Team Russia

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

It is not Daniil Gleichengauz' choreography!

And I really think they are not trained in that sort of style as a first introduction to dance.

"It explains so much about the Sambo skaters"

Such as Alena Kostornaia, whose style of predilection seems to be modern-jazz, or Anna Shcherbakova, so balletic? ;-)

Sorry, but @Paskud specifically posted that as an example of Daniil's choreography. So I have no idea where you're coming from here, but I'm saying that it looks like none of them have a chance to learn any better, so they all think it's amazing. 

34 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sorry, but @Paskud specifically posted that as an example of Daniil's choreography. So I have no idea where you're coming from here, but I'm saying that it looks like none of them have a chance to learn any better, so they all think it's amazing. 

It's not Daniil's. It's Zheleznyakov's.

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

How did I miss that. 

Anyway the rest of my comments still stand. It's a dreadful way to teach dance

Easy to miss as the name was not in the post but in the previous conversation, which was lately about Zheleznyakov but had been previously about Daniil Gleichengauz.

Dreadful, yes, I am sorry people have to learn that sort of movement but it is the trend and they think they must follow it, I suppose.

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Easy to miss as the name was not in the post but in the previous conversation, which was lately about Zheleznyakov but had been previously about Daniil Gleichengauz.

Dreadful, yes, I am sorry people have to learn that sort of movement but it is the trend and they think they must follow it, I suppose.

Trend is trend, but good taste is something else, isn`t it?

1 hour ago, IULIANA said:

Trend is trend, but good taste is something else, isn`t it?

Also, there's a right and a wrong way even for that trend. Street dancing or hip hop might look like 'anything goes' but if you pay attention, that's really not true. Things like posture and body carriage still matter. 

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Is this why Shoma didn't stick around with team Tutberidze?

That we will not learn unless Shoma discloses it himself. He sticks to the theory it was just a trial, anyway. 

7 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

As to Eteri Tutberidze, she said she wasn't allowed to keep a foreign student.

Come on, she brought a foreign student to a silver medal last year. 

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

Come on, she brought a foreign student to a silver medal last year. 

Yes, and at first she couldn't keep her, that's why she went to Brian Orser's (or that's what they said at the time); but she said she was eventually allowed to take her back and to keep Moris Kviteliashvili, because they had long been her students, not Shoma Uno.

I have no clue as to the truth of these assertions, this is just what she says and "it holds". (As say the Italian : se non è vero, è ben trovato; if it is not true, it is well found.)

And I have no element to confirm it or contradict it.

Just now, SitTwizzle said:

Yes, and at first she couldn't keep her, that's why she went to Brian Orser's (or that's what they said at the time); but she said she was eventually allowed to take her back and to keep Moris Kviteliashvili, because they had long been her students, not Shoma Uno.

I have no clue as to the truth of these assertions, this is just what she says and "it holds". (As say the Italian : se non è vero, è ben trovato; if it is not true, it is well found.)

And I have no element to confirm it or contradict it.

She never said anything about not being able to “keep” Shoma Uno. 

16 時間前, SitTwizzleさんが言いました:

As to Eteri Tutberidze, she said she wasn't allowed to keep a foreign student.

Shoma declared it was his decision that he did not stay with team Tutberidze.  That was just a trial and he felt it would not work well.