Team Russia

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

If I understand correctly, on Monday she spoke him of four options including Eteri Tutberidze, because according to Brian Orser's words, she was spoking of Eteri and Evgueny (Plushenko), of which we can deduce she had four options, two of which were Sambo 70 and Angels of Plushenko (and maybe a third was in St Petersburg, and maybe the fourth was to continue with her interim coaches) and seemed to try to sort between these two rather than St Petersburg and her interim team. I believe Team Tutberidze was her own choice and Tatiana Tarasova was called upon to even things between the two former feuds. But, if Team Tutberidze was her own choice among Russian (that is, possible) solutions, I do believe she is bitterly missing TCC.

Doesn't sound that way to me since Brian is obviously surprised by saying her going to Eteri was 'totally out of the blue'. 

His talk with Med on Eteri and Plushenko is more about them joking about the news coverage being now on those 2 Russian coaches and Brian is happy that he's out of the limelight cos just 2 years ago, the news were about Brian and Eteri. Too bad 2 days after the call with Med, the news are back on Brian vs Eteri. Poor Brian....

I'm referring to Hersh's interview unless I missed out something in other news. 

23 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Doesn't sound that way to me since Brian is obviously surprised by saying her going to Eteri was 'totally out of the blue'. 

His talk with Med on Eteri and Plushenko is more about them joking about the news coverage being now on those 2 Russian coaches and Brian is happy that he's out of the limelight cos just 2 years ago, the news were about Brian and Eteri. Too bad 2 days after the call with Med, the news are back on Brian vs Eteri. Poor Brian....

I'm referring to Hersh's interview unless I missed out something in other news. 

I understand it as coming out of the blue on Monday (as a possibility, and one of the preferred) but now I see this is not the only possible understanding, yours seems as likely. And I am also referring to Philip Hersh's interview, the character of the interviewer can indeed add some uncertainty to the whole. I don't think he would fake quotes but he can place them out of context.

I just caught up on the news. I feel immense sadness for Medo. She’s not my fave, not after her shenanigans in Japan this year, but to have to uproot yourself twice all in the face of fierce criticism while fighting physical pain to keep in top form must take a huge mental and psychological toll. If even Eteri is feeling sympathetic and sorry for her, I can’t even imagine what she must be suffering right now. I take no pleasure in the Russian drama this time. Just wish her all the best.

The fuss and drama reminded me that test skates were happening and I went to YT to watch some skates. Not a fan of Medo’s sp, but her fs is gorgeous. So happy to see Kolyada too. Beautiful silky smooth skating.

1 hour ago, monchan said:

The funnier thing is she's alr retired lol.

I'M OUT.

No, that’s not the dumbest thing in the story. She retired in 2019, but she forgot to notify the Fed and RUSADA about it, so technically she was an acting athlete when they arrived at her home to take her probes in March 2020. 

15 minutes ago, Fay said:

No, that’s not the dumbest thing in the story. She retired in 2019, but she forgot to notify the Fed and RUSADA about it, so technically she was an acting athlete when they arrived at her home to take her probes in March 2020. 

so she tested positive in march......when she was already retired.....and then she submitted a forged document to explain it to fight the ban (despite being retired)? what? im so confused. will that gonna ban her from coaching/being involved in FS-related activities other than competing? will it affect the rest of team russia?

Just now, yuzuangel said:

so she tested positive in march......when she was already retired.....and then she submitted a forged document to explain it to fight the ban (despite being retired)? what? im so confused. will that gonna ban her from coaching/being involved in FS-related activities other than competing? will it affect the rest of team russia?

Was the product found announced? Could it be simply a self-medication containing something prohibited, and she tried to make it pass-off as prescribed? I hope it is this.

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

She had also skipped three previous doping tests, then they arrived, she tried to resist, had to take the test and then submitted a document from a clinic prescribing the medication, but it turned out the clinic didn’t have a license to prescribe it... so whether she forged anything or not is not clear. It’s a diuretic they found in her probe. 

4 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Was the product found announced? Could it be simply a self-medication containing something prohibited, and she tried to make it pass-off as prescribed? I hope it is this.

dunno how this would help. the WADA doesn't care where or how you got it in you if it's prohibited. taking something that isn't prescribed and saying it is doesn't sound any better at all.

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

She had also skipped three previous doping tests, then they arrived, she tried to resist, had to take the test and then submitted a document from a clinic prescribing the medication, but it turned out the clinic didn’t have a license to prescribe it... so whether she forged anything or not is not clear. It’s a diuretic they found in her probe. 

...why didn't she officially retire after missing 3! doping tests omg...

13 minutes ago, Fay said:

It’s a diuretic they found in her probe. 

Damn, I wonder if the reason she took those drugs was really for medical reasons. I made a quick search and it’s said diuretics are banned because they can be abused to achieve rapid weight loss or masking the usage of other banned substances... I mean she avoided getting tested that many times. 

43 minutes ago, robin said:

Damn, I wonder if the reason she took those drugs was really for medical reasons. I made a quick search and it’s said diuretics are banned because they can be abused to achieve rapid weight loss or masking the usage of other banned substances... I mean she avoided getting tested that many times. 

Sounds dodgy as all getout.

Damn it, is there anyone in the Russian ladies discipline, skater, coach, team, whatever, who I don't have to side-eye????