Team Russia

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Actually, I was impressed by how many people Tutberidze managed to shade in that one release.

Whilst Eteri was conveniently ignoring how much she's been shading Evgenia all this time.

Anyway, it's one thing to go back to the old coach. it's another thing to be able to work with them again after having grown as a person. I really wonder how this is going to go. 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Anyway, it's one thing to go back to the old coach. it's another thing to be able to work with them again after having grown as a person. I really wonder how this is going to go. 

Hopefully she learned something from her time in Canada and this time it won't be the same.:consoling2:

Just now, Paskud said:

Hopefully she learned something from her time in Canada and this time it won't be the same.:consoling2:

One hopes that Eteri has also learned something from all her skaters running away from her and will be willing to treat Zhenya on equal terms as an adult. And that Daniil one day takes a choreography class. One can hope for many things. 

But thank you for the thought. :grouphug:

25 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Whilst Eteri was conveniently ignoring how much she's been shading Evgenia all this time.

Badly, I expect, but it'll set Medvedeva up better for a post-skating career if her Olympic obsession falls short (as I expect it will). Look at Alina Zagitova right now. (I wonder if that Ice Age cohost slot will suddenly open up again?)

I wonder what Alina is thinking now? And Anna S - not only is she being overshadowed by the already-called-next-OGM Valieva, but now an ex-student who needs a lot of work, but is still a more popular star in Russia, is back and also overshadowing her. Not that it's either girl's fault precisely, though it must sting... I think she'll just keep her head down and keep working away, but if I could barrack for any of the Sambo girls now it would be her.

With all of the former russian skaters ,coaches and rusfed higher up agreeing and saying she made the right decision by going back to Eteri its clearly showed that they actually didn't like her decision by going to Brian in the first place.The other reason also i think since Alina not competing anymore they would like to use Evgenia image to sell tickets

30 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I think it'll be a cold day in hell before another major singles star from Russia tries for overseas training.

On the other hand, if this doesn't work for Med... the fallout will not be pretty.

Any way they spin it, it will be Innocent Eteri and Orser's Fault, and everybody will go along with it. If she fails, it was her time overseas that ruined her and it was too late to help her despite their best efforts. If she succeeds, it was their methods that were successful at restoring her after she came to them in a sad state.

:emoticonaci2019:

2 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Any way they spin it, it will be Innocent Eteri and Orser's Fault, and everybody will go along with it. If she fails, it was her time overseas that ruined her and it was too late to help her despite their best efforts. If she succeeds, it was their methods that were successful at restoring her after she came to them in a sad state.

:emoticonaci2019:

Absolutely.

7 hours ago, Fay said:

“Yevgenia told me she had four options,” Orser said, declining to specify them. “The going to Eteri one was totally out of the blue. I don’t think anyone saw that coming.

4 options and she chose the 5th one. I wonder why... 

2 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

With all of the former russian skaters ,coaches and rusfed higher up agreeing and saying she made the right decision by going back to Eteri its clearly showed that they actually didn't like her decision by going to Brian in the first place.The other reason also i think since Alina not competing anymore they would like to use Evgenia image to sell tickets

....well, their pride was hurt when she left, so of course they're going to feel vindicated now. :mad:. But what will it take for them to realize that Eteri's methods are utterly toxic? Evgenia's complete collapse? 

All I can say is, she looked so beautiful and strong doing Exogenesis and Memoirs of a Geisha last year, jumps notwithstanding. I don't want to see that woman disappear into another generic starved-to-death spindly Eteribot (with the concurrent bad technique) again. 

I can alr imagine Med go back to her blade takeoff with stiff upper body at the take off of toe jumps. Her 2A will also be back to the old days cuz the new technique has never been consistent.

Eteri might push her to hurry up the 4S cuz otherwise she cant keep up w the younger. Good luck Med.

2 hours ago, monchan said:

I can alr imagine Med go back to her blade takeoff with stiff upper body at the take off of toe jumps. Her 2A will also be back to the old days cuz the new technique has never been consistent.

Eteri might push her to hurry up the 4S cuz otherwise she cant keep up w the younger. Good luck Med.

It's sad to think about. Her technique was just getting good. If this had been a normal season, I honestly think we all would have been amazed by her. Instead we get to watch Eteri put her foot through a Rembrandt. :cry:

4 hours ago, yumeaki said:

4 options and she chose the 5th one. I wonder why... 

If I understand correctly, on Monday she spoke him of four options including Eteri Tutberidze, because according to Brian Orser's words, she was spoking of Eteri and Evgueny (Plushenko), of which we can deduce she had four options, two of which were Sambo 70 and Angels of Plushenko (and maybe a third was in St Petersburg, and maybe the fourth was to continue with her interim coaches) and seemed to try to sort between these two rather than St Petersburg and her interim team. I believe Team Tutberidze was her own choice and Tatiana Tarasova was called upon to even things between the two former feuds. But, if Team Tutberidze was her own choice among Russian (that is, possible) solutions, I do believe she is bitterly missing TCC.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's sad to think about. Her technique was just getting good. If this had been a normal season, I honestly think we all would have been amazed by her. Instead we get to watch Eteri put her foot through a Rembrandt. :cry:

Like I said, it's just .... fate. We don't know how it will end up, she might even win OGM with a 4S then retire with a permanent back injury who knows, Eteri is best at that (Elizabet is prime example) :war:. And Med seems fine w it as OGM is her ultimate goal, not long term skating etc., cuz otherwise she won't split permanently with BO. 

Thru this event I'm even more sure she would've retired had she won PC.

7 minutes ago, monchan said:

Like I said, it's just .... fate. We don't know how it will end up, she might even win OGM with a 4S then retire with a permanent back injury who knows, Eteri is best at that (Elizabet is prime example) :war:. And Med seems fine w it as OGM is her ultimate goal, not long term skating etc., cuz otherwise she won't split permanently with BO. 

Thru this event I'm even more sure she would've retired had she won PC.

With the depth of russian fields i don't think she even qualifies for Olympic. To gain a 4s also i think is impossible with her chronic back injuries and all.Her triple now barely rotated and muscled