Team Russia

3 hours ago, Lunna said:

Plushenko's working on smb's new choreo, he for sure still has charisma and skill, not sure his student can skate it better

Interesting. When you strip away the attitude and the showmanship, there's a really good artist under there...I watch this and I realize why Yuzu idolizes him.

Ditto about wondering whether his student can do it as well as him. I think the same thing every time I see Stephane skating next to Deniss too...Stephane will always be the better skater.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Well, it was time it was done. He should have moved on like three years ago. Things weren’t working for him 

Wasn't it mostly because of his sinusitis?

And I was under the impression he had a great affection for his coach, and liked to work with him. I hope he will establish a good relationship with Alexei Mishin.

I'm pretty hopeful about Misha's move to Mishin, he already has the tech skills and good basics so Mishin can probably work well with him, and maybe help him with controlling his jumps. Maybe we'll see another glorious 4Lz come back!:fingerscrossed:

On the other hand, I hope we won't get another set of signature Mishin programs :/

Medo:

We talked to her on the skating rink in Saitama prefecture who had been practicing in Japan for "Sailor Moon Prism On Ice" scheduled to be held at Shin-Yokohama Skating Center from June 5th to 7th. It was

After entering Japan, Medvedeva said she had been living in a hotel in Tokyo for two weeks of a “self-isolated life”. After that, she was unable to return to Russia due to immigration restrictions, so she chose Aomori as her practice location.

“The related people and supporters were looking for us, and we were able to practice at the link in Hachinohe, Aomori. The link we just opened this spring was very nice and we were able to practice well.

(...)

A few days after this interview, Medvedeveva left Japan and returned to the practice base.

https://jisin.jp/sport/1872562/

"I came to Japan on April 2nd, and the whole world was confused by the new coronavirus at that time. The rink of the cricket club (Canada) where I am training was closed at that time. Practice in Canada I couldn't do it, so I consulted with my coach and decided to come to Japan early.''

(...)

Medvedeva has been unable to return to Japan for a while because each country has been restricted from entering the country due to the new coronavirus. A few days after the interview, she left Japan and returned to his training base, Canada, to continue training.

https://smart-flash.jp/sports/106512/

The sources are Josei Jishin and FLASH. The very magazines that published shitty articles that implied she moved to Canada to be with someone two years ago. I wonder how they could interview her or how she could allow them to interview her. Anyway, they are both tabloids.

2 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

The sources are Josei Jishin and FLASH. The very magazines that published shitty articles that implied she moved to Canada to be with someone two years ago. I wonder how they could interview her or how she could allow them to interview her. Anyway, they are both tabloids.

She might not have known about their reputation? Medbots in Russia are jubilant Med is getting interviewed by “Japanese press”, no less. 
Or she doesn’t really care. 

7 hours ago, Fay said:

How could she have gone back to Canada when Canada hasn’t opened its borders to foreigners yet? 

They didn't say outright that she went to Canada, just that she left Japan and went to 'the practice base'  - I think they mean Canada, but it could mean somewhere else too. 

Anyway, despite the fact that Canada's border's are closed, people are still arriving:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/thousands-of-travellers-still-arriving-in-canada-despite-border-restrictions-1.4955403

but she'll have to quarantine for another 14 days. In the height of summer in a downtown Toronto apartment. It would not be my choice of ways to spend time.