Team Russia

1 minute ago, Veveco said:

The timing is strange. If it was decided in May, why work on and announce a new program (likely not to be used) in July? Am I missing smth? :confused:

I think, honestly, someone’s lying there. 

Just now, FlyingCamel said:

Hmm, but why lie?

It’s just weird for someone to make arrangements back in May, but wait around until August to train with the group and make two programs and leave just now, when it’s just nearly too late. It just doesn’t add up. 
Alena refused to provide any commentaries so far. So it’s another one-sides story unless Plushenko speaks up. And he can, oh yeah, he can. 
Russian Skating World, providing you with the best figure skating off-season drama. Hope we haven’t let you down this summer either! 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Ouch, by the looks of it, Alena Kostornaya is leaving Tutberidze’s team. Or is getting expelled from it. 
AND - she is going over to Plushenko. They arranged it back in May, Alena said. There’s your long-promised sensation. 

WHAT?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

AND THE CAPTION...talk about old habits dying hard, damn. Eteri airing dirty laundry like no other... not only must she insult Alena, she has to take digs at all her former students! Even poor Yulia who just had a baby!

Of the three I imagined Alena most being able to get to the Olympics despite not having quads. With how she's scored she doesn't need them. Hard to imagine Eteri giving up on her unless something really bad happened. 

:smiley-shocked032:

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

If the move was officially done in May (before deadline), then how she was even allowed to train with Eteri team in June/July?

Now Eteri makes it sound as if Alena and Plushenko had been arranging the move for months, but Alena carried on training with the Sambo group and choreographing two “fantastic” programs. That’s just dumb - why waste your time on learning choreography you won’t be able to use anyway? 
The rumours are that Alena had difficulty getting her 3A last season, and the coach who helped her was Rozanov. She might have found herself in the same situation and grown desperate. By hearsay, she hadn’t regained 3A... 

But yeah, just another “ungrateful” student. The fourth major one - we are not counting small fish like Pitkeev and Tsurskaya, right? Why is the percentage of ungrateful students so huge with our acknowledged Best Coach? 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

The rumours are that Alena had difficulty getting her 3A last season, and the coach who helped her was Rozanov. She might have found herself in the same situation and grown desperate. By hearsay, she hadn’t regained 3A... 

It's not a hearsay. She herself said so in an interview after ISU awards.

This is probably Plushenko's Grande Finale, so I can believe that it was already decided in May, but still...

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

Didn't Plushenko promise Trusova that he would focus on her? Now he's taking her ex-teammates. Trusova must have wanted to leave behind the competition for coaching attention / crowded training sessions at Sambo, not...recreate it at a different rink.

Lol, so our "best coach" isn't so irreplaceable after all. And it was all teachings of the behind-the-scenes coaches that got the girls their 3A/quads. I wouldn't be surprised if Eteri was unwilling to share the credit of the coaching, leading Rozanov to leave in the first place (well that was the first I've heard of him). And now that he's left will we see a mass exodus?

Anyway, your explanation makes the most sense to me. Well, I guess there's Anna left, the favorite lol. (And Alina.)

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Ouch, by the looks of it, Alena Kostornaya is leaving Tutberidze’s team. Or is getting expelled from it. 
AND - she is going over to Plushenko. They arranged it back in May, Alena said. There’s your long-promised sensation. 

That's a bombshell. Of all the Eteri girls, she seemed to be the one who did the best under their method.

Anyway, Eteri's instagram caption isn't as damning of her students as she thinks it is, lol. If literally all of your students (whom you taught since their impressionable early teenage years if not even younger) are "difficult" in the exact same way, then maybe the problem is with the common denominator here, lol. 

28 minutes ago, Fay said:

It’s just weird for someone to make arrangements back in May, but wait around until August to train with the group and make two programs and leave just now, when it’s just nearly too late. It just doesn’t add up. 
Alena refused to provide any commentaries so far. So it’s another one-sides story unless Plushenko speaks up. And he can, oh yeah, he can. 
Russian Skating World, providing you with the best figure skating off-season drama. Hope we haven’t let you down this summer either! 

Definitely not - what price the K&C at nationals whenever they take place.....

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That's a bombshell. Of all the Eteri girls, she seemed to be the one who did the best under their method.

The girl’s turning 17 soon, that is, she’s growing too old...