Team Russia

This is why we all need to be super careful - yes a proportion of the population shrug it off but for many it takes a long time to get over it, like glandular fever for example, and for some there are fears that the damage could be lifelong.  I hope that’s not the case for Anastasia

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

This is why we all need to be super careful - yes a proportion of the population shrug it off but for many it takes a long time to get over it, like glandular fever for example, and for some there are fears that the damage could be lifelong.  I hope that’s not the case for Anastasia

She says she tried to get back to skating once she felt she was over it, but she started having complications after it. Hope she takes her time and recovers completely. 

1 час назад, Sombreuil сказал:

She says that she was careful, used mask and gloves, so this thing is really unpredictable

I’m not blaming her for catching it - I’m blaming the people who haven’t taken it seriously -  idiots who refuse to wear masks, who congregate in large numbers on beaches or at raves or to celebrate a football championship, who disregarded the travel restrictions  and most of all the several world leaders who like to pretend that it’s no big deal - and I include Boris in that because I do not believe so many members of the cabinet and no 10 staff would have caught it if they’d been social distancing.  Of course once the fool caught it himself he changed his tune, but it was too late by then.

13 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Not a few survivors seem to be experiencing the same thing regardless of their age. Hope she will get better soon...

Yes, even my local paper has interviewed several so-called 'longhaulers', who caught it back in March, thought they had recovered, but still test positive and have weird and debilitating recurring symptoms periodically. Everything about this virus is nasty. I wouldn't be surprised if it wrecked some survivors health permanently.

I don't know yet if Alina Zagitova has passed her exam and can enter an university, but I found this article which tells us a bit how she feels and her projects ("surprise" : to study at a physical education university to become a coach; I am sure she will be a very good one, by the way, and loved by her pupils).

https://www.archyde.com/alina-zagitova-latest-news-for-today-use-results-photo/

It also gives Peter Gumennik's mark at his Russian test for the Unified State Exam : 98/100. :2thumbsup:

On 7/25/2020 at 1:38 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes, even my local paper has interviewed several so-called 'longhaulers', who caught it back in March, thought they had recovered, but still test positive and have weird and debilitating recurring symptoms periodically. Everything about this virus is nasty. I wouldn't be surprised if it wrecked some survivors health permanently.

Recent article on long-hauling vs. re-infection question that seems nuanced, for anyone interested on what may be going on: https://elemental.medium.com/the-mystery-of-why-some-people-keep-testing-positive-for-covid-19-3c0c11a6bd10  Hopefully, survivors like Anastasia will be recognized as potentially having a range of long-term physical and mental consequences so that they get prompt and thorough help.  I really hope athletes and the people around them are extremely careful, because even following best practices like A did does not mean 100% safety alas.  Many younger people fare pretty well, but even minor lung/heart/vascular damage could powerfully impact an elite athlete and potentially curtail or end a career.  

4 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Recent article on long-hauling vs. re-infection question that seems nuanced, for anyone interested on what may be going on: https://elemental.medium.com/the-mystery-of-why-some-people-keep-testing-positive-for-covid-19-3c0c11a6bd10  Hopefully, survivors like Anastasia will be recognized as potentially having a range of long-term physical and mental consequences so that they get prompt and thorough help.  I really hope athletes and the people around them are extremely careful, because even following best practices like A did does not mean 100% safety alas.  Many younger people fare pretty well, but even minor lung/heart/vascular damage could powerfully impact an elite athlete and potentially curtail or end a career.  

What an extremely interesting article, thank you!

Ouch, by the looks of it, Alena Kostornaya is leaving Tutberidze’s team. Or is getting expelled from it. 
AND - she is going over to Plushenko. They arranged it back in May, Alena said. There’s your long-promised sensation.