Might as well find a theatre or public place doing the viewing althogether in 1 area. Maybe that will be an intereting experience.

of coure if I won or got the  the "D" ticket  normally I would be happy.

But I don't want to support those scalpers making our ticketing lives difficult.

5 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

A proxy tried to help me yesterday but we still couldn't get anything.

When he viewed the resale D sales cost up to 40,000 yen for March 21.

I told him its tempting but no. Yeah I will be there  but paying 8X the price which I might actually be just looking at the jumbotron.

Might as well find a theatre or public place doing the viewing althogether in 1 area. Maybe that will be an intereting experience.

of coure is I won or got the  the "D" ticket  normally I would be happy.

But I don't want to support those scalpers making our ticketing lives difficult.

Seriously for D tickets? A month ago, that was the price for the B ticket resale.

Buying tickets anywhere but Japan for figure skating is usually very easy, and of the last 3 worlds I don’t think they had any host country specific sales or restrictions. There were some issues maybe paying with foreign credit card for Helsinki and Rostelecom in the past, but I think those were unintentional. 

I can say out of all the figure skating competitions I’ve been to in the last 3 years the ones in Japan have been the most impossible to get tickets for. That includes the Olympics which still gave you a chance if you were alert. I remember trying to get a GPF ticket for Nagoya in 2017 and only managed 1 ticket for ladies (before the injury) and this time for worlds it was absolutely nothing despite Saitama being a larger arena. I was really hoping the size of the venue meant there were better shots of foreigners getting tickets too but it seems it’s even more impossible. 

Hi all!  I am new to watching live FS (although I had the good fortune of attending ACI 2018 and seeing Yuzu was a magical experience which got me hooked :headdesk2:).

I am just wondering why there isn’t more interest in the WTT Fukuoka tickets (foreign lottery opened yesterday till February 11).  There are only 2 pages in the WTT tickets thread....Do people think Yuzu won’t be there?  Just wondering if I am missing something?  I will be visiting Tokyo in April and so I am thinking of swinging by Fukuoka for WTT.  The flights are pretty cheap (Tokyo-Fukuoka), like under 30000 yen for return!  Although the more rational side of me is telling me to wait for ACI 2019 and Worlds Montreal (I am from Toronto).

Any insights will be really appreciated!  Thank you so much!

I don't believe in supporting scalping either...so I don't buy resale.  I also never resell above the face value if I can't go...I sell at face value, below face value or I give it away.

I find it infuriating that resellers are selling tickets for one day of men's FS at 8000 usd!!

Maybe if I was uber rich...but I am not and I can't afford that and pay for hotel and flight too!