Team Russia

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

Spins seem to be the only thing good left in Alina’s skating :( 

That’s the issue which has interested me for quite a while now: how will Alina cope in a show world? Her forte at 15 was her lightness and her seven jumps in the second half. Now that she’s growing older, these will have gone - and she should rely on good skating skills as foundation and good presentation skills. And seeing the former are lacking woefully, I wonder if she can sell many programs by just smiling on the ice and spinning nicely? 

1 hour ago, airi said:

I watched free skates and I have one thing to say: MARK KONDRATYUK :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

I've never seen him before and he was exquisite, where did he even come from? The best performance of the day for me.

He stood out the most in the short program and free skate here. He already skated well at Nationals and he became 3rd there (he wasn't qualified initally but after Artur WD he could compete at Nats). Maybe his name is not so familiar also because he hasn't got JGP assignments in the past seasons and he competed at smaller B events only. He trains at CSZKA with Sokolovksaya. 

8 hours ago, Fay said:

That’s the issue which has interested me for quite a while now: how will Alina cope in a show world? Her forte at 15 was her lightness and her seven jumps in the second half. Now that she’s growing older, these will have gone - and she should rely on good skating skills as foundation and good presentation skills. And seeing the former are lacking woefully, I wonder if she can sell many programs by just smiling on the ice and spinning nicely? 

True, but IMO in theory,

1) even if she doesn't have her triples, she can still do doubles

2) her SS, while lacking, can still be worked on if she really focuses on it.

3) With the right choreo I think she can still hide her issues. Whether she can have the right choreos tho is anyone's guess, because she will most likely have Danill's choreos most of the time :Poohgaveup:

Back to competition IMO is what out of the questions for her, but if she can stay pro, it'll be great. She is an engaging performer.

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

the way he jumped has that attack feel and are also really huge like Yuzu's. His skating also reminds me of little bit of Yuzu's wreckless abandonness when he was younger too. he def needs more control in his skating and jumps but the energy reminds me of little romeo at worlds12. 

Believe it or not, Yuzu is his idol. 

In this interview from January Kondratiuk said it was only last summer when he learned how to jump 4T, 4S and 4Lo too (he said he accidentally landed the 4T and 4S around 2019 Europeans but he forgot how to do them for a while). He's got the consistency with the toe-loop and salchow in a very short time then.

When asked which skaters of the past and present are close to him in style, technique, character he said from the past, it's Yagudin, from the present, Yuzu and Sasha Samarin (he likes Samarin for his character and he'd like to be like him).

18 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

....her skating always looks like that to me, tbh. 

It is getting worse with age and little practice. And some more weight than in 2018. 
But the girl was always pretty slow and clumsy on the ice. Not a Kaori Sakamoto. 

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/kubok-pervogo-kanala-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-zagitova-medvedeva-protivostoyanie-chto-budet-dalshe-so-sbornoy-rossii-chempionat-mira-1756131/

Judging by the mood of the reporting on the First Channel, the TV channel aimed to save the tournament and plans to knock the Russian and world teams against each other next year.

They consider it a success?

The free program took the 4th place among all programs with a rating of 4.5% and a share of 13.6%, behind only the Sklifosovsky TV series and two news programs. The jumping tournament, which was shown on Friday evening, was the eighth. There are five more types of programs in the top 30, and the free program for pairs became the ninth.

Lakernik said that he liked tournament, but it would be difficult to put it in the normal season calendar and may be not profitable for athletes without high prize.

https://tass.ru/sport/10647805