Team Russia

2 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I think Eteri's shade was more towards Alyona than Alina. Alyon had skated the SP at test skates but WD from the FS citing her injury (reasonably so, and it would have been maybe even better not to get painkillers just so she could skate the short). So form this POV she was in similar situation to Zhanya. But honestly, with Zhenya's situation, I would have much preferred for her to skip test skates and get every little bit of rest/recovery she could before competition

Eteri's comment about wanting to help Zhenya would sound reassuring if it came from someone who hadn't been shading her at every turn (and keeps shading other young skaters). It truly feels like Mother Gothel from Rapunzel, but with a darker twist since we're talking about real people here.

Truly hope that Zhenya can somehow build a good headspace and not strain her body till the breaking point :/  

And it's sad to think that Zhanya had opened the way to training abroad (with non russian coaches) and then a whole pandemic came and ruined everyone's plans. (Though it sucks that TCC skaters for some reason look more affected that those training in Gadbois, wtf)

btw coaching drama and positive covid tests made me forget to comment on the positive surprise I got: so happy to see my wild child Anastasia (thoguh now she isn't a child anymore, I suppose...she's grown so much!) and doing one of her fab spins :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

lately she had so little luck, between injuries and being out of judges' graces and coaching changes (and coaches trash talking her. Plushenko, I'm looking at you!).

I hope she's doing well and taking care of herself, after all the hardships in these past few seasons :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

re: Alina, glad she's busy with drama-free stuff. Probably this yuzumoticon fits her right now: :9:

Though I wish that they didn't try at all costs to make her look so much older than her age. But that was already my issue with how Shiseido packaged her

I don't think Eteri Tutberidze is that bad. She "just" has those disastrous comments when a pupil leaves her.

I am happy for Anastasia Tarakanova too, I hope she will soon be able to announce good news.

And teenagers love to get Ladies make up, Alina Zagitova didn't fail and it was a pleasure to see her being made up. Hers I didn't find improper. (And I love Shiseido, so I am partial.)

1 minute ago, SitTwizzle said:

I don't think Eteri Tutberidze is that bad. She "just" has those disastrous comments when a pupil leaves her.

I am happy for Anastasia Tarakanova too, I hope she will soon be able to announce good news.

And teenagers love to get Ladies make up, Alina Zagitova didn't fail and it was a pleasure to see her being made up. Hers I didn't find improper. (And I love Shiseido, so I am partial.)

Yeah, right, Lipnitskaya left her in 2016, yet she had those comments about her this season. 

Just now, SitTwizzle said:

not improper, just that I'd prefer her to *look* more her age. She'll have so much time to look older:68468287: I kinda want to see her (and all the young girls) just enjoy what they have, you know. Even if wanting to look "older" is a natural part of growing LOL

Gosh I sound nostalgic :laughing: (and possibly older inside than my actual age LMAO)

Let's say that the First Lady look, in general, is not my fave :67638860:

Lol. I just got home from work and saw how many pages had been added to the Russia thread and knew something big went down...  they always bring the drama!

I, for one, am relieved for Brian. I didn't think it was a good idea in the beginning for TCC to take Med. I didn't think she was as capable of being *molded* into a new skater as other skaters have been and she needed so much attention. I wasn't really seeing things improve either.

I am sure its a difficult thing for Med, but the pandemic and border closures are the reality. The border with the US closed until at least Oct.21st and, I've said it before, they are our closest friend and if it isn't open to them, Canada will probably keep borders closed for others too. It's just so difficult to be coached long distance like that and she needs more than that to have any hope of doing well.

Good luck to Med. Hope everyone is happy with their situation.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

she looks like she's been crying, honestly

Zhenya's had a horrible run of bad luck if you think about it, ever since her skates broke at RusNats last year.  It needs to stop. 

And then, as the cherry on the cake, the backstabbing <s>witch</s> coach of her past is now pretending to want to help her...and Zhenya has no choice but to go back to her. This is awful. 

If there's any way at all that Canada Customs will let her in, Zhenya should just come here already. do the quarantine, get it over with, put the whole thing behind her, and get back to training. My heart goes out to her. 

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

And it's sad to think that Zhenya had opened the way for russian skaters to train abroad

I don't think that's how it looked from Russian side, tbh. More like Brian "destroyed" her, because she wasn't as consistent as before and not winning as many things as before. No matter what overall improvements she did and how happy she was.

Plus overall, I don't think it's so easy. You have to be in a club. Official, already existing club, not sponsor's club where you are sole member, like in Japan.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, that's a relief. Brian - hold tight to her, please, don't let Zhenya fall!

:sad-smiley-046: Seriously, this G**d*** virus can just go die in a fire already. F**k. 

That was not true though, since later Brian said he won’t be coaching Zhenya anymore :((

Honestly, Zhenya is such a tough girl. If I were her I would have broken down from all that pressure.

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, that's a relief. Brian - hold tight to her, please, don't let Zhenya fall!

:sad-smiley-046: Seriously, this G**d*** virus can just go die in a fire already. F**k. 

Brian and Zhenya won’t be working together anymore. 

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

farewell post

Oh my heart is breaking. She was so healthy and happy...and how is she possibly going to be able to go back to those old training methods after having tasted real respect, kindness, and freedom from  Brian and Tracy? 

I've been thinking for a while now that Zhenya's been getting really bad advice from somewhere...since the pandemic she's made bad decision after bad decision...and now this. Man. I don't want to make gloomy predictions, but IMO I'll be surprised if Zhenya makes it to the end of the season now, let alone Beijing. Whoever is advising her, please stop. She needs to do what is healthy, for crying out loud. 

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

Brian and Zhenya won’t be working together anymore. 

Two pages back it said that he would remain her chief coach, with Eteri as second coach. 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh my heart is breaking. She was so healthy and happy...and how is she possibly going to be able to go back to those old training methods after having tasted real respect, kindness, and freedom from  Brian and Tracy? 

I've been thinking for a while now that Zhenya's been getting really bad advice from somewhere...since the pandemic she's made bad decision after bad decision...and now this. Man. I don't want to make gloomy predictions, but IMO I'll be surprised if Zhenya makes it to the end of the season now, let alone Beijing. Whoever is advising her, please stop. She needs to do what is healthy, for crying out loud. 

Two pages back it said that he would remain her chief coach, with Eteri as second coach. 

:consoling2:

11 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

That was not true though, since later Brian said he won’t be coaching Zhenya anymore :((

Honestly, Zhenya is such a tough girl. If I were her I would have broken down from all that pressure.

:sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046:

Well, I don't care what anyone says about it , whether it's been too much drama or what - I'm just going to be praying for her from now on, clearly she needs it. I want to see her succeed so much. 

1 hour ago, Elaine said:

looks like the coaching relationship is permanently ended. Russian drama never fails me, never:studsmatta:

At least for now. Brian specifically said he didn't know if Evgenia would comeback to him after the pandemic is over. So maybe she'll be back, who knows. 

Evgenia worked so hard to build up a strong and healthy body with lots of muscle and recover from injuries etc....now she'll be back to starving herself and running 15k a night after practicing all day...like how on earth is she supposed to get better from her back injury that way? 

...and knowing that there was an option to go to somewhere like St. Petersberg but it got blocked... :( just adds insult to injury. 

Also, I hope Morozov makes a full recovery with no symptoms...what a turn of bad luck to test positive right now...

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

What do you mean?

I love Alina Zagitova and I didn't like the shading of her in the last Twit, which suggested she was not respectful of the Fed etc.

Actually, I was impressed by how many people Tutberidze managed to shade in that one release.