Team Russia

The fact Med back to Eteri is like ... fate. We've all thought she might open up a brand new door for Russian skaters to go train abroad, but soon things get back to basic, like how they "should" be.

The conclusion? Russian can only belong to each other. They're just ....  another level :knc_brian3:

Plush just uploaded his insta. Only having fun w his wife but accidentally so fit in with this situation=)))

5 minutes ago, monchan said:

I wonder if Eteri will keep Evgenia's programs. Esp the FS is not their standard style. They give Anya and Kamila nearly the same programs I doubt they have much left in store=)))

They are keeping them. I mean, they were paid for by Evgenia, so why waste the money. 
The worst that can happen to them is a certain degree of Gleikhengauzation. 

Brian was interviewed by Vaitsekhovskaya, but her interview is getting cut into small pieces. In short: no resentment towards Med, it was the pandemic that separated them, he didn’t ask whose idea it was, and he understood the reasons for the change, the back injury is chronic and was caused by spins like Bielmann... 

I think Eteri's shade was more towards Alyona than Alina. Alyona had skated the SP at test skates but WD from the FS citing her injury (reasonably so, and it would have been maybe even better not to get painkillers just so she could skate the short). So from this POV she was in similar situation to Zhenya, but they made different choices. But honestly, with Zhenya's situation, I would have much preferred for her to skip test skates, too, and get every little bit of rest/recovery she could before competition

Eteri's comment about wanting to help Zhenya would sound reassuring if it came from someone who hadn't been shading her at every turn (and keeps shading other young skaters). It truly feels like Mother Gothel from Rapunzel, but with a darker twist since we're talking about real people here.

Truly hope that Zhenya can somehow build a good headspace and not strain her body till the breaking point :/  

And it's sad to think that Zhenya had opened the way for russian skaters to train abroad (under non russian coaches) and then a whole pandemic came and ruined everyone's plans.

Though as fan of many TCC skaters stranded away from their coaches, like Katya and Jun and Utashin,* I'm a bit  :waffle: at the fact that, apparently, TCC skaters are more affected that those training in Gadbois. wtf

* not counting Yuzu in there, 'cause to me he's in a very different situation compared to the rest of them

btw coaching drama and positive covid tests made me forget to comment on the positive surprise I got: so happy to see my wild child Anastasia!!! though now she isn't a child anymore, I suppose...she's grown so much!

And she's onthe ice and doing one of her fab spins :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

lately she had so little luck, between injuries and being out of judges' graces plus the coaching changes (and coaches trash talking her. Plushenko, I'm looking at you!:animated-smileys-angry-033:).

I hope she's doing well and taking care of herself, after all the hardships in these past few seasons :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

re: Alina, glad she's busy with drama-free stuff!  Probably this yuzumoticon fits her right now: :9:

Though I wish that they didn't try at all costs to make her look so much older than her age. But that was already my issue with how Shiseido packaged her