Team Russia

You can see so much sass and pizazz flowing out of her even in a still picture. I hope the growing has stagnated and she can finally rise to her full potential! :pbow:

Agreed. Yes, Elena has horrible posture and she skates a bit jerky, but I just can't help loving this girl for all the commitment, fire and drive she has. And she knows how to sell her stuff like few others! Hopefully the growth spurt is over and she can get her jumps better under control again. If she manages that, she still has chances to make that Olympic team (and I would lover her to go to the Olys, but then I want more than 3 other Russian girls too :cry: )

And it's great news that Polya is keeping her SP. I don't think the choreography is super amazing, but it's nice enough, and it shows her qualities really well. It's also evident that she really connected to it. All the best for next season Polya, please stay healthy :pbow:

And thank you to everyone who's providing news and updates for the unknowing rest of us (like me ^^) :pbow: :pbow: :pbow:

Uhm, I have to confess that I'm a bit underwhelmed by Polina's SP this season :cry:

I mean it's nice, and she's lovely, but the choreography doesn't do her justice imo. I think she's capable of something much more complex and vibrant!

But of course if she's saving all of it for the LP then, well, I guess I could live with this :yes:

Rise like a phoenix Polina! (and stay away from abur.. - sorry can't spell his name ORZ) :rofl2:

Uhm, I have to confess that I'm a bit underwhelmed by Polina's SP this season :cry:

I mean it's nice, and she's lovely, but the choreography doesn't do her justice imo. I think she's capable of something much more complex and vibrant!

But of course if she's saving all of it for the LP then, well, I guess I could live with this :yes:

Rise like a phoenix Polina! (and stay away from abur.. - sorry can't spell his name ORZ) :rofl2:

Averbukh, you mean?

Averbukh, you mean?

Haha, yes

My brain refuses to take in anything related to him, you see :smile:

(and stay away from abur.. - sorry can't spell his name ORZ) :rofl2:

I call him Averblah for similar reasons :grin:

(And because his interviews are a lot of blah blah to me, sorry potential Aver...blah supporters here!)

Plushenko's instagram promises:

A couple of days ago there was a program on Japanese television. The Japanese, as always, get at the root! I couldn't even imagine 7 years ago how right I was! ) I am pleased that after Vancouver, just after I was the only one among all the sportsmen in the short and long program who made the 4T-3T cascade and became only the second, the rules of Figure Skating changed and the base value of quadruple jumps increased! My task as a coach that not only boys, but also girls would make quadruple jumps! This is the future! I am sure that at the Olympic Games in Korea men will fight for the first place with 5 quadruple jumps! At the Olympic Games 2022 women with make two quadruple jumps and two 3.5 Axels so to get the gold medal! The level is extremely high, but one should never give up and try to reach it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTyQvP5At_O/

Plushy is very enthusiastic and rah rah, I am so happy to see him being this excited as a coach.

And heck, he certainly knows more than I do. I so would not mind seeing that, let me tell you (the 2022 bit).

I love Plushy to death. He is funny and have a great personality. But IIRC, he's not the only one who did quad+triple in Vancouver. He's maybe the one who succeed as Lambiel put a foot down in the SP and only managed a quad+double and then has two quads scheduled in LP but head cased(is that even a word?)and bombed. Even then almost managed to snag away Daisuke's bronze :rofl2: Sorry Dai :devil:

Aaaaand looks like he didn't changed a bit. A program only consisists of jumps jumps and more jumps with some hip thusts here and there.

Plushenko's instagram promises:

A couple of days ago there was a program on Japanese television. The Japanese, as always, get at the root! I couldn't even imagine 7 years ago how right I was! ) I am pleased that after Vancouver, just after I was the only one among all the sportsmen in the short and long program who made the 4T-3T cascade and became only the second, the rules of Figure Skating changed and the base value of quadruple jumps increased! My task as a coach that not only boys, but also girls would make quadruple jumps! This is the future! I am sure that at the Olympic Games in Korea men will fight for the first place with 5 quadruple jumps! At the Olympic Games 2022 women with make two quadruple jumps and two 3.5 Axels so to get the gold medal! The level is extremely high, but one should never give up and try to reach it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTyQvP5At_O/

:xD: :nah: :roll: