Team Russia

After Rozanov left I was wondering what would happen to Kostornaia and her jumps, maybe I am not that surprised by the fact that she left Eteri. The timing of this news is strange though. I'll be curious what Alena and Plushy say about this. Eteri mentions a list and Daniil doesn't say anything about it so something is not quite clear here. 

I guess I'll eat my bag of popcorn that I bought yesterday and wait for Eteri's TV appearance  :popcorn:

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I heard Daniil complained that he wasted time doing bad choreo for Kostornaya when he could have been doing bad choreo for some other skater :popcorn:

Eteri said exactly that in the TASS interview. She claims the whole team 'wasted a week' on Kostornaia's choreography when they could have been spending it with someone else. 

All I can say is, if Alena is as much of a problem as Eteri is claiming, she isn't going to last very long with Plush, who gives the impression that he isn't about to put up with spoiled behaviour. But then again I don't believe Eteri's claims, so...

Also, Eteri's claim that Plush now gets ready made athletes to go to the Olympics with is also questionable...because this pandemic has changed everything and there's no guarantee of anything at all anymore. 

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All I can say is, if Alena is as much of a problem as Eteri is claiming, she isn't going to last very long with Plush, who gives the impression that he isn't about to put up with spoiled behaviour. But then again I don't believe Eteri's claims, so...

Alena has never been as "sweet" as Anna or Alina, but she is an athlete, not a housewife, so there's zero reason for her to keep sweet all the time. Children have different personalities; elite athletes are intense, who knew?

Wonder where the rumors are from.

37 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Now I read rumors of a lack of sponsorship being the likely cause? No idea if that's true or not :popcorn:

I tend to think not, if what I read is true (sponsors wanting people to use only their outfit, etc) : she may have herself rejected proposals which Alexandra Trusova may have accepted (Alina Zagitova is in another category, because she's Olympic champion). I have read somewhere, that maybe Yuzuru Hanyu didn't want a sports brand as a sponsor because he wanted to be free to have UA top with another brand training pants.

I have no idea as to the influence of her declaration about retiring after OG upon sponsors.

Nathan Chen is exactly in the same situation, I'd even say he's more likely to stop after Beijing than Alena Kostornaia, the poor guy is worn out; while if successful, Alena Kostornaia may want to continue a bit. In France we had Alain Calmat, Gold at Grenoble (1968) if I remember well, who became MD, it took him more years but he did it. Plus, why being a medical student after a successful skating career would deter a sponsor? It makes a nice narrative, she would be in no way less beautiful and fit...

Edit : and she has an agent, so I tend to think it has nothing to do with her coaching team.

A bit from Tutberidze interview about Alena’s program “Это было находкой и для нее, и для ситуации в мире.” 
“It was a find both for her, and for the suituation in the world”. 
WHAT WERE THEY PLANNING, A VACCINE AGAINST CORONAVIRUS? 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

A bit from Tutberidze interview about Alena’s program “Это было находкой и для нее, и для ситуации в мире.” 
“It was a find both for her, and for the suituation in the world”. 
WHAT WERE THEY PLANNING, A VACCINE AGAINST CORONAVIRUS? 

:laughing:

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

buhuhu:sad-smiley-046:

Plush is so silent that it starts to be suspicious...

They would have denied it if it wasn't true. I think Plush will talk tomorrow.