Team Russia

"Sasha is worried about an old back injury, he needs to get a new injection," Zhuk said. "We decided not to risk it - we will do it in Germany, at the same doctor as a year ago. Thanks to the federation, which helped with this trip, she leaves on September 10. On the 11th, she's already back. If God willing and everything goes well, she will immediately return to training, as it was last year, then it helped her well. "

https://tass.ru/sport/9399901

Dima has long been bothered by pains in the lower back, moving towards the right hip joint. During one of the workouts, the pain intensified. An examination was carried out, which showed that there are inflammatory processes and some other problems in the joint. I reported this to the FFKKR, (General Director) Alexander Ilyich Kogan gave the go-ahead for treatment in Munich, for which I am very grateful to both the FFKKR and the St. Petersburg Figure Skating Federation, - Rukavitsyn said.

https://rsport.ria.ru/2020090

gosh everyone has back problem :/

(not surprising, but when there's so many top skaters at once it kind of stands out more. Also, apparently everyone goes to Germany for treatment of their back problems)

I hope they'll all be good by Russian cup, but...was Zhulin talking about the Russian cup? What would happen if S/K had to skip? Will they truly not make exceptions for Nats despite S/K being with Euro champs? ID is much less volatile than Men or even Pairs and, despite ID field being deep, internationally S/K and S/B are those really fighting head to head with P/C and USAteams for WC podium... (and cinically speaking, rusfed has invested so much in S/K in particular...I just don't see them leaving S/K at home just for being unable to compete at one russian cup stage)

Also: noooo Arthur..... after his "revenge" at EC, it would suck so much if he couldn't even get to Nats this time.

Both he and S/K are scheduled for 2nd stage, I think in one month, so they have a couple weeks less than Dima and S/B...

6 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

gosh everyone has back problem :/

(not surprising, but when there's so many top skaters at once it kind of stands out more. Also, apparently everyone goes to Germany for treatment of their back problems)

I hope they'll all be good by Russian cup, but...was Zhulin talking about the Russian cup? What would happen if S/K had to skip? Will they truly not make exceptions for Nats despite S/K being with Euro champs? ID is much less volatile than Men or even Pairs and, despite ID field being deep, internationally S/K and S/B are those really fighting head to head with P/C and USAteams for WC podium... (and cinically speaking, rusfed has invested so much in S/K in particular...I just don't see them leaving S/K at home just for being unable to compete at one russian cup stage)

Also: noooo Arthur..... after his "revenge" at EC, it would suck so much if he couldn't even get to Nats this time.

Both he and S/K are scheduled for 2nd stage, I think in one month, so they have a couple weeks less than Dima and S/B...

S/B should be ok. They were in similar situation last year.

S/K will change probably their stages to later ones.

At the end of the day, this are stages before RusNats, not GPF. They can underperform and still will qualify.

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

S/B should be ok. They were in similar situation last year.

S/K will change probably their stages to later ones.

At the end of the day, this are stages before RusNats, not GPF. They can underperform and still will qualify.

of course, it would be a very dramatic plot twist (even by 2020 standards) if the two best ID teams couldn't qualify for Nats:tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp:

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

meanwhile Alina is collecting more and more sponsors

tangentially related but

Spoiler

after getting the ISU antidoping seminar, I feel a bit bemused whenever skaters endorse supplements, since the seminar kinda terrorize you with their "DON'T take supplements just have balanced diet! and if you do take supplements you gotta be ABSOLUTELY SURE of what's inside!!!!!! if there's something funny in there and it flags you for doping, well, it's on you, not on the manifacturer sorrynotsorry":idea-007:

Of course supplements are often needed, but if I were a skater I'd be living in fear LOL

Well, probably, if one enquires about ingredients and uses trustworthy brands, real doping "by mistake" is very unlikely (though possibly it's a common "excuse")... but gosh, the pressure!

congrats to Alina and Alyona for their sponsors!

9 часов назад, LadyLou сказал:

of course, it would be a very dramatic plot twist (even by 2020 standards) if the two best ID teams couldn't qualify for Nats:tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp:

I really hope RusFed is not that stupid and will not shoot themselves in the foot if best ID pairs and good boys will have to miss Russian cup.

54 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I think she’s done, but she is going to pretend she is going to resume her career just as Sot did for years. 

Rukavitsyn about Aliev

Dima has not yet stepped on the ice. I am constantly in touch with him, and he has already flown from Germany to St. Petersburg. He was sent to Germany after he had increased pain in the lower back, which passed into the right hip joint. Before that, an examination was done, it showed that there was an inflammatory process. The treatment in Germany was very effective, in particular, specific injections, which were given to the most painful places, helped. Now Dmitry is feeling well and plans to go on the ice on Monday. Of course, these injuries require constant attention, undergoing various procedures - physiotherapy and droppers. Now we will continue to do these procedures, and on Monday we will try to go out on the ice. As soon as Dima comes out on the ice, then we will understand how the beginning of preparations for the upcoming tournaments will develop.

https://moscow-baku.ru/news/sport/trener_figurista_dmitriya_alieva_evgeniy_rukavitsyn_rasskazal_moskva_baku_o_planakh_deystvuyushchego/