Team Russia

mmmh, Anya might be the sweetest girl in the world and coaches might not have the moral duty to warn their skaters that there's an unexpected addition to their group, but in this particular situation I wish coaches had told her something beforehand :waffle:

on lighter matters, Anya's costume is pretty, though maybe not unforgettable. The back with all the strips criss crossing is kind of signature of many Eteri skaters' costumes (I think mostly by Olga Ryabenko?). Though no matter in how many costumes I see it, I love it. And I like the skirts and arms (black fading into blue <3). I find those light blue gloves a bit...distracting? Idk why. Wonder if with see-through gloves (even coloured, like those Yuzu uses) I'd like it better. The colour of the costume reminds me a bit of Sasah's FS last season (though style is pretty different)

In other news, it looks like Alina keeps being more mature than many adults (and co-hosts) even on TV shows, so really kudos to her. Drawing attention about the hardshisps behind the pretty facade of FS is very much needed

(also, can a certain co-host be thrown away, please? No one really needs to listen to him)

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Wow. Plushenko gave a great interview. Really, one of the best ever. My respect to him. Whatever his political affiliations, he sounds like a caring coach and person. 
https://russian.rt.com/sport/article/783731-plyuschenko-mishin-medvedeva

It sounds like he really is trying to create a healthy training environment for his students. Good for him.

Does the article really keep mentioning Lysacek, or is Google translate leading me astray?

11 minutes ago, river said:

It sounds like he really is trying to create a healthy training environment for his students. Good for him.

Does the article really keep mentioning Lysacek, or is Google translate leading me astray?

Yes, it does, he just says that he doesn’t think anyone can win a Lysachek type of victory now, and so you need to get technically stronger. He speaks of Medvedeva then. 

It was a long and good interview, he sounds serious about coaching with a good vision. With great facilities, coaching staff, and talented skaters he could become a successful coach in the future. He will gain experience in the coming years, Beijing is still early imo but after that his time could come if things go well for him. 

Lol. Russia brings the drama... and Plush certainly knows how to play *the game* now that he has high profile stars, by doing interviews, posting pictures as a coach etc.. getting himself publicity so that everyone knows he's coaching more hands on now and so he becomes more high profile as a coach etc.., lol. The rest of the world may have put many competitions etc., on hold, but Russia keeps us entertained off the ice!