Team Russia

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

tomorrow

BREAKING NEWS: Yuzuru is going to Plushenko. To train Plushenko so he can go to Beijing.:roll:

He will have to refrain his awe a little then. :wink2::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

By the way, I'm still expecting a witty reaction from Eteri Tutberidze towards who scorned Alina Zagitova that much.

12 minutes ago, surimi said:

Guys, where's the talk of Rika possibly switching to Plushenko coming from? I thought people were just joking when I stumbled upon it...

Plushenko, when asked about it, didn’t altogether tule it out. 

43 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Oh no :((

I hope he's at an early stage and will recover well.

Anyway, given his growth is ongoing, I don't think he can have any hope for Beijing because he won't have time enough to stabilise quads, he will have to wait until 2026 so I hope they won't hurry to resume training.

Daniil too? I have flashback of pre-OWG Alina saying she just had to endure the pain...

Well, I'm glad they let him completely rest and then slowly resumed training, but seriously, he's a 15yo and Men's field is very different from Ladies', inside and especially outside Russia. Hope they plan long term with him.

20 hours ago, monchan said:

how is it possible that the fed never knows anything? :gaah: To think that the russian FS community is always so chatty and gossipy and always commenting (even on matters that have absolutely nothing to do with them), but then fed people always go surprised pikachu when something happens...

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

She still had last season. I don't know how it is now.

don't know, but once growth ends and with rest (or at least no more of the intense workloads she endured when competing) it should improve on its own, so she's probably past the worst of it now. Hopefully she didn't suffer long term damage.

Daniil looks like he might have a lot of growing to do, so I truly hope they'll be careful.

Trankov about T/M

We start full-fledged training on Monday, but as for the plans, then we can only speculate. Most likely, we will not participate in the Grand Prix at all.

We will remain in Russia, they will not fly to America to train, otherwise there may be problems with the return, including a two-week quarantine. So we will stay in Moscow, we will participate in the Russian Cup, for which Zhenya Tarasova stands, as well as Moscow. According to the timing for these starts they really prepare, after all the guys were three weeks without ice.

https://tass.ru/sport/9602185

Veronika is such a rare talent, she truly has explosive jumps(and lovely Lz) that have what it takes to survive puberty (since they don't rely merely on fast rotation). And she is very fexible too, so she truly has all it takes to become a great skater all around.

I can only hope they(the coaches) don't ruin her in some made dash to have her compete with loads of quads and 3As when she's still novice. Truly, coaches, please calm the f*** down!

Ok, maybe skaters like Veronika might love doing the cool tricks, but part of the role of coaches should be to put their darn foot down and think ahead, 'cause they're supposed to be the professionals, and to look at the bigger picture. Even if they only care about exploiting skaters for the medals(&sponsorships) they can get, senior WC and OWG medals are just worth so much MORE than some domestic medal. And Veronika isn't even age-eligible for 2022OWG. I think she still wouldn't be age-eligible even if OWG were postponed to Winter 2023, right? She'll have to wait till darn 2026 for a chance at OWG.