Team Russia

10 hours ago, Marinn said:

Tarasova: Kostornaya needs to apologize to Tutberidze all over the country.

“She loudly, to the whole country, left, now she needs to apologize to the whole country, ask and wait for the master's decision,” Tarasova said by phone.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20210303/kostornaya-1599825269.html?rcmd_alg=collaboration2&rcmd_id=1599811025

(translation into English Google translator)

Which is utterly false.

On July 17th, Alena Kostornaia decided to leave, asked Rozanov and Plushenko, then announced it to her coaches.

On July 18th, she left them and confined.

On July 31th, Eteri Tutberidze's Instagram announced it "loudly, to the whole country" with unpleasant accusations.

Alena Kostornaia didn't answer for weeks, if not months, only Plushenko corrected the calendar of his own knowledge and intervention.

Alena Kostornaia only answered much later, when things were calmed down.

Will Tatiana Tarasova apologise to the whole country?

@rockstaryuzu

Just last week, Kosto was sharply criticizing Eteri.

I didn't see it at all.

@Fay

I am so glad if they are learning dignity!

LOL, so Plush basically says that Kosto went mostly to work with Rozanov and health problems held her back a lot.

OK, will see what happens next, but I doubt she will ever be on the main team again, the field is too competitive.

Alena Kostornaya is officially back with Tutberidze, on probation, has to start jumping 3A within two months. the google translate of today’s news on Channel One: 

Spoiler

Loud return. An intrigue that was closely followed by all fans of perhaps the most beautiful sport - figure skating. Why did Alena Kostornaya once again decide to change her coach? What was the reason for the breakup with Evgeni Plushenko? And how was the skater accepted in the new-old place and what conditions were set?

Alena Kostornaya: When I trained this season, that is, in another school, I realized that I could not completely force myself to do something. That is, I understood that I would be next to Eteri Georgievna, I would do as much as necessary, and even more.

Eteri Georgievna is next to me again. This is the first training session at Khrustalny almost a year later. Alena is collected, she catches every word of the coaches. The system is well known to her, only the body has lost the habit of such loads.

Alena Kostornaya: The same rolling, I just rode, and I was dying, because I hadn’t been rolling at that pace for a long time. It turns out that my whole rollout has passed, there was a pulse of 198. I just thought the whole roll: "Lord, if I survive the roll, I will survive the rest."

Now it makes her smile, because exactly a week ago it seemed to Kostornaya that there was no point in going out on the ice anymore. "After today, tomorrow is gone." Alena uttered these words, choking on tears, after a short program in the Russian Cup final, when she thought that the cameras were already turned off.

Alena Kostornaya: The sixth place in the Russian Cup final is not that offensive, it makes it clear that it is not that you did something wrong, but that everything in your life is wrong. And this needs to be changed. We must go and apologize, as it were, pacify our pride and, as it were, ask for forgiveness.

It is too early to talk about a full-fledged return to Khrustalny. After two days of negotiations, the coaching staff agreed to a probationary period until the end of the season.

Eteri Tutberidze: She must fully enter our process without any additional days off, without conditions that someone is interfering on the ice or a lot of people. Well, probably, we should define it anyway. And jump the triple axel.

The figure skating world has been discussing a possible comeback for Kostornaya for four days. The media reprint one after another insiders and rumors. After all, hardly anyone could even assume that Alena would knock on the doors of "Khrustalny" again. It was not even the loudest exit, but the escape from the group. During the training camp in Novogorsk. When the transfer window had already closed, when new programs were delivered, when she refused to go on the ice with some of the skaters.

This was followed by high-profile interviews about the new life and the reasons for the transition: "Maybe I should have moved, because now I smile more often?"

Alena Kostornaya: I may have begun to smile more, but not where it is necessary. You can smile on a pedestal, and cry somewhere in the corner and somewhere after training; or you can smile everywhere, except for the pedestal, because you just didn't get there.

Perhaps the most important question discussed by journalists and experts is why this transition is needed by Eteri Tutberidze herself? It turns out that her daughter Diana played an important role in this story.

Eteri Tutberidze: Diana was her lawyer. The daughter said: "Mom, you must give a chance." It seems to me that God ordered to give a chance after all. I do not want to keep this thought in my head, that I could give an opportunity; then the person remains, you know, with such unfulfilled hope. For the rest of my life. That is, it seems to you that you could have done something, but you were not given the opportunity.

In the Tutberidze group, Kostornaya became the European champion and the winner of the Grand Prix finals. Learned the triple axel, which we admired all last season, and set two world records for judging.

It seemed that in the new season, the vampire Kostornaya would bite her rivals even more. But the triple axel could not be restored, then there were diseases and injuries. Evgeni Plushenko believes that he and Alena did not have enough time: "I have no doubts about her future ... we let go with a clear conscience."

Perhaps viewers will still see Alena on the ice this season. And it's not just that she is the first substitute for the World Cup. The coaches hinted that there is a chance that on the show of Eteri Tutberidze Kostornaya will show the same free program with Billie Eilish, fragments of which were laid out during the production.

Will they put programs together for the Olympic season? We will find out two months after the probationary period. In the meantime, Alena has very specific goals.

Alena Kostornaya: I have to prove that I am worthy to skate in this group and I am worthy of their attention.

Been digging into the news about Kosto on Twitter a bit. 

All I can say is, if you take what Plush said about her health and what Eteri says about her training plans for Kosto, and add the two together,  it's hard not to come to the conclusion that Kosto's health is going to break in very short order and then she won't be able to skate at all. 

Also, the things Kosto herself has been saying...don't make sense. They're the words of someone so obsessed with winning that they can't handle one single setback. Finishing 6th one time, given current conditions,  is not a fail but a chance to regroup. Instead she seems to be frantically throwing herself at a wall to try and get over into podium territory again. 

This simply doesn't seem like it will end well. 

56 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Been digging into the news about Kosto on Twitter a bit. 

All I can say is, if you take what Plush said about her health and what Eteri says about her training plans for Kosto, and add the two together,  it's hard not to come to the conclusion that Kosto's health is going to break in very short order and then she won't be able to skate at all. 

Also, the things Kosto herself has been saying...don't make sense. They're the words of someone so obsessed with winning that they can't handle one single setback. Finishing 6th one time, given current conditions,  is not a fail but a chance to regroup. Instead she seems to be frantically throwing herself at a wall to try and get over into podium territory again. 

This simply doesn't seem like it will end well. 

This possibility cannot be discarded.

Yet, I am more and more inclined not to believe anything of what Evgeni Plushenko says (for instance, the free tuition, the no contract...)

It is clear and visible that she's battling with lingering CoViD effects. Hopefully they won't last too long, though of course we don't know it in advance. And given that Eteri Tutberidze gave her a 3A in the next two months as an objective, as far as I know not a run-through with a 3A, she seems to be allowing for her lungs and heart to recover when they can recover, of course while giving her the maximum of exercises she can do at the moment. And given the size of her 2A, of course I am a perfect beotian but it seems to me realistic.

This is not to say she doesn't have any less transient problem, but he evoked a stress fracture and this is usually due to an incorrect exercise pattern and may relate to her multiple transitions between off-ice and on-ice periods last season, and anyway heals; and back problems, the nature and severity of which we have no clue about. I had wondered if her off-season flexibility exercises to get Lipnitskaya/Valieva-like Biellmann spins had not been too much, and wondered what it would be if she ceased to do them. In fact we know near nothing, like for most skaters.

7 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

This possibility cannot be discarded.

Yet, I am more and more inclined not to believe anything of what Evgeni Plushenko says (for instance, the free tuition, the no contract...)

It is clear and visible that she's battling with lingering CoViD effects. Hopefully they won't last too long, though of course we don't know it in advance. And given that Eteri Tutberidze gave her a 3A in the next two months as an objective, as far as I know not a run-through with a 3A, she seems to be allowing for her lungs and heart to recover when they can recover, of course while giving her the maximum of exercises she can do at the moment. And given the size of her 2A, of course I am a perfect beotian but it seems to me realistic.

This is not to say she doesn't have any less transient problem, but he evoked a stress fracture and this is usually due to an incorrect exercise pattern and may relate to her multiple transitions between off-ice and on-ice periods last season, and anyway heals; and back problems, the nature and severity of which we have no clue about. I had wondered if her off-season flexibility exercises to get Lipnitskaya/Valieva-like Biellmann spins had not been too much, and wondered what it would be if she ceased to do them. In fact we know near nothing, like for most skaters.

Neither a stress fracture, lingering COVID effects, nor a back injury will improve under the regimen Eteri is reported to have stipulated. 

The real issue is the mental one.  Kosto's reaction to her current state of skating does not seem at all rational to me. I know elite athletes are driven and ambitious but most of them know where to draw the line. It doesn't look like she does. 

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Neither a stress fracture, lingering COVID effects, nor a back injury will improve under the regimen Eteri is reported to have stipulated. 

The real issue is the mental one.  Kosto's reaction to her current state of skating does not seem at all rational to me. I know elite athletes are driven and ambitious but most of them know where to draw the line. It doesn't look like she does. 

I feel confident about her decision. Maternal feelings maybe. I felt the same when she left, in fact. But also, even if she's too young to know herself completely, she knows herself better than we do.

She says she doesn't have the grit yet, the GOAT ballet dancer didn't have it yet at her age either, OK. And she feels confident that Eteri Tutberidze won't ask her what would be detrimental for her health, OK too.

The objective set is to do what Eteri Tutberidze tells her to do, and to recover the 3A, which seems really compatible with her health provided the exercises are proportionate to her capacities, and honestly I think that at least heart- (they are monitored, and I will send you a DM about that) and lung-wise, it shouldn't be wrong; and as to stress fracture, the sort of progressively more and more demanding exercises she will have, are more likely to improve her condition than to worsen it. There remains the back problems, and we cannot know.

There remains too, the mental issue, you're right. Now she knows that in case of panic she mustn't leave, and it won't be the first time so it may be less overwhelming, but maybe not. And she may pressure herself too much into a compliance she's unable to keep. I hope it won't happen.