Team Russia

1 hour ago, turquoiseblue said:

This interview is gold. Sasha is so ambitious. She started learning the -3Lo combo because she wanted to beat other girls and since they were all doing -3T combos, she wanted to one-up them. If her mentality continues like this, she's going to go far, whether or not she keeps all of the quads she has learned or might learn through puberty. She's got a good, hungry mind. 

Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Zhenya WD from Milan ... :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Have a good rest!! You will come back stronger than ever :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: :10742289: :10742288: :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Evgenia Medvedeva withdrew from World Championships 2018

Based on the results of a medical examination made at the end of last week, the doctors concluded that in order to avoid possible surgical intervention, Medvedeva must strictly limit the specific loads on her foot that occur during most of jump elements. Terms are from 4 to 8 weeks. When this condition is met, Evgenia is allowed to continue training in the gym and on the ice.

Ilia Averbukh: There’s nothing wrong with missing the World Championships. The main start of the season was the Olympic Games, and this World Championships does not have such a great importance, it’s already claims for the next season. Now the most important thing is to recover and start preparing for the next season.

2 часа назад, Mastyaeva сказал:

Zhenya is participating in today's Russian talk show together with Ekaterina Bobrova (this is a recording) 

Ok, RIP me for watching this (I forgot that this is a hilarious comedy show). This was literally five minutes of Bobrova telling funny stories, including the one telling which music they played to help Zhenya finally pass all doping test. I can't believe this really can be discussed on TV. :ohno:

47 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I... don't know what I just watched but can Misha and Boyang have a dance-off? :smiley-laughing021:

....Imagine the men having a dance off. Yuzu, Boyang, Mikhail would all get into it. Cha would initially resist but end up being dragged into it by Yuzu. Shoma would try to resisit and either a) successfully fall asleep or b) cave in after half an hour. Nathan would just shake his head from the boards.

1 hour ago, raebia said:

You know, I want a happy Mikhail somewhere on this Worldˋs podium..

edit: do you think this is completely impossible?

Me too.  I would like him to podium, if not win. He'd already be a bronze medalist if I had my way in Boston.  Nothing against Boyang because I was fine with his bronze in Helsinki. It just depends on where Misha's head is at.  It's a bummer for me because he is my favorite jumper to watch behind Yuzu, but all 4 performances I attended in PyeongChang were sub-par. He deserves a good competition before the season is out! 

Guest turquoiseblue

Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic champion has no right to make mistakes

Your former coach Elena Buyanova told me that before the Olympic Games in Sochi you did not have a single, even a tiny injury – all the muscles were so thoroughly prepared for work.

– I agree, it really was so.

And then, when you slightly “let go” yourself, injuries appeared.

– There’s truth in this. I missed the World Championships after the Games. Then there were shows to which I was invited, then I was given a month off. Our family went to Paris, then to Turkey. I have never rested like this in my life. Has received huge pleasure from rest, from food, from possibility not to do anything and not to think about anything. Full relax.

It was very difficult to take a grip and started to train again. It was hard to loose weight. By the beginning of the season, I regained shape, I lost weight, in a word, everything was fine. And then there was an injury – a partial rupture of the ligament of the right leg.

At that time my mind also made it difficult. No matter how many times you say that you need to throw away the thought that you are an Olympic champion, it’s still constantly spinning in your head. You have a gold medal, the whole world is bubbling around you, they call you everywhere, invite you. If something does not work out, the most unpleasant thing begins. Because you can not even speak out. You’re an Olympic champion, you do not have the right to make a mistake. There is a feeling that everyone around you thinks only about that.

But the Olympic champions are not robots. They also have a soul, body that is constantly changing. Each time this is a new sensation on the ice. One day everything hurts, the other day you lose weight, then you gain weight, and this may not be related to how much you eat. And most importantly, you never know how long this will last and what you will have to face tomorrow. And no one is insured of this.

To be honest, do you want to come back to sport?

– Yes. I also constantly ask myself this question. Yes, there are a lot of shows where I am invited and where I like to perform. But every time I watch competitions, I want to bash my head against the wall. I miss sport so much that I am ready to give up everything just to return at least the shape I had once.

If you really feel that you are ready to come back and compete, maybe it makes sense to think about options how not to waste your nerves on the fight for getting into the national team?

– You mean to change the country?

Exactly.

– This is the easiest way. Everyone can go the easy way. There is Italy, or Georgia. Moreover, I was offered such options.

And?

– Thank you, I will decline. I’m an Olympic champion in figure skating, which played for Russia and, if I return, then only to continue to represent Russia. In this respect, I am a patriot. To change citizenship in order to have an opportunity to go to a certain championship? I’d rather fight to go there from my country.

The main thing that I realized during this time, that everything depends on me. Not on Zhenya, not on Elena Germanovna, not on agents, not on parents, or on anyone else. Only on me and my desire to return.

On 2018. 03. 15. at 3:53 AM, HyperBiellmann said:

Btw, can I ask you guys something? Why is Zhenya's replacement for Worlds Konstantinova? .-.

I think it's because she placed higher than the others at nationals. She was 4th but since the 3rd is Alena, I guess the 3rd spot went to Konstantinova