draka

2019 Worlds in Saitama, Japan - Tickets help

Hi, everyone! I'm starting this thread in hope that there are other overeager fans like me hoping to score some tickets for Worlds in 2019 :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

Now, I expect the all-event packages to go on sale soon as they usually do around the previous year's Worlds. But since I don't speak Japanese, I don't know where to look for them. 

I'm looking for the separate ticket sale for foreigners specifically, so any info about that would be greatly appreciated!

Also, did anybody go to 2014 Worlds that were held in the same venue, the Saitama Super Arena? Please share any info you remember about the ticket buying process, the arena itself, what sectors were available for the oversea sale, etc. This way hopefully we'll be prepared when the actual sale starts :8430721:

Ticket information for both Japanese and foreign fans will be available once the official website is launched. Don't worry about missing it - everyone will go nuts once info is out. :)

In the meanwhile, here's the ticket info from 2014 worlds website:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140307073306/http://www.wfc2014.jp:80/english/tickets

https://web.archive.org/web/20140305100751/http://www.e-tix.jp:80/wfc2014oversea/wfc2014oversea.html

Things to note:

Premium seats were not available as all event passes.

The gala was not included in all event passes (big problem for foreign fans outlined below.)

The etix website for foreign ticket sales only allows you to purchase 2 tickets at a time for one day at a time. You can't add multiple days to your cart but must complete checkout before purchasing tickets for another day. Unfortunately, even if you are lucky enough to get a ticket (they literally sell out in seconds) all the other tickets will likely be sold out by the time you try to buy them. 

@SparkleSalad thank you so much for your reply, it was most helpful, especially the links! <3

I have a question regarding the last paragraph of your post, though. I only later realized that in my post I worded it in a misleading way :facepalm: but I am looking at the all event packages and not the separate day by day tickets. With that in mind, surely you can purchase the all event tickets in one sweep and not each day on its own, right? Cause otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose  of a package... :laughing: So if I want to buy just two all event tickets that would be alright in one purchase and I'll be good to go?

Also, the premium zone shown in pink is only the first 3-4 rows, right?

Yup, all event tickets are as you said, the problem is they might not include the gala so you might have to try to buy that separately, though it's not certain it will be the same as 4 years ago. 

The other thing with Japanese competitions is you can't choose where you want to sit, only what section. Some competitions separate the long and short sides into different sections and maybe they'll do it this time but it's something to prepare your heart for. :P

The other other thing is that it seems that last time all event passes were issues as "ID cards" so it might be impossible to sell tickets to the events you're not interested in. 

36 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Thank you so much for the links! So All Event Tickets will be available to foreigners as well then?

If it's anything like last time, yup! Usually for NHK and GPF etc they're only available to Japanese fans because they distribute them with an app that requires a Japanese mobile phone number (:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:) but I think there'd be hell to deal with if they did that for Worlds so I hopefully they stick to the old system. Last time official practices were also included in the all event pass, too! (The gala thing is such a pain, though. I hope they change it.)

16 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

If it's anything like last time, yup! Usually for NHK and GPF etc they're only available to Japanese fans because they distribute them with an app that requires a Japanese mobile phone number (:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:) but I think there'd be hell to deal with if they did that for Worlds so I hopefully they stick to the old system. Last time official practices were also included in the all event pass, too! (The gala thing is such a pain, though. I hope they change it.)

Omg yay!! Will sit at my computer and refresh constantly once the information is published.

I know, right? Bummer about the passes, though, if you can't sell your unused tickets. I actually found a Japanese change.org petition asking that they stop selling all event passes and just sell by discipline instead because everyone who's just going for HanyuHanyuHanyu men's, eg., leave all these empty seats for pairs and ice dance that fans of those disciplines can't buy. I think that's kind of sensible, really. I'd buy a men's SP+FS package. 

В 17.03.2018 в 17:25, SparkleSalad сказал:

Ticket information for both Japanese and foreign fans will be available once the official website is launched. Don't worry about missing it - everyone will go nuts once info is out. :)

In the meanwhile, here's the ticket info from 2014 worlds website:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140307073306/http://www.wfc2014.jp:80/english/tickets

https://web.archive.org/web/20140305100751/http://www.e-tix.jp:80/wfc2014oversea/wfc2014oversea.html

Things to note:

Premium seats were not available as all event passes.

The gala was not included in all event passes (big problem for foreign fans outlined below.)

The etix website for foreign ticket sales only allows you to purchase 2 tickets at a time for one day at a time. You can't add multiple days to your cart but must complete checkout before purchasing tickets for another day. Unfortunately, even if you are lucky enough to get a ticket (they literally sell out in seconds) all the other tickets will likely be sold out by the time you try to buy them. 

Am I right and there wasn't single event tickets, only for a whole day and all event?

I really hope there will be just e-tickets for foreigners without ID check so it will be easier to sell if needed.

Anyway I'll try my luck with all event tickets at first.

I can also try to ask some Japanese friends (from a friend of mine) to try a lottery on my behalf, but they can buy only mobile tickets or paper tickets too? Or maybe just to ask for Japanese mobile phone number? Can I pay from my credit card then or only Japanese one?

4 hours ago, Lunna said:

Am I right and there wasn't single event tickets, only for a whole day and all event?

I really hope there will be just e-tickets for foreigners without ID check so it will be easier to sell if needed.

Anyway I'll try my luck with all event tickets at first.

I can also try to ask some Japanese friends (from a friend of mine) to try a lottery on my behalf, but they can buy only mobile tickets or paper tickets too? Or maybe just to ask for Japanese mobile phone number? Can I pay from my credit card then or only Japanese one?

It was that way last time so it will likely be that way again this time, I think, unfortunately. I hope it changes, though. The pass exchange for the all event seems very annoying. :/ As for ID checks, at NHK they didn’t require ID for foreign etickets (they only required you to present it at a ticket booth to get it stamped) but they didn’t have all events for foreigners so who knows. I suppose we just have to wait and see. 

You can apply for the lottery through the Lawson website even if you aren’t Japanese. You just need a Japanese phone number and it doesn’t have to be a mobile if you’re applying for paper tickets. :) They accept foreign credit cards. Your Japanese friends can apply for both mobile and paper tickets and for the paper tickets either have them mailed out or collect them from the ticket machines at convenience stores.

Having someone who could lend you their phone or share a double mobile pass with you would be a dream scenario. They will probably also run lotteries for resale tickets but they’re only for Japanese people because they convert them all to mobile tickets. 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

It was that way last time so it will likely be that way again this time, I think, unfortunately. I hope it changes, though. The pass exchange for the all event seems very annoying. :/ As for ID checks, at NHK they didn’t require ID for foreign etickets (they only required you to present it at a ticket booth to get it stamped) but they didn’t have all events for foreigners so who knows. I suppose we just have to wait and see. 

You can apply for the lottery through the Lawson website even if you aren’t Japanese. You just need a Japanese phone number and it doesn’t have to be a mobile if you’re applying for paper tickets. :) They accept foreign credit cards. Your Japanese friends can apply for both mobile and paper tickets and for the paper tickets either have them mailed out or collect them from the ticket machines at convenience stores.

Having someone who could lend you their phone or share a double mobile pass with you would be a dream scenario. They will probably also run lotteries for resale tickets but they’re only for Japanese people because they convert them all to mobile tickets. 

I actually entered the NHK lottery on Lawson with my own mobile number, though I didn't win, so no idea if I would have encountered problems with the paper tickets.

I don't know if I dare try this again. Then again...

(I remember at NHK some people selling tickets were giving phones along with them, too... no idea if as a loan or what... I didn't really dare ask ^_^; )

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I actually entered the NHK lottery on Lawson with my own mobile number, though I didn't win, so no idea if I would have encountered problems with the paper tickets.

I don't know if I dare try this again. Then again...

(I remember at NHK some people selling tickets were giving phones along with them, too... no idea if as a loan or what... I didn't really dare ask ^_^; )

The phone number is just like a verification code for paper tickets, I think. Eg. if you try to enter the lottery more than once the only thing that stops you is using the same phone number (and email, I think) - you can use the same name and birthday, eg. Not sure if you need to enter it on the machine when you go to collect your tickets but definitely they don't require it to be a working phone number. 

That's incredible about the phones. O_O I guess Japan really is a very trustworthy place, or maybe they would swap phones? idk. 

Oh, God this is going to be so stressful.. :judgmental: thank you for  sharing all these infos so far!

So all event and single tickets will be sold from the same day or as usual first the all event and later the single tickets?