Team Russia

В 16.09.2020 в 22:56, LadyLou сказал:

And it's sad to think that Zhenya had opened the way for russian skaters to train abroad (under non russian coaches) and then a whole pandemic came and ruined everyone's plans

But T/M are still training abroad, maybe cuz Fed saw profit and potential last season despite mistakes. With Medo they might not see profit and don't want to pay for expensive coach abroad anymore with no good results.

So considering training abroad I think we shouldn't forget financial part, if athletes paid themselves for all, maybe Fed cared much less were they're training.

45 minutes ago, Lunna said:

But T/M are still training abroad, maybe cuz Fed saw profit and potential last season despite mistakes. With Medo they might not see profit and don't want to pay for expensive coach abroad anymore with no good results.

So considering training abroad I think we shouldn't forget financial part, if athletes paid themselves for all, maybe Fed cared much less were they're training.

I list Marina under Russian coach working outside Russia :P

while for fundings probably it doens't make much difference, I'm sure that working with a russian coach abroad is a lot more common than having a non russian coach, and that was precisely  what made Zhenya's move to TCC "odd". Sady, 't's pretty likely that her experience is reinforcing the persuasion that russian coaches are the best...

(aside nationalistic preferences, it's certainly easier for skaters to work with someone who can speak their own language)

I wouldn't be surprised if the fed didn't see profit with Zhenya staying with TCC. After all, they don't have to care about emotional an physical well being of their athetes, from their POV results are what matters, and situation with pandemic is hard (especially since Canada is one of those places that are taking it seriously)

22 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Anastasia Tarakanova switched coaches from Panova to Ksenia Ivanova.

https://m.vk.com/wall-94682828_1303

another coaching change:sigh: well, hope this time it will work better then the others. Sad that not even with her former coach it went well. Can this girl have it easy for once? no emotional abuse, no injuries, pretty please?:smiley-angelic001:

Who is Ksenia Ivanova? which rink/club? I see she was listed as Nastya's former coach too, and apparently she was at Plu's academy... is she the one who was with her at comps? (she looked nice and kind, I suppose. If appearances can be trusted). Is she still at Plu academy? Don't really wanna see another skater back to a place run by the very person who trash-talked her :/

4 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

another coaching change:sigh: well, hope this time it will work better then the others. Sad that not even with her former coach it went well. Can this girl have it easy for once? no emotional abuse, no injuries, pretty please?:smiley-angelic001:

Who is Ksenia Ivanova? which rink/club? I see she was listed as Nastya's former coach too, and apparently she was at Plu's academy... is she the one who was with her at comps? (she looked nice and kind, I suppose). Is she still at Plu academy? Don't really wanna see another skater back to a place run by the very person who trash-talked her :/

same coach, different club (I think...)

On 9/17/2020 at 2:33 PM, monchan said:

The funnier thing is she's alr retired lol.

I'M OUT.

You can bet that if she were still skating and a serious contender for medals, RusFed would be flat out with the denials and going on the attack against WADA and basically doing their best to cover up and keep her skating. The fact that she's retired gives them a chance to pretend they actually care about whether their athletes are doping or not.

If the rumors are true, at the very least, it looks like Plush is following through with his promises. Seems weird that she was the only one without sponsors before and then she gets them when she's injured and her future is more in doubt

I'm curious if Yagudin's grudge against Plush will carry over into his commentary.  

The ombre of Anna's dress looks beautiful. Highlighting her hand movements with gloves is a smart move but I might have kept the gloves black so they show up better against the ice than the light blue. 

It's not the same at all but something about it reminds me of Yulia's brown Les Feuilles Mortes dress which I also liked. Probably the sleeve-gloves and the intricate strap detailing on the back.