Team Russia

The person may be dyslexic, there was Zhenay too.

Fay said:
There you go - Eteri's interview has been translated.

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index. ... ne.101210/

Thank you Fay.

There are so many things in this interview, goodness! She is some lady.

About the parents bit, I actually hear what she is saying and I think she's not really contradictory. She wants the parents absolutely involved as support for the skater off-rink and to stay away from the coaching part, which belongs to Eteri and team. This is the best combination. Of course, there are real world issues that may prevent the parent from being deeply involved in terms of being physically present for practices but it really is super difficult without parental support.

The whole skaters are children off rink too is I think correct. Their world is skating, practice because that is how it must be for a top notch athlete but with the pressures and everything else, adults on ice.

The whole blind obedience thing is interesting. I wonder how she'd handle Yuzuru. What I mean is, partially, I again understand her. Especially when they are kids and then further, they should listen and not buck. It's tough to understand then and it's often safer to just go along what the coach says. Later it's good to have that trust as the sports gets more complicated and more dangerous.

And we know she allows some things Zhenya wants, so she's not a tyrant who says no to everything. I guess once the skater is already listening she probably loosens the reins a little. I almost want to see her with Yuzuru. It'd be hilarious because the way he can dig in ... but then, I am not sure Yuzuru is truly typical for a skater, or an Asian skater. Shoma would do very well with her for example.

I don't like the airing the dirty laundry in public but boy, I think she's just blunt to the point of rudeness with pretty much brutal honesty. I actually don't mind, I work just fine with people like that but I think she needs both PR coaching and someone needs to get her into a sports psychology class. Or five. She's smart, she obvious works hard, I think she cares for her skaters no matter her language usage and I think she cares a great deal but basically I have the same objection to her that I always had - as an adult she should recognize the skaters who do not function well with her personality type and either pass them on to someone else in the group or overall.

One thing is not very correct. Yuzuru always brings his luggage by himself even at the competitions. :p

Fancam at WC 2017 here:

Yes he does abuse Brian and Mr Kikuchi to bring his Pooh. But Pooh is hardly a luggage.

Another thing, Yuzuru is very motivated to practice and improve. But he is too emotional I doubt that Eteri can handle him. Girls are better at calming themselves down. Boys are not. Someone like Tracy is better at calming Yuzuru down than Eteri for sure.

Not to mention, Yuzuru has always been AGAINST his coaches. Tracy, Brian and Grisland's main job is to restrain him actually.

It seems Elena Radionova has finished her choreography with Shay Lynne Bourne. No idea what the music is, though.

That pose makes me go modern! in my head. Or at least not slow and calm.

I think so too, so I'm looking forward to sassy Lena! She's great at interpretation - hope she manages her jumps too.

I think so too, so I'm looking forward to sassy Lena! She's great at interpretation - hope she manages her jumps too.

Definitely, Radio has got that one down! Here's hoping the jumps are fine, she did look in better form at WTT already so we'll see!

One thing is not very correct. Yuzuru always brings his luggage by himself even at the competitions. :p

Fancam at WC 2017 here:

Yes he does abuse Brian and Mr Kikuchi to bring his Pooh. But Pooh is hardly a luggage.

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Another thing, Yuzuru is very motivated to practice and improve. But he is too emotional I doubt that Eteri can handle him. Girls are better at calming themselves down. Boys are not. Someone like Tracy is better at calming Yuzuru down than Eteri for sure.

Not to mention, Yuzuru has always been AGAINST his coaches. Tracy, Brian and Grisland's main job is to restrain him actually.

makes me imagine Tracy, Brian, Ghislain's face every morning before they head in: :hachimaki:

Must Not Allow The Boy To Do Illegal Things Today. Must. Be. Strong.

(sorry OT)

It seems Elena Radionova has finished her choreography with Shay Lynne Bourne. No idea what the music is, though.

You can see so much sass and pizazz flowing out of her even in a still picture. I hope the growing has stagnated and she can finally rise to her full potential! :pbow:

Hannah said:
Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov decided not to get back to competitions next season. But they will take part in shows.

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1050988559.html (russian source)

Well, honesty, I never believed they would. Trankov has lost his zeal for competition. Though all they're saying is that they won't compete in the first half of the season, as I gather, so theoretically, they could start later. But I don't believe they will.