Team Russia

6 minutes ago, memae said:

I think she also lost a lot of weight recently, which might make her look younger (just from her frame). 

She's such a bright spark in the sport. I just really want the best for her. Seeing her cry is gut-wrenching

well, then that's just heart-breaking. i can see a coach talking like that to a young girl who needs discipline. but if it's recent, seeing her cry like that and then be berated like a little kid, knowing what her health issues are and how much she's already been through. sigh. that's just cruel.

8 hours ago, Fay said:

I think you’re referring to that Japanese documentary about Zhenya, when she was dealing with the stress fracture. 

I've seen some of the clip in question and I was under the impression that it was old footage. Zhenya looks quite different now. 

Skaters training under the guidance of Tamara Moskvina were vaccinated against coronavirus.

"Vaccination must be carried out accurately. We vaccinated all athletes, this is like a guarantee, we all were once vaccinated," said Moskvina. "So don't be afraid, even I went, I don't hear this ukolchik - not one, not the second. At any time of the day or night, come and get vaccinated, I'm not an agent of Rospotrebnadzor, but I really advise you."

https://tass.ru/sport/11070061

Aliona’s FS.

Honestly, it is better than I thought, choreo-wise, particularly the first half. Music cuts can be better, but not worse than what SLB gave her. Then again, It’s the talent of this kid that makes the program look decent. On a side note, some parts of the choreo look familiar, like I have seen them in her SLB programs? Also, some parts reminded me of YUzu’s Masquerade. 

Her flow on the ice is still so good, and her jumps (just the sal and flip here) are good too, explosive, high, far and have so much flow. Also, her leg-wrap on the Sal (and the fact that it is huge with so much extra space) makes me thing, “Hmmm, mayhaps?” 

😅😅😅😅😅

As it became known to "SE", the Russian figure skater Artem Kovalev will leave the Academy of "Angels Plushenko" because of the departure of his coach Alexander Volkov. Which school Kovalev will move to will become known in the coming days. Before the junior championship of Russia, Kovalev trained on the CSKA ice.

The skater himself refused to comment on his future: “At the moment I can’t say anything, sorry,” the athlete replied to a question from a “SE” correspondent.

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/news/figurist-kovalev-uydet-iz-akademii-plyuschenko-vsled-za-volkovym-1778114/

• 2 weeks later...

Hold your horses, Eteri is branching out to train pairs. Or it’s TM who are very desperate and want her to train them to land their jumps. 
Anyway, soon enough the whole Russian skating will be represented by Eteri 

Just now, Fay said:

Hold your horses, Eteri is branching out to train pairs. Or it’s TM who are very desperate and want her to train them to land their jumps. 
Anyway, soon enough the whole Russian skating will be represented by Eteri 

I somehow can't help feeling that this will prove disastrous. Pairs is by far the most dangerous discipline and we've already seen that safety is not Eteri's first priority with the way she drives her skaters....

fabulous for me:party0029:

Ok, but what even is this mess?

Athletes will train in Moscow, in "Khrustalny", Evgenia Tarasova, as before, will represent Tatarstan, Vladimir Morozov - "Sambo-70". 

https://www.fsrussia.ru/news/5523-evgeniya-tarasova-vladimir-morozov-v-olimpijskom-sezone-budut-gotovit-sya-pod-rukovodstvom-eteri-tutberidze-i-maksima-tran-kova.html