Team Russia

16 hours ago, Paskud said:

I understand from this, that unless decided otherwise in September, Sambo 70 will continue to get funded by the Federation in 2020-2021.

But, had the switch taken place on time, would Evgeny Plushenko have been (even partly) funded by the Fed, as his is a private school? Evgenia Medvedeva had to get a special permission to be funded at TCC.

And, what is the usual tuition at Angels of Plushenko?

I know it is really different on many items, but when they have a year at Vaganova Academy (one of the top-two Russian ballet schools with Bolshoi's; and the historical feeder of Mariinsky Ballet), foreign students pay something like 17.000€, boarding included, it has nothing to do with Western ballet schools.

I saw an ad for a two-week-camp of theirs, by the sea, at 70.000RUB, that is around 1000€ by then.

So, if annual tuition in his school is around 15.000€, plus the same for a program by a great choreographer, maybe less for the second program and little for the gala, three costumes (about 3000€), skates and commuting, and if she hasn't spent anything of her prize money from last year, she may just be able to pay for it... which would explain why she didn't ask any financial question when she called Evgueny Plushenko, just wanted to be sure he would take her at his school.

@yuzuangel I don't think Sambo 70 would have the power of preventing her from skating, but they may chose the best GP spots for other skaters rather than her, and they may also be irksome if they manage plane and hotel bookings, if they are in charge of doing it.

I think Aliona didn't intend to make a change. She wouldn't make a change after the transfer period. IMO Eteri found out that she even dared talk to Plushenko and kicked her out. Knowing that this would put her in a really difficult position. She'll most likely try to make it very difficult for Aliona to skate next season. Eteri seems to be over her head in a power trip. Without her skaters, she is no one.

13 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

:jaw:and if eteri bans her from representing Sambo-70, as I'm sure she will try, Alena can't skate at all??

Maybe this is what Eteri had planned all along? If so, that's low. 

...like, Tonya Harding's ex-husband giving Nancy Kerrigan a club to the knee, low. 

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I think Aliona didn't intend to make a change. She wouldn't make a change after the transfer period. IMO Eteri found out that she even dared talk to Plushenko and kicked her out. Knowing that this would put her in a really difficult position. She'll most likely try to make it very difficult for Aliona to skate next season. Eteri seems to be over her head in a power trip. Without her skaters, she is no one.

This sounds very plausible. But I don't know if even she has the power to prevent the reigning champion of every competition that happened since she turned senior from skating - I don't think the fed will let her shoot them in the foot like that. Would they?

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

This sounds very plausible. But I don't know if even she has the power to prevent the reigning champion of every competition that happened since she turned senior from skating - I don't think the fed will let her shoot them in the foot like that. Would they?

All RusFed cares about is that someone Russian wins medals. It doesn't matter who. If Eteri promises that Scherbakova can do it, while simultaneously character-assassinating Kosto, I doubt they'd care too much. 

By "represent Sambo", do they mean that Alyona is gonna skate "for them" while training elsewhere? iirc Zhenya after moving to TCC still represented them, right? So does this "only" mean that Sambo will still get a cut of her earnings/get fundings on her behalf?

(And who's paying Plushenko then?)

I wonder what makes a skater more "marketable" than others. In theory, Alyona has everything: she is sweet-looking, smart, successful and beautiful too, a combo that would certainly attract sponsors. It would be honestly baffling if the reason that kept sponsors away would be her plans to retire after 2022: Anya and Sasha may have very different plans rn but, with a scarily deep field and unforgiving training regime wearing their bodies mercilessly, odds are against them (and a company making investments would be naive not to take that into account).

Alyona is almost universally loved by fs fans &commentators, she is a gorgeous skater with gorgeous elements and 3A too... so is she, as as a "character", less appealing to a general public? Would it be the lack of quad or of a cute dog or of a pretty change of dress?:dontknow: was it "only" one failed negotiation? But then why didn't she had more offers?

Evgeni Plushenko insists that the transfer was Alena’s initiative and they had never met or talked until two weeks before she did move over. And he says the move has nothing to do with sponsorships contracts or any financial matters, it’s just that Alena saw it fit to move over where she wasn’t felling comfortable anymore. 
https://sportrbc.ru/news/5f2a8abe9a7947353a04238a