Team Russia

Ohoho. So Alena was concerned about younger kids who didn't understand the rules or the pace of the rink, getting in the way while 8 older skaters (already a lot) were trying to train. A potentially dangerous situation. And Eteri didn't do anything about it and then misrepresented Alena as being an entitled brat who didn't want her peers skating with her. SMH. :sipping:

wow Alyona doesn't let herself be cowed by one (1) Eteri:laughing: I'm all for that

so it was truly a quick choice, to leave. I guess that after so many little (or not so little) things that bothered her she reached a breaking point, and with someone she trusted available somewhere else, maybe it didn't felt like a leap in the dark

glad to know that she feels at ease in her new training environment

(though I can't forget that with Nastya and Sima everything looked fine and dandy at first and then....)

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

oh deer, Medo:

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200912/medvedeva-1577145718.html

well, I wanna think that she has realized that she could have done better during Spring, that she took that lesson at heart and now she's trying not to make people underestimate the matter:smiley-angelic001:

for real, though, the carelessness displayed in the arena by audience and everyone rinkside is appalling

I truly hope that for RC ISU will have the balls to ask for more stringent measures (and when you have to count on ISU to bring some sense, it means we're truly f**ked)

Plush about Kostornaya:

We are starting to restore the triple axel after the rental, this was the original plan. Alena had health problems, she had an injury. We do not hide the fact that she skated yesterday in the short program, even for injections, but it was important for us to perform at the test skates, to watch, to communicate with the public and the federation. Alena, as a great professional, said - I will definitely skate, in this regard she is great. Yesterday she had some rough edges, she skates better, she is a professional in her field. But now we are working on it, everything has just been delivered. It is necessary to roll, she has the fourth or fifth stage.

https://amp.sport24.ru/news/figureskating/2020-09-13-kostornaya-vystupala-v-korotkoy-programme-na-otkrytykh-prokatakh-s-travmoy-katalas-na-ukolakh

7 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I heard she told brian that she wasn't risking the pancake spin (I'm guessing the one that she just marked basically?) so it makes sense that it's a back injury. Still sad, though. Back injuries are no joke.

8 hours ago, Paskud said:

8 hours ago, Paskud said:

Ksenia is injured and will miss Cup of Russia: Syzran next week.:cry:

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200913/sinitsyna-1577164818.html

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

these news about Alyona, Ksenia and Zhenya... guys I hate it here :(:(:(

And Sofia skated while sick, apparently. So much for pandemic measures

I don't understand why on earth risk so much on a friggin test skate... Well, in truth, I do know why Alyona and Zhenya and Sofia felt they had to be there, and it sucks

And Zhenya has the earliest stages of russian cup... those plans really backfired :/

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

looooooooooool, they are allowing Valieva to skate at senior Cup of Russia?

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200913/valieva-1577177815.html

are we truly surprised?

With JGP gone, they have to build the hype for JWC and the oly season debut somehow. Plus, with Alina out and Alyona, Zhenya and Liza each having their own issues at test skates, I bet someone up there is panicking (and already counting Alyona out of top 3)

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

With JGP gone, they have to build the hype for JWC and the oly season debut somehow. Plus, with Alina out and Alyona, Zhenya and Liza each having their own issues at test skates, I bet someone up there is panicking (and already counting Alyona out of top 3)

Never underestimate Miss Kostornaia. :graucho:

Though I won't pretend I don't worry for her.

By the way, I think we can now find out what happened in the coach split. Here is how I see it.

Alena Kostornaia complained (rather legitimately, and she was certainly not the only one bothered, but she was the one who had the guts to say it) of having to skate on a rink crowded with too young skaters who couldn't follow the pace and prevented Senior ones to train properly, plus she had health concerns. As Eteri Tutberidze couldn't solve the problem, she got irritated against her pupil (no element to support it but that sort of reaction is so frequent). Whereas during confinement, other pupils' change of coaches and Sergei Rozanov going to Angels of Plushenko, sort of opened a window "just in case". Then, on July 17th, she understood she wouldn't be able to recover in time for Nationals and maybe later, and took the decision. She rang Sergei Rozanov, then Evgueny Plushenko, and spoke to her coaches, who were upset, probably misunderstood part of her explanations (the May plot thing), and gave her two weeks to change her mind. She was left rink-less. At the end of the two weeks, Eteri Tuteberidze, who had had time to build upon her griefs and seems to be a resentful person, sent the Instagram post.

I wonder if people like Eteri Tutberidze, Evgueny Plushenko... who have grown without free speech and discovered it when young adults, are not misusing it out of excess of enthusiasm and confidence. But I really think Eteri Tutberidze should refrain from saying anything negative about a minor, whether student or former student; and even about a young major. She really looks so much less mature than her former student, though the latter is so young.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

Never underestimate Miss Kostornaia. :graucho:

Though I won't pretend I don't worry for her.

I am worried for her (especially because getting some painkillers injection just to skate a SP at test skate feels like an unnecessary ordeal), but she's the same person who hadn't brought 3A at test skate last season...only to go on and skate mostly clean with 3x3As for the rest of the season:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

right now, she must recover though. Hope to find her in better condition (and with a FS finally worth of her) at russian stages