Team Russia

Dara said:
There is long (very long) interview with Eteri http://rsport.ru/interview/20170505/1120015384.html

She mentions Yuzu couple of times, but mostly it's about her own coaching methods, students who left her etc.

IMO from this interview she comes across as insecure, and she basically says "There are two opinions - mine and wrong". Still an interesting read (sorry, I can't translate it, my English in not that good). And even if she mentioned recently Yuzu as a skater who'd she love to work with, it would never work for him. He is a man of strong character, she calls her students 'work material' and 'products'.

Yeah, I read that article and I was appalled by it, honestly - her skaters are not given any right to be individuals with different issues, but they have to be pawns. Yeah, and she does sound bitter when she speaks about Yulia or Adian.

And she misunderstands Yuzu quite badly, I think - he's not the type just to do what he's told to do. He'll question it all right...

I'd translate the article, but I feel pretty sure that there will be a translation of it in FSUniverse soon enough. We just wait. I find it hard to go through that text, sorry. If no translation surfaces, I'll do it by and by.

And she misunderstands Yuzu quite badly, I think - he's not the type just to do what he's told to do. He'll question it all right...

Totally agree with you. She seems like she doesn't understand/know him at all. She appreciates his hard work and she sees only this side of him comparing him to russian men but she would never be able to support him mentally like Brian does.

Fay said:
Dara said:
There is long (very long) interview with Eteri http://rsport.ru/interview/20170505/1120015384.html

She mentions Yuzu couple of times, but mostly it's about her own coaching methods, students who left her etc.

IMO from this interview she comes across as insecure, and she basically says "There are two opinions - mine and wrong". Still an interesting read (sorry, I can't translate it, my English in not that good). And even if she mentioned recently Yuzu as a skater who'd she love to work with, it would never work for him. He is a man of strong character, she calls her students 'work material' and 'products'.

Yeah, I read that article and I was appalled by it, honestly - her skaters are not given any right to be individuals with different issues, but they have to be pawns. Yeah, and she does sound bitter when she speaks about Yulia or Adian.

I'd translate the article, but I feel pretty sure that there will be a translation of it in FSUniverse soon enough. We just wait. I find it hard to go through that text, sorry. If no translation surfaces, I'll do it by and by.

Honestly! I get that it is a business after all and her skating school needs results to support it, but if it's at the expense of her students (if she even regards them as such - maybe I should've used 'products'?) being stripped away of any identity and potential growth in maturity, then I just cannot agree with that method at all. It sounds morally wrong to me.

Finely-tuned products her students may be, but that also means there's no differentiation between any of them, and it's really easy to discard of faulty models. This line of teaching does not care for the skater in ways I'd expect coaches to. But of course since her skaters are so successful (for now), I guess identity is overrated anyway, as the current figure skating system seems to favour judging more based on a checklist and less on aesthetics apparently :whiteflag:

We don't speak of her team's past failures of course, they were disposable prototypes sacrificed for a greater and it's finally bearing fruit, so all is good

Sotnikova's got a slight injury and is treating some old injuries of hers. They'll decide after May 20th what they're going to do.

Oh boy, the stars just don't want to align for her for a second time, it seems :sad:

Wishing all the best for her and her future, whatever she may choose to pursue after this quad

Sotnikova's got a slight injury and is treating some old injuries of hers. They'll decide after May 20th what they're going to do.

Oh boy, the stars just don't want to align for her for a second time, it seems :sad:

Wishing all the best for her and her future, whatever she may choose to pursue after this quad

Well, let's hope it's a minor injury. I'd heard rumours of it for quite some time, though.

And speaking about Eteri article... Adian was really hurt and offended by it and put out a comment in ask. com he quickly deleted then - but which showed how incensed he was. Poor boy. The only one to come with a bunch of flowers and the one to get outed as a moody stropper throwing his skates away regularly. I wish Eteri would learn not to disclose such details - in the long run, it harms her reputation more than she's aware.

And speaking about Eteri article... Adian was really hurt and offended by it and put out a comment in ask. com he quickly deleted then - but which showed how incensed he was. Poor boy. The only one to come with a bunch of flowers and the one to get outed as a moody stropper throwing his skates away regularly. I wish Eteri would learn not to disclose such details - in the long run, it harms her reputation more than she's aware.

Wow! May I ask what was his comment? I feel so sorry for him. Even if what she said was true, it reflects worse on her than him, really. He was just a teenager dealing with puberty and real back problems and who knows what else.

Somebody said: А ты молодец, что вовремя свалил из дурдома (more or less: that was a right decision to leave that asylum!)

Adian replied: После такого даже возражать и защищать это место не хочу, так что спасибо (After this, I don't even want to try and object and defend the place (the Sambo Sports Club), so thank you!

Plushenko's Academy's trying to get this girl to jump 4Lo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTq7lUjlkNV/

Wow, the world gone nuts ! Do you realise guys that we are talking about ladies quads? The quad fever got viral. How long it will pass before we are gonna see a lady adding a quad in her program and landing it corect, no UR or anything else. It seems like the russian ladies do better with the quads and the ladies from TJ are harnessing 3A. And everything is developing so fast. :omg:

Plushenko's Academy's trying to get this girl to jump 4Lo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTq7lUjlkNV/

Wow, the world gone nuts ! Do you realise guys that we are talking about ladies quads? The quad fever got viral. How long it will pass before we are gonna see a lady adding a quad in her program and landing it corect, no UR or anything else. It seems like the russian ladies do better with the quads and the ladies from TJ are harnessing 3A. And everything is developing so fast. :omg:

A decade+ ago the ladies seemed like they also had quad fever, landing them in practice cleanly, but it never beared fruit in competition (Sasha, Miki, Joannie, Bonaly, Meissner, etc). Only Miki has ever gotten one ratified (and it wasn't even round, but that's another story). So I'm not holding my breath. I'll believe it when I see it :s_whiteflag

There you go - Eteri's interview has been translated.

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index. ... ne.101210/

Yuzu's mentioned in this part

AS: It's typical for our country. It's quite different abroad.

ET: It differs. Take Hanuy - everything is done for him, even someone carries his bag. Not because he is so spoiled, but because he does not need to think of anything outside the rink. He is only focused on warming up and skating.

There you go - Eteri's interview has been translated.

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index. ... ne.101210/

Yuzu's mentioned in this part

AS: It's typical for our country. It's quite different abroad.

ET: It differs. Take Hanuy - everything is done for him, even someone carries his bag. Not because he is so spoiled, but because he does not need to think of anything outside the rink. He is only focused on warming up and skating.

Another mention:

AS: So why there were no successful Japanese skaters in the past? It all started with Takeshi honda in the end of 90s.

ET: The process began then, the results came later. They put more money in the skating and the skaters, including Yuzuru Hanuy got a chance to practice abroad. They also realized they should not close within the country. Or in Asia in general. Almost all the Asian skaters left their countries at some point and continued their career abroad.

Kinda ot: why "Hanuy"?! It bugs me every single time!