Team Russia

I am really worried for Medvedeva now. I didn't like how she looked at the test skates and now this. She was finally getting healthy and adjusting last year. I hope this works for her and doesn't end badly.

I don't really trust Eteri but maybe she will do the right thing this time and look after her skater's well being and not just focus on results.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

rumors are that someone blocked this transfer. not hard to guess who, if true. honestly, i can believe eteri was making her life as hard as possible. she was safe in canada but in russia...nope, eteri has her claws in every corner of the figure skating world there. coupled with the pandemic.......there's no way this wasn't her last resort. sad.

to think she could have just stayed PUT instead of going on her world tour at the start of the pandemic, she could be training in toronto now, with brian and the canadian skaters happily at TCC. now she has nowhere to go but russia and back into eteri's sphere of influence/control. that one bad decision was not only terrible for her from a PR perspective, it may have ended her career. again, sad sad sad.

16 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I am really worried for Medvedeva now. I didn't like how she looked at the test skates and now this. She was finally getting healthy and adjusting last year. I hope this works for her and doesn't end badly.

I don't really trust Eteri but maybe she will do the right thing this time and look after her skater's well being and not just focus on results.

I have hopes though. Maybe not for a come back at the top because honestly, I have no idea if she can or not. But for her health. I think 1) she is better informed, health-wise, now than 2­½ years ago; 2) TeamTutberidze seem to have better medical following now (but this is maybe the weaker point because still today, medical care in Russia appear to be of uneven quality); 3) I tend to feel she must be in a very combative state of mind.

There remain the danger of the muscle memory method for someone with chronic bone/joint condition. Will Eteri Tutberidze and her team be able to tailor-cut a lighter but more focused training program for her, and this may become a turning point in their method for all their pupils if it succeeds? I hope so.

On 9/16/2020 at 4:27 PM, yuzuangel said:

rumors are that someone blocked this transfer. not hard to guess who, if true. honestly, i can believe eteri was making her life as hard as possible. she was safe in canada but in russia...nope, eteri has her claws in every corner of the figure skating world there. coupled with the pandemic.......there's no way this wasn't her last resort. sad.

to think she could have just stayed PUT instead of going on her world tour at the start of the pandemic, she could be training in toronto now, with brian and the canadian skaters happily at TCC. now she has nowhere to go but russia and back into eteri's sphere of influence/control. that one bad decision was not only terrible for her from a PR perspective, it may have ended her career. again, sad sad sad.

Of course it was "blocked". It's well over deadline for coaching changes and she all the time was officially in Sambo.

Like, seriously, you think Eteri would stop her if Medo really wanted to go to Petersburg? Skater who barely is jumping right now, injured and after all the drama in 2018?

3 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Of course it was "blocked". It's well over deadline for coaching changes and she all the time was officially in Sambo.

Like, seroiusly, you think Eteri would stop her if Medo really wanted to go to Petersburg? Skater who barely is jumping right now, injured and after all the drama in 2018?

true. but then why did the fed reach out? she could have just gotten ice time to start, and then switch later.

Wow...Med going back to Eteri is just...wow.

The pandemic has impacted our lives on many different levels and aspects. People are forced to abandon plans that are no longer workable and seek alternative ways to carry on their businesses in order to survive. Skaters are no exception to that I guess.

Morozov:

Yes, the test showed a coronavirus. I hope that the form is easy, there was a temperature in the first days. And now it is more or less normalized. My head aches. Rarely there is a cough, a sore throat. I undergo treatment at home. On September 28th I should take the test. If it is negative, I will hand over another one in a day, and then I can go out on the ice. I hope we will be in time for Skate America and perform at the later stages of the Russian Cup. We are skipping the stage of the Russian Cup in Syzran, but I hope this (coronavirus) is a short story.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200916/morozov-1577338127.html

Tarasova:

I have no symptoms, I feel good. (Coach) Maxim Trankov and I also passed the test, now we are waiting for the results.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200916/tarasova-1577340046.html

56 minutes ago, monchan said:

Are u over Medo thing yet?

I have new "bad" tea

Can only wish it's only "rumor"...

what?

where are T/M right now? Have they already travelled back to Russia? I would think yes, since Syzran starts in two days.

the timing of their planned movements already felt pretty rushed and potentially unsafe to me: going back to Russia for the Syzran stage BUT not in time for test skates just a week earlier, then rushing back to USA in a hurry to attend SA... :shrug:

ETA: I see it's confirmed. So did they got the virus back in USA, or while travelling, or in Russia?

Glad that for the moment it looks mild, but... I have questions

ETA2: I'm assuming they were training in USA, if that wasn't the case, ignore my rant (though I still wanna know where Vlad can possibly have been infected)

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

Don’t they train in Florida?  Iirc it was a hotspot?

yeah, that's why I was assuming they had been in USA...  though afaik Florida new daily cases are shrinking, so it should be an hotspot that's "cooling down"