Team Russia

On 9/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, Melodie said:

Will there be any troubles for Russian athletes coming to IDF and SCI?

as far as coming to Canada, not unless the government decides they'll be bringing COVID in with them...to my knowledge there's no ban on Russian entry to Canada at the moment.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, Fay said:

Evgenia Medvedeva has entered Moscow State University, Higher School of Policy in Culture and Management in the Sphere of Humanities.  No idea what sort of degree she is going to do. So… I don’t think she’ll much time left for extracurricular activities like competitive skating. 

She already said earlier she was taking this season off from competition. Then she gave that interview that said her lung function dropped to 48% when she had COVID. IMO she's still recovering and whether she ever comes back remains to be seen. But I'm glad she's decided to further her education, that will always be useful.

14 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

as far as coming to Canada, not unless the government decides they'll be bringing COVID in with them...to my knowledge there's no ban on Russian entry to Canada at the moment.

Yeah, but I read that you need to be vaccinated in order to get to Canada and/or 10-day quarantine, and Sputnik is not approved yet by the Canadian gov. 

But then again, like you said, there is no indication about any bans of sort so who knows. 

Are they strict about the first two tho? Or sort of relaxed like the Italian?

9 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Are they strict about the first two tho? Or sort of relaxed like the Italian?

from what I've seen reported, even with Canadian citizens returning from abroad, they've been fairly strict up 'til now. If you can't show good proof of vaccination to the customs and border agent, you will be told to quarantine.

That being said, the quarantine is proving difficult to enforce at times. The authorities are mostly trusting people to do the right thing and stay home. However, a group of foreign athletes would probably attract attention, so people would definitely notice and start to ask questions if a large contingent of foreign skaters suddenly showed up and didn't seem to be observing quarantine.

On the other hand, now that the borders have been opened to international travel again, I suspect Health Canada will be in a hurry to review Sputnik and Sinovac and so on, and make a decision on approval or not. So by the end of October, the way may be clear. Possibly.

11 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Ksenia said she got it when it was easy enough to get one, so probably not recently? 

Good for her and Alexandra tho. I wonder how it is going for the rest. 

6 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Ksenia said she got it when it was easy enough to get one, so probably not recently? 

Good for her and Alexandra tho. I wonder how it is going for the rest. 

That is my guess too.

On the other hand Usacheva said she can't say anything about participating in the US (meaning she doesn't have a visa yet?)

Kolyada sounds angry about the questions about his new SP. Apparently he has no idea what the program is about:

14 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

That is my guess too.

On the other hand Usacheva said she can't say anything about participating in the US (meaning she doesn't have a visa yet?)

Kolyada sounds angry about the questions about his new SP. Apparently he has no idea what the program is about:

I love Misha's exquisite skating but that program does nothing for me. If anything, it makes me kinda dislike Luciano's voice. I don't like it when such thoughts occur to me because Luciano Pavarotti is one of my all-time favorites :Poohgaveup:

Re: Daria, possibly. 

1 minute ago, Melodie said:

I love Misha's exquisite skating but that program does nothing for me. If anything, it makes me kinda dislike Luciano's voice. I don't like it when such thoughts occur to me because Luciano Pavarotti is one of my all-time favorites :Poohgaveup:

Re: Daria, possibly. 

Same for me, it made me dislike his voice, the voice that I otherwise adore. The program was made only a week ago but I'm not sure it'll be the right choice for the Olympics.

34 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Same for me, it made me dislike his voice, the voice that I otherwise adore. The program was made only a week ago but I'm not sure it'll be the right choice for the Olympics.

i loved both his progs last yr

they were simply exquisite

shame he ditched them

the free was so balletic one could see Nur hiself there

for me its such a shame if they dont come

i was looking forward to dasha, misha n daniil- this kid we can so rarely see him

i might just cancel y trip to the US if they cant make it

will think of rostelecom instead

and/or russian nats [if i can get a ticket]

My bet was more on Ignatov because of his international experience in seniors, strong tech content if he delivers + his experience at Nebelhorn where he already won a gold) or Samarin (Europeans silver medalist, international experience), but Kondratyuk is not a bad choice eithe though he doesn't have much experience in senior competitions so far, but hopefully it won't affect him too much