Team Russia

1 hour ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

She lost her dad before the Sochi Olympics, and her mom is diagnozed with cancer right before PyeongChang. Sigh. She is so strong.

That’s why she’s still bellyaching about students who left her “in a strange way”. Publicly again. That’s a proof of strength. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

That’s why she’s still bellyaching about students who left her “in a strange way”. Publicly again. That’s a proof of strength. 

It’s unbelievable how much she had to go through. This past year must be so hard for her given her mom’s health. Can you imagine if you were in her shoes? It must hurt so so much. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:After reading this, I just thought no wonder some people are successful; they have to fight through so much more pain than others. 

It must also be hard to break into the Russian skating circle as a new coach, since you are taking away other people’s benefits. I still think she doesn’t have enough resources to offer her students. A lot more coaches are better connected and can offer their students great opportunities both in and outside of skating. 

33 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

It’s unbelievable how much she had to go through. This past year must be so hard for her given her mom’s health. Can you imagine if you were in her shoes? It must hurt so so much. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:After reading this, I just thought no wonder some people are successful; they have to fight through so much more pain than others. 

It must also be hard to break into the Russian skating circle as a new coach, since you are taking away other people’s benefits. I still think she doesn’t have enough resources to offer her students. A lot more coaches are better connected and can offer their students great opportunities both in and outside of skating. 

Is there any reason you say that? Any information you have that the rest of us don't have easily accessible?

Eteri is definitely a strong woman, but I doubt anybody reaches that level of success without being incredibly strong. And everybody has tragedies in their lives. A lot of people don't have to imagine being in Eteri's shoes dealing with a loved one's illness and death, it happens very often to a great many people. The vast majority of people, especially women because they're still expected to be primary carers when family is ailing, know exactly how it feels and they manage to get through it and be strong. Many of them manage to do this without causing harm to others in their life by dragging them on national media, however. 

3 hours ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

I recently lost a family member to cancer and I feel for her. It’s a terrible illness and seeing a loved one suffer and knowing their condition is so severe is a horrible situation to be in.

That being said she had no business in publicly blaming Evgenia for her own unhappiness. She’s putting to blame a teenager for her struggles and for adding more hardships to the illness of her parents, how is that okay? If you love and care for someone you don’t try to make them feel guilty for your state of mind in a public forum. Especially after what Evgenia has said about how she struggled with food and her body image while in Russia.