Team Russia

2 hours ago, Kazu said:

In fact, the biggest problem for us is that she travels around Japan for the Ice Rink. Skaters other than Med aren't doing it, because our government requires people to stay where they are.
She seems to have moved to another prefecture again. We want to ignore her, but she repeatedly annoys us. 

Any possibility of her having left the country? 

12 時間前, Fayさんが言いました:

Any possibility of her having left the country? 

I wanted, but now I doubt it.
The sushi restaurant she posted on Instagram yesterday is only in Saitama prefecture. She didn't have to be there if going directly from Aomori to the airport.
So if the photo was taken yesterday, she's definitely still in Japan.
Most of the ice rinks here were reopened on June 1.

Canadian borders are very strict (specificaly Ontario), she wouldnt be able to elude those restrictions and quarantine, like she seems to be prone to from past recent experiences - her sns is the proof of that - and maybe she and her mom\team are not eager to return to Russia. Yeah, she IS a mess all together.

28 分, PapiandPooh422さんが言いました:

I wonder how will this affect Prism on Ice next year and her invitations to Japanese ice shows like FaOI and SOI.

I once heard that Ari Zakarian plays big part for casting Russian skaters. 

2 hours ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

I wonder how will this affect Prism on Ice next year and her invitations to Japanese ice shows like FaOI and SOI.

Oh, it will. And she knew it already, hence her endeavour to still make her presence known and even deliberately make some fuss. Bad publicity is still publicity, right? Ari will promote Russian skaters who bring him money. Let`s see how it will go from here. If it`s still worth it, he will back her for casting. If not. then not.

Great interview with Serafima Sakhanovich - very honest (but also calm and rational) voice telling volumes about coaching environment and its issues in Russia (and probably not only). Let's listen to the athletes more than those PR wars from more powerful ones. I really felt for her when she said she had a nervous breakdown and ended up in hospital after Plush accused her of laziness and simulating injuries in interview. The ethics of those big figures in this environment are so low it's painful to hear. I hope that gradually, thanks to the courage of those who decide to speak up publicly about their experiences (like Serafima, Katia Kurakova or Betina Popova), this will change for better.

https://fs-gossips.com/serafima-sakhanovich-i-had-a-nervous-breakdown-when-plushenko-accused-me-of-laziness-and-simulation-of-injury-in-his-interview/

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Of course, there must be a SERIOUS reason to leave your life time coach and change your life. It remains to be determined what is the meaning of `serious`for Med. Tuktik and a lot of people would be surprised. It is just my opinion. And taking sides against Tutberidze should be a must for Mishin`s camp for all I know. Again, my opinion too.

30 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Of course, there must be a SERIOUS reason to leave your life time coach and change your life. It remains to be determined what is the meaning of `serious`for Med. Tuktik and a lot of people would be surprised. It is just my opinion. And taking sides against Tutberidze should be a must for Mishin`s camp for all I know. Again, my opinion too.

My personal impression is that they had grown uneasy one with the other for months, but maybe in denial because she was winning and "one don't change a winning team".

This reinforced by the fact she was starting a rather violent coming-of-age crisis (Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson had to endure quite a lot, I remember her at her first championship with TCC, Brian Orser was very patient).

At the moment I thought she was doing the right move, though not very politely (but Brian Orser, him again, made her write a thanking letter which saved it) due to this crisis and to the accumulation of resentment. I still think it was, because I had never liked her skating before, and I started liking it last season. Of course I can't say why, being a dummy, is it that Ilya Averbukh's choreos didn't suit her or something else?

36 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

My personal impression is that they had grown uneasy one with the other for months, but maybe in denial because she was winning and "one don't change a winning team".

This reinforced by the fact she was starting a rather violent coming-of-age crisis (Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson had to endure quite a lot, I remember her at her first championship with TCC, Brian Orser was very patient).

At the moment I thought she was doing the right move, though not very politely (but Brian Orser, him again, made her write a thanking letter which saved it) due to this crisis and to the accumulation of resentment. I still think it was, because I had never liked her skating before, and I started liking it last season. Of course I can't say why, being a dummy, is it that Ilya Averbukh's choreos didn't suit her or something else?

Her skating skills have never been particularly good, and before the move to TCC they were abysmal. Now they are decent, but not top class still. 
She’s a decent actor and can emote, and that served her in lieu of skating, spins and everything. That and her famed consistency when she was with Eteri.