Team Russia

4 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I have definitely too much fun with it.:roll:

From September 16, figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva will continue her preparation for the season in Sambo 70 at the Khrustalny ice rink under the guidance of coach Eteri Tutberidze.

The coach and the athlete met and discussed further joint work aimed at preparing for this season. Between the athlete and the coach, there is complete mutual understanding. Brian Orser also understood the situation.

- I am very grateful to Brian for his understanding and the work done. We start training with Eteri Georgievna today. We will work and try to show the maximum possible result, - said Evgenia Medvedeva.

30 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I don't understand Russian so I'm not sure if this is accurate but if it is then :003:

found it

Sergei Chopozov, President of the Federation of St. Petersburg:

After the skates, I called Evgenia Medvedeva and voiced my desire to cooperate and my readiness to make an offer, said that we have a good project for her. I meant an invitation to move to St. Petersburg for training, but decided to voice it when we met. She said: "As you are in Moscow, let's see you and talk about everything." It turns out that I did not have time to take her (Medvedeva) to our region. I had thoughts that in the future she would represent St. Petersburg as an athlete. Naturally, we would create better conditions for Evgenia. Now I can only wish good luck to the great skater.

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/matchtvnews_NI1240386_Privezti_chempionat_mira_v_Peterburg_i_dat_kazhdomu_figuristu_po_agentu_intervju_prezidenta_federacii_Sergeja_Chopozova

12 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

I don't understand if her chronic back injuries is cause by eteri method of training why go back to that? Or she just want instant result and not for the long term

If - and it’s a big if imo- she is to go to Beijing Olympics she can’t afford to drop out of sight, or risk being sidelined - so with Canada closed to her she has to train in Russia.  Beijing is February 2022 - not very far off - and there is no end to Canada’s border closure in sight.

36 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

If - and it’s a big if imo- she is to go to Beijing Olympics she can’t afford to drop out of sight, or risk being sidelined - so with Canada closed to her she has to train in Russia.  Beijing is February 2022 - not very far off - and there is no end to Canada’s border closure in sight.

Yeah, big if. A bit too late, IMO, but I guess eteri just lost a few skaters, maybe that played a role.

eta: perhaps it's financial