Team Russia

Well, not sure. The Japanese and the Canadians will have something to say. And they should!

Well, I think I trust Russian girls a bit more but I hope Japanese and canadians girls do well so we will have exicting competions next season :D

Well, not sure. The Japanese and the Canadians will have something to say. And they should!

Well, I think I trust Russian girls a bit more but I hope Japanese and canadians girls do well so we will have exicting competions next season :D

The other russian girls aren't as consistent as Alina and Zhenya...I think at least 2 japanese girls have a chance, depending on GP assignments. Wouldn't surprised to see Gabbi or Kaitlyn make it. We need to see what happens with Anna, as well as Elena.

It'd be easier to see 4 russian juniors at jgpf imo.

Other than Evgenia, Alina and maybe Mai, all other girls could be inconsistent at some points. Gabby and Osmond's weakness are their LP, especially Osmond. I think Lena still have a good chance, as for others, I agree we need to see how they will do.

Other than Evgenia, Alina and maybe Mai, all other girls could be inconsistent at some points. Gabby and Osmond's weakness are their LP, especially Osmond. I think Lena still have a good chance, as for others, I agree we need to see how they will do.

I guess Satoko would have a chance as well, if she's back in good shape. I think a lot will depend on GP assignments, considering that Wakaba and Marin might be the darkhorse for a place on the podium. I would have seen Polina as a potential finalist, but considering her physical conditions I don't think I should place my expectations on her :cry:

I don't see Elena as a candidate yet...we'll have to see what Buyanova manages to do, because she had problems on both jumps and spins this season so...

Yes the canadian girls aren't that consistent, but I do think that this season might help them improve their mindsets tbh.

On the other hand, Eteri has a chance to place 4 juniors in the jgpf.

And two of them with quads :wink:

While it's nice to see in principle, lets see if the girls keep those quads as they grow up. Eteri herself talked about this even in regards to Alina this past season, never minds quads.

And two of them with quads :wink:

While it's nice to see in principle, lets see if the girls keep those quads as they grow up. Eteri herself talked about this even in regards to Alina this past season, never minds quads.

Right. But for now both Eteri and Daniil confirmed that quads are stable and they plan to put them in programs next season. I agree with you that we probably won't see those jumps on senior level.

But there's a big chance that we will see them at JGP events (unless girls will grow up this summer)

Are these good quads with actual height or just jumps like triples but with faster rotations?

Faster rotations

Which makes me rather sceptical about these quads.

Which makes me rather sceptical about these quads.

Mmm hmm.

I mean it's all well and good to be great in Juniors (I am not putting it down, it's hell of an achievement) but they are all there with the ambition to turn Senior and then make an impact. We've seen so many promising names who just slowly faded away for numerous reasons, puberty, injury, plain bad luck...

It'll be interesting watching Junior ladies in the upcoming season but there's a reason why I don't get attached to Juniors :smile:

There is long (very long) interview with Eteri http://rsport.ru/interview/20170505/1120015384.html

She mentions Yuzu couple of times, but mostly it's about her own coaching methods, students who left her etc.

IMO from this interview she comes across as insecure, and she basically says "There are two opinions - mine and wrong". Still an interesting read (sorry, I can't translate it, my English in not that good). And even if she mentioned recently Yuzu as a skater who'd she love to work with, it would never work for him. He is a man of strong character, she calls her students 'work material' and 'products'.