Team Russia

Guest turquoiseblue

"It can only be held among suspended athletes. If competitions are not agreed with the ISU, then foreigners will not be able to participate, they will get banned." Trankov and Bobrova on possibility for Russians to hold their own Grand Prix
English translation by FS Gossips

Maxim Trankov: Own Grand Prix can only be held among suspended athletes – among Russians and Belarusians. If competitions are not agreed with the ISU, then foreigners will not be able to participate in such competitions, they will get banned. How to solve all these nuances, it’s hard for me to say. But since the Ministry of Sports is working on this idea, it means that they are working on this issue.

As a last resort, you can invite to the Grand Prix those who no longer compete and have lost their professional status. For example, at the beginning of the season a similar event is held in Japan, but I think it is agreed with the ISU.

As for the prize fund, if Russian athletes do not have competitions, then the amount of motivational prize fund of our own Grand Prix does not matter.

Ekaterina Bobrova: I heard about this. But you need to take into account that, most likely, these competitions will not be held under the auspices of the ISU, which means that the scores will not count and the international rating of the athlete will not increase.

Given the current attitude towards Russian sports, given the cancellation of the Grand Prix stage in Russia, there is a very high chance that countries that accept an invitation to participate in open competitions hosted by Russia will most likely face sanctions from the International Skating Union.

This is a big question if we want to hold an event with the participation of athletes from other countries. You should not go against the international federation, you need to look for loopholes so that the interests of the athletes of each of the participating countries are taken into account.

The best skaters in the world compete in the Grand Prix, and when we create an event, it is unlikely that athletes from the USA, Canada, France and other countries who opposed the Grand Prix stage in Moscow will come.

Therefore, it is unlikely to be the strongest competitions, but the Grand Prix without Russia will look very poor, because the Russians dragged them to the highest level in some disciplines.

I hope only Russian and Belarusian skaters will participate in this "Grand Prix" :fingerscrossed:

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

Maybe she would be better thinking before she says something offensive about queuing at migration centres...8 million people fleeing Ukraine (largely women and children, many traumatised) are the ones who have been queuing, facing uncertain futures in unknown countries...trying to come to terms with so many losses. Russian athletes on pedestals are not the priority I'm afraid. I do accept that there are reasonable debates about athletes in sports such as tennis, where mostly the athlete is representing themselves rather than their country, not being penalised for government action, but I think Zhenya has again been highly insensitive with the words she has chosen.

9 hours ago, Pammi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe she would be better thinking before she says something offensive about queuing at migration centres...8 million people fleeing Ukraine (largely women and children, many traumatised) are the ones who have been queuing, facing uncertain futures in unknown countries...trying to come to terms with so many losses. Russian athletes on pedestals are not the priority I'm afraid. I do accept that there are reasonable debates about athletes in sports such as tennis, where mostly the athlete is representing themselves rather than their country, not being penalised for government action, but I think Zhenya has again been highly insensitive with the words she has chosen.

Spoiler

I saw that and I wasn't even sure what she meant by 'queuing at migration centres'. Is she actually talking about Russian athletes at all? B/c as far as I know, no Russian athlete has had to do any such thing...only the Ukrainians.

Guest turquoiseblue
On 6/8/2022 at 5:49 PM, Pammi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh no, Zhenya...why... I'm speechless... :59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue

The Swedish Figure Skating Federation called to cancel a master class with Alexandra Trusova and called it a risk of serious damage for the Swedish figure skating.
FS Gossips

22 July 2022

“The Swedish Figure Skating Federation calls on Djurgården’s IF Figure Skating to immediately and no later than Friday 22 July 2022:

Cancel your planned activity Master Class 27-28 August 2022 in Husby ice rink with Russian figure skater Alexandra Trusova because it goes against the foundation of the association’s values and risks seriously damaging Swedish figure skating.”

Trusova’s master class was organized by a figure skating store LOOP SPORT and the Stockholm figure skating club.

LOOP STORE posted:

“It is with deep regret that we have to cancel TRU2.OVS this year.

As the Swedish figure skating feteretion recommended not to pursue this project atthe moment, the Hosting Club has to gove it up now even though Miss Trusova comes to Sweeden as an individual sportsman with the knowledge many strive to learn.

WE had an 80% sold out event in less than 2 weeks which shows the support you all have for figure skating and Miss Trusova as an individual athlete.

LOOP SPORT’s vision is to inspire you to aim as high as you can in every facet of your life and to be the best version of yourself while doing so.

That is why we support all of you amazing individual athletes, and also Alexandra Trusova for an outstanding personality she is, not afraid to challenge stereotypes and so-called traditions.

Alexandra will claim her place in world history as she brought female figure skating to a new horizon, making a peaceful revolution. She comes from Russia, but she belongs to the world of progress and the future of mankind. More so, she was never involved in any political project, being focused ONLY on what she is doing in her life – art of figure skating

We hope to be able to invite you all again when the world allows for athletes to unite in peace and friendship. This time will come soon, we trust.”

Guest turquoiseblue
3 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Skate Ukraine's new post about this scandalous event:
How Trusova master-class got cancelled :grouphug:

You can learn about how the civilized community reacted :clapping-smiley:and what russian experts had to say... :sick:

Chilling……. has she no idea of how this sounds outside Russia?  I might boycott ISU competitions if someone this blatant manages to get back in.  Are they ever going to tackle the doping issue that arose at Beijing?  Or will it just lapse after being overtaken by the war in Ukraine?